The Golf Club 2

Baddar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else get the email from TGC regarding the Tours? They changed up a couple of courses for Q School. Harbor Island Black got removed due to performance issues (replaced by Kodiak Reserve), and Copper Creek was re-done to be a bit more easy on the eye.

Definitely need to get some practice in next week. It starts on the 1st Dec, I believe. You have until the 14th to get the 6 rounds played.

It is fun even if you're terrible. It does have a steep learning curve, but as this thread doesn't have many pages, have a read through for some tips.

Yeah, this is really fun and I SUCK. I'm terrible at even getting a clean swing consistently. I'm scared to tap L2

So Q School has started...

Did my first round - +8, which I'm majorly disappointed with as I played so much better than that, two stupid double bogeys and being too adventurous on some holes cost me.

Do I have to submit my score or does it pick it up automatically?

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

I will get some practice in before Wednesday, and hopefully play mine this time next week. You do need to go to the site and submit your score (have a check to see if it's the total, or individual for each course) and you're putting the total number of strokes, NOT your par score (+8 in this case).

Meanwhile, I don't think I'll even get time to play my 6 rounds, especially to a standard that I need to. It's not something you can just pick up and get straight back into. My recent focus on GTA and Far Cry has cost me. I will, however, start at the bottom on the Champions Tour and attempt to work my way up.

• 1 month later...

Tottington, 12th hole. Par 3, basically a tee and a green with all sorts of dragons in between. Drive lands in the rough behind the pin, but I managed to chip the second shot right into dat cup.

Nevermind I was +13 at that point. That birdie made me feel like a hoss.

Which is a good thing, because my putting is atrocious. It's drizzling. I have the drizzling putts.