The Golf Club 2

Baddar

Yeah, the "career mode" is not something that players who already have put many hours into the game will enjoy. It feels more like a tutorial to get you into the game than anything, by all accounts. I might pay the 7 or 8 quid when the time comes though because some of the tropical courses people are putting out already look stunning and I don't want to miss out. There's an "Asia" theme bundled in too, supposedly.

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I participated in my first ever European Tour event!

The AfrAsia Mauritius Open was held at Elmsley Island, a deceivingly tough Links course. My mistake was only tackling the track once in preparation, and I think I was just about under par on that occasion.

Fast forward a week to the real thing, and my tee shot on #1. It was by far the most nervous drive I have hit on the game. It went way left and into a bunker. I managed to pull off a decent recovery shot but still walked away with a bogey.

The round didn't get any better, and I finished 5 over par. I did miss two easy putts which could have shaved a few strokes off the total, but still, it was a poor round.

Round 2 went better. I learned from the mistakes of the first 18 and scored a level par 72 this time. It meant that I was +5 for the two rounds, and certain to miss the cut. Eventually, I finished near the bottom of the field without getting to play the weekend rounds.

I guess it's taught me to learn the course before committing to a tournament. I've had to take a fortnight off because of real life stuff, but I'll be back for the Irish Open in just over a week. It'll give me some time to get to grips with the Celtic Vineyard GC before playing my tournament rounds. I'll report back soon!

In other news, I bought some credit in preparation for the DLC which is expected to drop at some point this week. Can't wait to get stuck in to some Tropical courses.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it pays to put a lot of time into a course before it comes to playing your tournament rounds. For the Irish Open at Celtic Vineyard, I shot 62, 63, 67 and 61 (-35) to complete my scorecard for the week. I'm hoping those first two days scores were enough for me to make the cut, because the overall total could help my TGC ranking a little bit. This will come nowhere near to winning the event (I've noticed some have posted -50's already) but it's nice to learn a course and then put it into practice when it matters. A good week! I won't find out exactly how I stack up until Friday.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how much either is going for. I know the digital version doesn't come with the career mode. It's going to be added soon as DLC for $10 I think. So if the disc version is less than $10 difference than digital, go disc.

Although, I do have to say, I love have games like this and The Show downloaded. I can just flip back and forth to play them without having to put in discs. Maybe I'm just lazy though. <_<

I will warn you that the career mode isn't much of one at all. It's more of a tutorial to welcome new players to the game, and doesn't last very long. They are talking about expanding it though.

The 10 dollar update does include access to courses created on the new tropical theme though, and that's why I'm purchasing it. Well, that and to support HB Studios too. Got the game for half the price of a standard release and it's definitely worth full price.

• 3 weeks later...