Which shows have you 'show divorced'?

Benji

I rarely watch anything religiously. I'm not a Netflix/binge kinda person and don't invest myself in many programmes at once. Generally I doscover something late and watch through a boxset at my own leisure (such as The Wire, Third Watch...)

Before I was married I watched the first couple of series of 24 as they were shown bymut it divorced me by moving to Sky. Lost did the same after the first couple of series.

Heroes is the series I can think of as me leaving it,  a few episodes into series 2. It was perfect as one series with a fantastic ending. Unfortunately the chance to make money ruins everything.

Oh, Peep Show. I got behind when we left to live in Japan. LOVED it up until the series when Mark gets made redundant but I don't think I've seen any since then.

I have a few. Prison Break was one I finished half way through Season 3 as it just turned to shit. Which was disappointing considering how good the first two seasons were.

Heroes. Quit at the start of season three.

Family Guy - The episode before the whole Brian thing. Genuinely feels like a chore to watch these days.

24 - Gave up probably around season 6.

Homeland - Pretty much gave up in season 2.

The Shield - The Glenn Close series killed it.

Yeah first two series of Prison Break were excellent.

I think the story that they had was only logical for two seasons. After that it just went into almost "sequel just because" territory where you could clearly sense that it was being written on the fly with no real end game.

Now I'm hearing they're making another season. Not sure how legit it is but it makes no sense to me.

Arrow. Season one was great (after a few early hiccups,), season two was absolute perfection, one of my favourite seasons of any shows, then on season 3 the writers just shot their load and did almost everything wrong they could've done.

I like the idea of a shared universe, however Arrow was (relatively) grounded, the villains were never super powered and it was purely based on Oliver Queen's skill and resilience, but then Flash happened and the the Atom happened.

The Ra's Al Ghul plot started really, really well, however with what happened at the mid-season break, that was where they lost me because what happened was implausible, impossible and completely ignored a really, really clear cut choice they should've used. I managed to watch about 3 episodes after the break and gave up.

Arrow. Season one was great (after a few early hiccups,), season two was absolute perfection, one of my favourite seasons of any shows, then on season 3 the writers just shot their load and did almost everything wrong they could've done.

I like the idea of a shared universe, however Arrow was (relatively) grounded, the villains were never super powered and it was purely based on Oliver Queen's skill and resilience, but then Flash happened and the the Atom happened.

The Ra's Al Ghul plot started really, really well, however with what happened at the mid-season break, that was where they lost me because what happened was implausible, impossible and completely ignored a really, really clear cut choice they should've used. I managed to watch about 3 episodes after the break and gave up.

Should check out Season 4. A lot better than 4 thus far and to be honest, you'd probably just need to read a summary of Season 3 to get caught up.

Should check out Season 4. A lot better than 4 thus far and to be honest, you'd probably just need to read a summary of Season 3 to get caught up.

I've got them all still on series link so they are ready to watch, but I'm so anal about these things I can move on to season 4 without finishing season 3

The big problem with Heroes was too much Sylar. He should have been dealt with for good at the end of season two, rather than having him stick around. The last straw for me was him killing Nathan then being (temporarily) brainwashed into replacing him. I watched the episode after then promptly stopped watching, but I did watch the series finale. Mohinder gaining powers was also a stupid idea.

I have no interest at all in Heroes Reborn despite my two favorite characters (Noah and Hiro) being in it, and Zachary Levi also being involved.

Edited by GhostMachine

The first season of Heroes was fantastic, everything was done perfectly and that end was just excellent with Nathan realising the error of his ways, Peter realising what had to be done, Hiro stepping up to be the real hero, just it was all great. If you watch that on its own, Heroes was great.

Then season 2 happened and they decided that everyone needed a boyfriend/girlfriend and their personal lives became the sole focus and it was awful.

• Like 3

Had it with Lost. Watched every episode as it was all first airing and then got a bit in to season 4 and just couldn't be arsed with it anymore. Haven't gone back to it since, don't even know how it ended. Pretty big drop-off really considering how in to it I was, was a pretty sudden "fuck this" one day.

Had it with Lost. Watched every episode as it was all first airing and then got a bit in to season 4 and just couldn't be arsed with it anymore. Haven't gone back to it since, don't even know how it ended. Pretty big drop-off really considering how in to it I was, was a pretty sudden "fuck this" one day.

It definitely got into "make it up as we along" mode in season 6 especially. I still loved that show though, despite it ending with far too many questions. It probably remains the only show I watched from pilot through to the end as it aired.

Edited by Alexis Sanchez