Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

Also you can shout "Get in Min Son!" every time he scores.

Better than his name is a shop. :shifty: 

edit: inb4banned

My 2nd literally die of the night. :shifty:

No U

edit: thank you rich :shifty: 

Edited by EddieG
  • Like 1

• Admin

Real Madrid defender Fabio Coentrao has joined French side Monaco on a season-long loan deal.

Nottingham Forest are set to turn down a bid from Premier League side West Ham for winger Michail Antonio, BBC East Midlands Today reports. The Premier League club offered about £4m for Antonio, 25, plus winger Matt Jarvis on a season-long loan. West Ham would also have covered the wages of Jarvis, 29, for the year. The club say the offer is nowhere near their valuation of Antonio, who has also attracted interested from Derby County and West Brom.

Romania defender Gabriel Tamas has joined Cardiff after impressing while on trial at the Championship club. The former Watford and West Bromwich Albion player, who has won 65 caps, is understood to have agreed a one-year contract.

It's true. I've no qualms over KDB. His absence and/or success elsewhere aren't an eternal hole in my heart like with, say, Schurrle.

127.gif

And indeed, our net spending has still been substantially less than any of Man City, Man United, Arsenal or Liverpool over the past few years, so I'm not fussed about the extra cash.

As for his actual footballing talent, he's good but I accept that no club can have All The Players, particularly when playing the Loan Farm system of balancing the books with continuous incomings and outgoings. I want to play Oscar and Hazard and Fabregas and (sometimes) Willian and so on. If we kept KDB, one of these would not necessarily get played, and I'm not completely sold on the idea of there being a massively obvious chasm in quality between KDB and Oscar, for example. At least, for the one half of a season where Oscar performs anyway. :shifty: 

I've just been reading a Liverpool Echo piece about Mario Balotelli. According to the article:

• He skipped training to buy an iPhone 6.
  • During a team bonding exercise he claimed not to know who Joe Allen was. This was after several months at the club.
  • He refused Rodgers' request to go clap away fans after the Basel game.
  • He also brought an entourage with him to the Basel game that stayed up quite late in the team hotel.
  • Liverpool had to stop his hangers on from coming to Melwood.
  • And he ignored the fitness coach when asked to do a warm down after the AFC Wimbledon game.
  • He was caught smoking at Melwood.

It's part funny and part sad because his contract had incentives for good behavior in it so you'd assume he'd have tried a bit harder.

• Admin

Leads us nicely onto this...

Mario Balotelli will have a good behaviour clause inserted into his contract with Milan which will ban extravagant haircuts and clothing and commit him to a healthy lifestyle.

Gazzetta dello Sport said on Wednesday that the club’s chief executive Adriano Galliani had based the clause on regulations which are applied to people who serve in the Italian air force.

The 25-year-old, repeatedly criticised for his poor work rate, is set to return to Milan just one year after leaving for Liverpool, where he had a dismal season. He underwent a medical in Milan on Tuesday before an unexpected loan move, although the deal has not yet been officially confirmed.

According to Gazzetta, Balotelli must not damage the image of the club and his Twitter, Facebook and Instagram posts will be closely monitored. He will be banned from extravagant haircuts and clothing, from smoking and from visiting night clubs and must turn up on time for training. His drinking will also be limited.

Balottelli has used Facebook, though, to bid goodbye to Liverpool’s supporters. “I’m grateful to Liverpool FC and Liverpool fans for the time and opportunities you gave me,” he wrote. “It’s not a goodbye but rather a farewell. I’ll be supporting you guys all the way in every competition ... unless you face AC Milan.”

The striker’s first spell at Milan was relatively successful and uneventful with a respectable scoring rate although there were some misdemeanours. He lost his temper in front of the cameras after one performance was criticised by Italian television pundits, telling his interviewers that they did not understand football and throwing his microphone down.

He was also booked for making a vulgar gesture at Cagliari supporters, served two three-match bans and was caught smoking in the toilet of a train by a ticket collector. However, these incidents paled in comparison to some of his antics at Manchester City earlier in his career, where he famously set fire to his house after letting off fireworks in his bathroom.

...and the Guardian have done an obituary for his hair

I've just been reading a Liverpool Echo piece about Mario Balotelli. According to the article:

• During a team bonding exercise he claimed not to know who Joe Allen was. This was after several months at the club.
  • He also brought an entourage with him to the Basel game that stayed up quite late in the team hotel.
  • And he ignored the fitness coach when asked to do a warm down after the AFC Wimbledon game.

It's part funny and part sad because his contract had incentives for good behavior in it so you'd assume he'd have tried a bit harder.

I guess he'll just have to have the gold plated toilet rather than the platinum one. Shame really.

• Like 1

It's true. I've no qualms over KDB. His absence and/or success elsewhere aren't an eternal hole in my heart like with, say, Schurrle.

Hidden Content

And indeed, our net spending has still been substantially less than any of Man City, Man United, Arsenal or Liverpool over the past few years, so I'm not fussed about the extra cash.

As for his actual footballing talent, he's good but I accept that no club can have All The Players, particularly when playing the Loan Farm system of balancing the books with continuous incomings and outgoings. I want to play Oscar and Hazard and Fabregas and (sometimes) Willian and so on. If we kept KDB, one of these would not necessarily get played, and I'm not completely sold on the idea of there being a massively obvious chasm in quality between KDB and Oscar, for example. At least, for the one half of a season where Oscar performs anyway. :shifty: 

I actually think De Bruyne is about one or two classes above Oscar. He had a fantastic season with Wolfsburg.

• Like 1

Balotelli should try out for the NFL, sounds like he'd fit in.

• Admin

Roberto Martínez said Everton would reject John Stones’ transfer request on Thursday as he told Chelsea that “money can’t buy everything”. He added, “I am not surprised by the request because he is a young man who is under massive pressure from people and outside influences. What we need to do is give more value to contracts. We need to bring more seriousness to being part of a football club and to making sure that contracts are important.” Stones has four years remaining on his contract at Goodison Park and Martínez reiterated his long-held position that the former Barnsley defender will not leave Merseyside this summer.

The Besiktas president has confirmed that Liverpool will not let Lucas Leiva leave the club in the current transfer window, according to a report in the Liverpool Echo.

Wolves have rejected a third bid from Norwich for striker Benik Afobe. The Championship club’s position remains unchanged over Afobe’s future and they have reiterated he is not for sale.

Son Heung-min has had a medical at Spurs.

Leicester City hope to complete the signing of Demarai Gray from Birmingham City after agreeing to meet the release clause in the 19-year-old’s contract. Gray has emerged as one of the brightest prospects in the Football League and attracted interest from a number of Premier League clubs, including Bournemouth, but Leicester are believed to have offered the £4.7m fee that would trigger a deal for the winger.

Lewis Grabban has been suspended by Norwich City after going absent without leave for Tuesday’s League Cup victory at Rotherham. The 27-year-old was not at the New York Stadium for the 2-1 win, despite having been named as a substitute. He has now been told not to report to training on Thursday, although Norwich have so far declined to comment. Grabban has been the subject of three bids from former club Bournemouth, with Norwich understood to be holding out for a fee in excess of £6m.

Sevilla have announced that Fernando Llorente will undergo a medical in the next few hours with a view to joining the Primera Division club on a permanent transfer from Juventus. The 30-year-old forward is set to return to La Liga two years after leaving Athletic Bilbao to join Juventus. He is expected to sign a four-year contract with the Europa League winners once his contract with the Italian champions is terminated.