RIP Johan Cruijff

EddieG

21 minutes ago, Adam said:

Oh no, this sucks. He was doing well a short time ago apparently.

:(

Yeah, he was at the F1 testing in Barcelona to see Verstappen, and told press that he was winning the fight. :( 

Ugh ... learned about him after I was amazed by Bergkamp.  My soccer coach growing up told me I made a good choice and then asked if I wanted to see tape of the guy that my favorite player had grown up watching. 

Simply great ... Heaven's Beautiful Game just got a whole lot prettier.

• Like 1

Fuck. Absolute legend of the game, I was a fan of him because my Mum would always talk about him and the '74 team (she doesn't know much about football but she knows who the greats are). Best player to never win a World Cup? Maybe.

1 hour ago, Colly said:

Some say the guy in blue (Jan Olssen) is still looking for that ball to this day.

• Like 5

Great player. One of a kind. Some of the stuff he could do with a ball was ridiculous. 

Thoughts are with his friends and family.  

The Netherlands' friendly against France will be stopped after 14 minutes for a minute's silence to remember Dutch great Johan Cruyff.

Former Ajax and Barcelona star Cruyff, who famously wore the number 14 shirt, died of cancer aged 68 on Thursday.

The decision to halt Friday's friendly was announced by the Dutch football association (KNVB) following the death of their former captain and coach.

Both the Dutch and French teams will wear black armbands in tribute.

There will also be a minute's silence before kick-off in memory of the 34 victims of the Brussels bomb attacks in Belgium on Tuesday