Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

Have Spurs been linked with Charlie Austin yet? Surely that's a rumour that writes itself.

yep, seems like he is a target if Berahino doesn't work out. His price tag has definitely put a lot of people off.

Isn't £15m for a player who scored 18 league goals for Queens Park Rangers, who is also English a bargain?

Or have I heard a different price tag?

According to the Express, Besiktas have held preliminary talks to sign Mesut Ozil. Meanwhile, I am the Pope. 

Also;

Benzema to Arsenal?

Football gossip

This one just won't go away.

According to Italian journalist Emanuele Giulianelli, Arsenal are close to announcing the signing of Real Madrid's 27-year-old France striker Karim Benzema.

Imminent closing for Benzema to Arsenal: Tuesday could be the day of medicals and announcement.

Edited by Alexis Sanchez

Finally seen the SSN Football Manager thing. Don't know why you're all slating it, watching Tony Cascarino trying to fathom what he's even looking at is one of the best things I've ever seen.

• Like 1

He had a handful of good games in a row that massively inflated people's views on him, in reality he was sort of neat and tidy sometimes and occasionally wasteful, and we've got loads of them. On form Tiote is miles better, and he doesn't offer anything that Colback and Anita don't, plus it should open up a space for Kemen eventually.

Good luck to him, but meh.

Surely if they leave Williamson on the doorstep of St. James' Park, someone will come take him away?

I'd actually be very happy with the squad if Abdennour signs. Colo/Mbemba/Lasselles/Abdennour would be a lovely rotation. Fans are still complaining even though the club's net spend is one of the highest in Europe and at this point and the club has actually landed some highly rated talents too. The only real concern after a centre back is left back but Haidara isn't the worst and I certainly don't want Charlie Austin for anywhere near the £15mil being quoted.

I know he only plays 6 games a season but Steven Taylor is still real, and I'd have him above Lascelles and potentially Mbemba just for the decent partnership he tends to have with Colo, fingers crossed we'll get that tomorrow.

Otherwise I agree, but Haidara is useless and the fact he's the only one we have is very worrying.

I thought that he was supposed to be legitimately good?

He was. Then he joined Newcastle's development squad. Where careers go to die.

The only thing more useless than our academy is Rudy Gestede's ability to grow a beard. Fucking hell lad, if I was Sherwood, that would be coming right off. Embarassing.

I'd take a left back over a central defender too but Dummett taking number 3 would seem to indicate that he's rated by the club and will feature when he comes back.

I've never seen Guerreiro play but I like him because he plays with Portugal despite not having a word of the language and I think that's funny!