Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

I like how Van Gaal says he won't panic buy then goes out and puts a silly bis on Martial. 

It's a strange signing as they need someone with proven quality rather than someone who could become great in a few seasons time.  

I like how Van Gaal says he won't panic buy then goes out and puts a silly bis on Martial. 

It's a strange signing as they need someone with proven quality rather than someone who could become great in a few seasons time.  

Who is available though? We've spent the last few windows signing players that we either didn't desperately need, or not for positions we needed to fill. 

This one has been positive with the midfield being strengthened. But Memphis is essentially a Di Maria replacement and Darmian was a gamble that looks to be paying off. 

We NEED a striker. If De Gea goes, Valdes needs to get his arse into gear because he'll definitely be called upon. A centre back is also required but I can't see that happening as well. 

SSN now saying that the FFF have given Martial permission to leave the national team to complete a deal. I'd be delighted if true.

Yeah, I read that. Pretty sure Martial was our number one target this summer, but we could never have afforded the rumoured price. He's done well for a 19 year old and seems to have bags of pace. It seems like it could be a busy deadline day for a couple of us. It seems quite likely now that Ade, Lennon and Lamela will leave (maybe Fazio too) and we're looking to bring nearly anyone and everyone in at the moment. 

I mean, I can see Prem clubs going for three of those, but we'll know by tonight if Lamela's off. Latest link is to OM. 

We've apparently had a bid for Axel Witsel rejected, according to some reports.

But yeah, jealous of Martial. Seems he was always out of our grasp, but I think he'll do well. 

Who is available though? We've spent the last few windows signing players that we either didn't desperately need, or not for positions we needed to fill. 

This one has been positive with the midfield being strengthened. But Memphis is essentially a Di Maria replacement and Darmian was a gamble that looks to be paying off. 

We NEED a striker. If De Gea goes, Valdes needs to get his arse into gear because he'll definitely be called upon. A centre back is also required but I can't see that happening as well. 

SSN now saying that the FFF have given Martial permission to leave the national team to complete a deal. I'd be delighted if true.

£36mil though for an unproven 19 year old is a big gamble. As I said it could pay off in a few seasons time but I can't see him having a major impact this season.

It's a massive gamble but to be honest, no team would let us sign their top striker without us paying over the odds. They know we have the money to do it.

City just spunked 50 odd million on a player who is unproven in the PL, regardless of how he's done at Wolfsburg. This isn't me comparing the two players as I'm aware he's done well there, but again, United aren't getting anyone on the cheap, and neither are their rivals. 

Perhaps Borini will just reject the move again...having determined that his career ambition is not so much to be a footballer as it is to troll Liverpool Football Club. :shifty: 

Jose Enrique would sue him for gimmick infringement.

• Like 1

Don't think it's a panic buy. He's been scouted for quite a while by us. Monaco going out of the CL has apparently helped it happen. Was a matter of time before he made a move to a bigger club, seems we've decided to act early before other teams come in.

It's a massive gamble but to be honest, no team would let us sign their top striker without us paying over the odds. They know we have the money to do it.

City just spunked 50 odd million on a player who is unproven in the PL, regardless of how he's done at Wolfsburg. This isn't me comparing the two players as I'm aware he's done well there, but again, United aren't getting anyone on the cheap, and neither are their rivals. 

As opposed to what you're doing now?

As opposed to what you're doing now?

Liverpool are in no position to talk about spending too much money on a player, quite frankly.

Transfer fees are on the rise and don't look like stopping.

• Like 4

Was Martial in the Ligue 1 worst 11 too? Everyone else was, it seems. 

Anthony Martial is fucking class. Wouldn't become a key player right away, but definitely useful for the team this season. I wonder when United will sign a CB though....

Tottenham have sold Ismail Azzaoui to Wolfsburg.

Arsenal have made a 20 million euros offer for Dynamo Kiev's Andriy Yarmolenko

OM midfielder Mario Lemina is having a medical at Juventus.

Chalobah is apparently completing a medical at Napoli, having decided that it would be a better loan option than going back to Reading.

Victor Moses is also supposed to be going out on loan (possibly to West Ham)...and signing a contract extension too. K.

And The Guardian are reporting that Jellybaby will cost only £2.7 million. Hah.

'Unproven in the Premier League' and spending £36mil on a 19 year old who's made 50 career appearances are two very different things. De Bruyne is also definitely proven, he got nearly 30 assists last year, it's not as if the gulf in quality between the Bundesliga isn't negligible. He's not going to forget how to play football because he's now playing in England, with a better team.

Fees are going up but that's absolutely crazy money for Martial. That's almost Raheem Sterling money, only he's a year younger, way less experience and isn't English.