Your Guilty Pleasure Films

IDOL

It's genius and I want more. Cage is the modern day Indiana. But instead of stopping nazis he's kidnapping and stealing parts of America. Then rubbing lemon juice on shit.

I wonder why they never made more given Hollywood's penchant to milk franchises for all that they're worth. Was the 2nd one that unsuccessful at the box office?

Haha hardly. The first one cost 100 million. It made 350. 250 million profit.

The second cost 130 million. It made ..450 million. 320 million profit.

It's already passed 1/2 a billion in the black. They just need to avoid the 3rd movie blues. But with that kind of franchise yeah I'm shocked there's not a 5th by now.

I wouldn't hold my breath for the third one. Disney owns the rights to Indiana Jones now so they might see it as superfluous. The bigger issue though is that Jerry Bruckheimer no longer has a production deal with Disney. There are ways around that (they are doing another Pirates movie after all) but Disney needs to be motivated to do it and I'm not sure they will be with Indiana Jones available to them instead.

I wouldn't hold my breath for the third one. Disney owns the rights to Indiana Jones now so they might see it as superfluous. The bigger issue though is that Jerry Bruckheimer no longer has a production deal with Disney. There are ways around that (they are doing another Pirates movie after all) but Disney needs to be motivated to do it and I'm not sure they will be with Indiana Jones available to them instead.

After that last one... I'd take cage over indy.

Three Ninjas and Surf Ninjas. Who doesn't love ridiculous movies with kid ninjas!?

And I am so sad I no longer have my copy of BASEketball. Me and my friends still to this day will tell Steve Perry at each other.

The first two Mortal Kombat movies (yes, both of them) and Street Fighter are also fantastic.

I had totally forgotten about these, the first is one of my all time favourites. Love the music obviously and I'll never get sick of hearing "those were $500 sunglasses asshole."

Christopher Lambert was awesome too, which reminds me I really need to go back and watch the Highlander movies.

The only thing that bugged me about MK2 was that it started exactly where the first one finished (which was cool) but had some recasts. Also I totally loved the Mortal Kombat: Conquest TV series, which was probably terrible but I was surely too young to realise.

Edit: After a quick wiki it appears MENG was a guest star on one episode. Must find this.

After that last one... I'd take cage over indy.
George Lucas won't be involved so I'm willing to give it a chance.