Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (Consoles)

ZJ Penn

So this game reaalllly needs text chat for dungeons. I'm level 12 on my Templar and managed to get a dungeon group for The Banished Cells. We breezed through to the last boss, where you periodically have to kill orbs to stop him healing. No one attacks the orbs, so the boss is forever at full hp. I was the healer, and our group leader was level 26 or something, so everything scaled up to him; meaning I couldn't kill the orbs by myself.

I tried to tell them on the mic what to do, but Lord knows if they even had voice chat on. None of them responded and continued to not attack the orbs on our next try.

Tl:dr - Voice chat only is a great idea, but the game needs an alternative for people who won't use it.

If you can find a guild that would be your best bet at making sure you had people that had mics. If you don't want to go that route though or just don't have enough people on and use group finder I recommend making sure as soon as it places you to check and see if they are talking and if not I always just leave and find another. So far I've only had to leave 3 or 4 times and find new ones.

Just got to level 33 with my Dragonknight last night. I really wanted to make a Templar or a Sorcerer, but the prospect of having to find all the Lorebooks again and rebuild a separate guy makes me feel like I should just put all the effort into my main character.

• Like 1

I was the same on my Sorcerer. Luckily I was only 15 when I decided to switch to Templar. I should have gone Templar straight away really, since I always get the urge to heal in MMOs.

Apparently you end up with enough skill points to be able to do anything with any class, so I don't think it matters much outside of class skills - unless you're aiming for ultra maxed out raider.

Had a really fun run through Banished Cells yesterday. No one on mic, but everyone played their role and it was pretty coordinated. Healing was challenging but a lot of fun.

Need to put some more time in to level up a bit. Getting sidetracked with dungeons and PvP means I'm only level 13. 

• 3 weeks later...

As an Elder Scrolls fanboy, I was really excited for this and was involved in BETA.

For the life of me though, I just can't get into it. I'm not sure if it's just that my net connection was slower than I'd have liked, or if I just don't enjoy the MMO elements that the game has added. It's graphically stunning and should be fun to explore, but I find combat to be so tedious.

I'm on PS4, EU though. 

Should definitely play more than I have done. Got to 15 on my sorcerer then decided I wanted to play a Templar. Now I'm level 16 on that. Think my only probelm is how easy I'm finding it. I seem to be over levelled for everything because I can't bring myself to skip any quests.