The Amazing Race

EddieG

"The devil invented punting to punish the English."

Shelley and Nici are THE BEST. They even clearly used their Amazing Race superfan knowledge to not pull a Kisha and Jen (or, well, the part where they would have had to have stopped racing, anyway).

I like the mother, but the daughter breaking down like that in the cab on episode 2 and displaying TAR's Killer Fatigue suggests they aren't long for the race.

I'm quickly learning to loathe the Firefighters, particularly Scott.

The Bike Babes got a HUGE assist from the bowlered clue guy, otherwise they might still be there (Well, at least until the next team showed up and figured it out.)

Finally, the eliminated team... "We believe in another universe we won the million dollars." They finished 10th out of 11 teams, that's gotta be a lot of universes before they win. Which is too bad, I quite liked them.

Haven't watched the show since season 2, and am only watching this season due to Bethany Hamilton and her husband competing, because I watched Soul Surfer earlier this year after seeing her story on an episode of Mysteries At The Museum. They get eliminated, I stop giving a shit.

• 2 weeks later...

Fun episode! Even if the trip to Sweden was pointless... it did permit Robbie to display his amazing knowledge of geography.

"Sweden... is that another country or something?" Ah Robbie, doing great things to debunk the myth of the dumb rassler.

The Cyclist Chicks obliterated this leg... I like them. Good team, cool style.

Robbie and Brooke finished second? Wowza. They did much better than I expected today.

I like the scientists, I doubt they can win the race but they seem like a sweet pair.

Shelley and Nici... yes, the daughter was a bit petulant, but shutting down and giving the silent treatment, not informing your daughter when you see the mat means that mom is just as much to blame, if not moreso. Really surprised at how poorly Shelley behaved throughout the episode.

I hope it was just an off day for the Surfers, I really want them to do well, Bethany should have done the roadblock though.

Well hello Dentists, shame that was a non-elimination leg. Enjoy your humble pie with a large dose of hubris. Seeing Dennis defeated on the mat was a highlight of the season. Oh, and my mother, who rarely swears dropped an f-bomb when she realized the toothy two didn't have to use their save. Hope the Speed Bump is a doozy next week.

Edited by Beeker00Zero
  • Like 1

I want the dentists and the mother and daughter gone. But if Adam and Bethany get eliminated, I'm done watching. I like them, Rob and Brooke and the cyclists. The other teams I didn't mention I don't care about one way or the other.

Oh man, Adam and Bethany are my least favorite team left. They're just really dull TV and Bethany not doing a totally non-physical roadblock (besides holding a tray I guess) doesn't bode well for the future.

Really great leg for Robbie and Brooke. Skill-related tasks are going to fuck them up but it's clear that they're the physically strongest and fastest team in the race.

• 1 month later...

Oh my god, they're bringing the "my ox is broken" challenge back. This makes up for the lack of the Hay Bales of Doom.

Tim and Tejay and the Cyclists going out one after the other kills the season for me, though. No chance that Amy and Maya win, and Brooke and Robbie are pantomime villains so they're out too.

I always hated the Haybales of Doom, because there was no strategy or ability involved, just pure luck.

The return of the Broken Ox makes me giggle with glee!

Tim and TeJay became grating by the time they got the boot, they were stereotypical screeching, whining gay males.

Losing the Cyclists hurt because they are easily a top 3 team and one I will truly miss.

Now I see why Brooke is known for her ass, not her mic skills, the woman is truly ugly on the inside. Plus her and Robbie made two massive, one minor mistakes doing nothing to dispel the belief that wrestlers are stupid. Not telling the Scientists where the clue was on Mount Faber (because the Scientists are less of a threat than the Cyclists would have been), not U-turning the Cyclists and not figuring out who the clue guy was in the square. The Scientists were foolish to believe Brooke and Robbie, that was their mistake.

Edited by Beeker00Zero

• 11 months later...

So, this is pretty big: the next season of The Amazing Race is about to start filming and it's filled with "social media" stars. There's a load that I've never heard of, but Tyler Oakley is in it and Burnie and Ashley from Rooster Teeth are doing it too. Probably will be the season that airs in February.

I will know none of these people! But that should be fun. I hypothetically enjoy Rooster Teeth?

quick thoughts on the current season: the Green Team are probably my favorite villain team in quite a few seasons. They have a Colin and Christie vibe, if Colin were more of a ham than a psychopath. I find Denise and James Earl endearing, and the cheerleaders are seriously growing on me. As long as the Texas guys don't win I'm probably cool with whatever happens.

I just really really loved the last episode as it was filmed about 10 minutes away from me, wish I knew at the time so I could've gone and met Phil. :( 

I might actually have to watch this if Burnie and Ashley are going to be on it. Zach King has a pretty nifty Vine account too, if I'm thinking of the right guy - does a lot of SFX vines, right?

8 hours ago, Cloudy said:

I might actually have to watch this if Burnie and Ashley are going to be on it. Zach King has a pretty nifty Vine account too, if I'm thinking of the right guy - does a lot of SFX vines, right?

I'm pretty sure he is that Vine guy.

And I saw the announcement that Burnie and AShley...so I am interested in this season! Been a few years since I watched one.