Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

Apparently Neymar would become the face of the brand though, so the deal would pay for itself.

This sort of thing was silly enough when we were supposedly going to spend £200 million on Messi (apparently with half of that being paid by Adidas themselves FOR SOME REASON). No need to throw another £40m on the pile, guys. :shifty:

A bit like when people claim that increased shirt sales will in any way offset a major transfer fee. Err, no.

I haven't read the article (it's The Sun), but are they claiming the transfer fee is £240m? I assumed it was that thing they do where they combine the fee and all his wages for the next decade to make a BUMPER DEAL~!

Yeah I'd have no problem paying that for Neymar, given his quality, age and marketability. He and his agent are likely using Man United to pull a Rooney and get a new deal though. 

I would hate to see how angry and confused Rooney would get if Neymar did come in and earn more than his £300k a week though!

Am I the only one who rates Charlie Austin more than Berahino?

And he's sitting RIGHT THERE, available at probably half the price.

We're definitely after someone who is very different to Kane, and I think Austin isn't too dissimilar. 

And yeah, it's madness that they've rejected 22 mil for Berahino. I don't think he's worth that money, but thought 22 mil would definitely do the trick. 

I think Martin Tyler had it spot on last night. With the money coming to PL clubs because of the new TV deal, the smaller teams no longer need to sell their best players. Before, West Brom would have taken the money and run for Berahino. Now, they can hold out for what they deem fair for him. WBA don't need to sell, Spurs need a striker. It's either they pay 25-30 mill or miss out.

• Like 2

Love that West Brom are just defiantly sticking to their guns to the point that they've rejected an offer that is generously overpriced by at least £10m.

What are you talking about? He's young and English. That's £40m right there.

• Like 1