The Golf Club 2

Baddar

I'd like to thank my daughter for that double bogey on 18. She smacked me in the face while I was driving. :/

The baby woke up on the back nine so I think I'm done for the time being. It's too hard to play this and chase her around the living room.

It was fun though and I feel a little bit better about my game.

• Like 1

You were going so well. Only thing I noticed was you were hitting past the hole on quite a few. It pays to club down sometimes, or simply add loft. The greens on this course are by no means slow, but some of them have big landing areas in front of the hole.

Another tip would be to learn how to play the different elevations. A quick example would be...

If a hole is +36 feet higher than your ball, and you are 150 yards away on approach, you'll want to divide the +36 by 3, and add it to the yardage (150 + 36÷3=12, so 162 yards in total)

If it's -36 feet, you do the same thing but take the 12 away from the yardage (150 would become 138 yards). This could sound total bollocks to you, but hopefully it'll help!

BTW, you do seem very handy with the putter.

Yeah, wind is a big factor. The formula is something like..

If it's a tailwind, take off 75% of the total in yards (if it's 8mph, take off 6 yards)

If it's a headwind, add 150% of the total in yards (if it's 8mph, add 12 yards)

That seems to combat the high winds pretty well.

Can you get on at all, midget?

How does the Q School work? I'm thinking about signing up, but have no idea how any of it works.

Do they have one school a month? I literally have no idea how any of it is done or processed.

It's set up as Q School in Tours (I think) and you play 6 consecutive rounds on 6 different courses. Your overall score across the 6 rounds is what they use to determine the Tour you get placed on. I shot under par so was thrown straight into the top tier without really wanting to. It's worth practicing the Q School courses before running through it though, because some will eat you alive if you have no knowledge of it. I mean, you took 6 strokes off (8 if your daughter didn't hit you in the face) in the space of one round yesterday.

Edit: Oh, and it's your responsibility to register each round score on the site by signing your card.

• Like 1