Survivor: Kaoh Rong ***SPOILERS***

GoGo Yubari

I don't think there was an actual right move, just a series of moves that would have been varying degrees of damaging. But it seems to me like taking a direct shot at them, if they were operating under the idea that the idols worked like normal idols, would have been... hypothetically the right move? Maybe a proper 3-3 split between Scot and Debbie.

I actually think the only person whose game is 100% over after that episode is Scot, if we're talking realistic path to the million. But it's pretty, pretty bleak for Cydney and Aubry.

Knowing who has the idols, it would be in everyone else's best interests to try and get rid of Tai's idol(s) then Tai himself. I don't see anyone beating him if he makes it to the finale.

(That said, I want Tai to win)

16 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I don't think there was an actual right move, just a series of moves that would have been varying degrees of damaging. But it seems to me like taking a direct shot at them, if they were operating under the idea that the idols worked like normal idols, would have been... hypothetically the right move? Maybe a proper 3-3 split between Scot and Debbie.

I actually think the only person whose game is 100% over after that episode is Scot, if we're talking realistic path to the million. But it's pretty, pretty bleak for Cydney and Aubry.

If I was Cidney and Aubry, I would have just stuck with the plan to split three votes on the Tai/Scott/Jason alliance. You needed to flush those idols out in that situation. They believed that Julia was going to flip with the men. By keeping Julia and the idols around, you've made it so Tai/Scott/Jason will cruise to the F5. Maybe the basis of the move was to solidify trust with Julia, who was weary of Debbie? I don't know. I hate super idols for this reason and they definitely won't have them in the game anymore. The problem with the super idols was that it was basically used by one player to coast to the final 5. Now it is a situation where an entire alliance is basically going to use it to coast to the F5. 

Aubry is a garbage player thats why she voted out Debbie. Sadly, I think the final 3 will still end up being Michelle, Cydney, and Aubrey with Cydney getting the win. I think Julia will stick it out with the girls just based on how she voted last episode. 

However in my heart, I want to see Tai or Julia win.

I mean, for weeks I've been thinking "well Tai can't win the game, because he is Tai". But at this point - who else is a viable winner? I'm actually starting to think that maybe he does actually win this. 

I'm going to say it's a Julia/Jason/Scot final three with Julia or Jason winning, depending on how the Aubry/Cydney/Joe/Michelle bloc feels about Julia selling their alliance out. I feel like the alliance lines are probably murky enough and Jason will be seen as complicit enough in the sabotage stuff that it won't cost her, but who knows, I guess.

I could see that. Jason had a super negative edit early on but he's been bearable post Alecia. A lot of people were wondering why Probst didn't hype the season more and I think a Jason or Tai win would explain that. The producers love Tai but I think they would be worried that the fan base might not love that a terrible strategist won. 

He said it was a bad season?

Either way, I don't think Tai played a bad game so far, barring revealing there was a super idol. He had a crisis this episode on who to follow and made the strategic option instead of following his heart. Plus when he put out the fire, he at least had the brains to do it at night when everyone else was asleep. 

Does anyone know when the super idol becomes unusable? Surely some guy can't carry it everywhere to the final 3, right? 

Dunno how I feel about that move yet, will wait few more weeks before commenting on it. 

Dunno if I posted it here, or somewhere else, but I predicted my final three to be Cydney, Aubry, and Michelle. And I think I am even more confident on it.

Edited by Alex.

I can't stand Aubry, but i'm glad Scot is gone. If Alex is right and its an Aubry, Cydney, and Michelle final 3, Aubry wins. 

Tai did a double shot, which is even more gratifying. In one swoop, Scot is gone and so is Jason's idol.

2 hours ago, RPS said:

Eh. I'm over good game moves. I love it when it keeps the show interesting. 

Totally agree. Good game moves are really only fun when there is a tangible or memorable moment anyway. If I wanted a season full of really good game moves, it would theoretically be quite boring.

I cannot stand Aubry either which is why I don't love the move. Would've loved to see her gone so I don't have to deal with the constant complaining every week. Looks like things for my girl Julia have gone bad especially after the preview for next week. :( 

This is probably the first season since China where I legitimately have enjoyed the season from beginning to end. There has not been a bad episode yet.