EWB's Top 50 TV Shows of 2014: The Results

GoGo Yubari

Yeah, that was pretty much the feeling I got from it, not really enough time for the season to breathe (breath? breathe?).

Pretty sure it's 'breathe' :P

Gotham is just... I don't know, it's not utterly horrible, there's been slight, very slight ups, but there's also been humongous downs. I'd be happy if it improved drastically, but I wouldn't be fussed if it just went away.

A48YF07.gif

fNJdW6j.png

20. Sherlock (60 points, appeared on five ballots) (Last Year: NR)

DBWNKSf.png

19. Bojack Horseman (64 points, appeared on six ballots) (Last Year: NR)

q3Woboz.png

18. Archer (66 points, appeared on eight ballots) (Last Year: #17)

5yCLZvx.png

17. Community (66 points, appeared on nine ballots) (Last Year: #12)

UvN5m0z.png

16. Doctor Who (71 points, appeared on nine ballots) (Last Year: #9)

Next Time, on EWB's Top 50 TV Shows of 2014: There is no quiet anymore. There is only Doc McStuffins.

There is no freaking way Gotham is better than Elementary.

I don't like either show, and I know this to be true.

Edit: Fucccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkk yessssssssssssssss Bojack.

Also had no clue Community was still on the air. I kinda stopped bothering after the third season. Y'all watch some poopy TV.

Elementary's good, though. People write it off as "hur dur procedural starring Holmes", but it's got some fantastic performances and 9 times out of 10 the case of the week takes a backseat to character development.

Also, I don't get BoJack. Maybe it's an "I'm getting old" thing, but the few episodes I tried to watch I didn't find particularly funny or witty or whatever at all.

Sherlock is incredible, probably the best drama Britain's made since Edge of Darkness, and I really think some of you should give it a try. I honestly think it deserves a top three placement.

Bojack was a lot of fun, and as it developed, it showcased way more depth than I expected it too, an found I was in many ways more attached to some of these characters than I realised. The comedy, at times, is great. Maybe not the perfect show to marathon as a few things get repetitive, but very encouraged for a second season.

Archer's still great, too!

Haven't watched most recent Community or Doctor Who, don't feel overly compelled to either.

• Like 1

A quick check tells me I can apparently only watch it with Hulu Plus (unless there's a workaround I don't know about). Apparently I can get a free week as a trial, but that's not going to work when I have exams. Especially with 97 episodes to watch.

Maybe at the end of the month.