NFL Thread

Guest LdE1986

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, first Indy and now Pittsburgh. I really wonder why people go against the Pats anymore. It's kinda silly. Oh well, now its time to look forward to the super bowl. I hope the Steelers have fun watching it at home. :)

Well, what can I say. Too little, too late. I'm not complaining though, the Pats played a terrific game and I have all the respect in the world for them. I hope they go on to win the Super Bowl, that way I can say that the Steelers lost to the Super Bowl champs, and there is nothing to be ashamed about there. I'm being as classy as possible here and it would be much appreciated if some people didn't act like jackasses.

Seriously, it was an amazing season, only to end with the Steelers running out of gas. Regardless of their post season woes, I'm am extremely proud to be a Pittsburgh Steelers fan and look forward to hopefully cheering them all the way next year. Good job boys, now take a much deserved rest.

I'll be cheering for the Pats by default. I just can't stand Terrell Owens or The Eagles. I was really pulling for Atlanta but they looked bad. As good is Vick is with his feet, that arm leaves something to be desired. That's why they lost, Vick couldn't make quality passes and Trotter was a machine killing the Falcon's running game. New England still has the edge though.

The Pats are gonna beat the Eagles, by a convincing margin.

This years Pats are on another level, think about it.

They dismantled Pittsburgh and Indy, probably the 2 best teams in the league. And they don't even have Ty Law and Richard Seymour, 2 all pros. They are the dynasty of the new millenium. Besides the Cleveland Browns of course... :shifty:

GO BROWNS! Yeah that's the best part Crennel is the next Cleveland head coach, time for some turn around hopefully.

Pats are hardly a SPECTACLE. Sure, they stepped it up on the Playoffs, but that's what you're supposed to do. If you look at every win they had this past season, you'll see each is reasonably a close win. I'll go on record to say I hate the Pats, now especially for killing Big Ben's efforts at having probably one of the greatest rookie runs ending in a Super Bowl victory, but I won't say they're a horrible team. Super Bowl comes, I'll be cheering for the Eagles.

I dunno if anyone else caught this but when Deion Brach caught a touchdown pass in the fourth quarter and walked in to the end zone he was waving to the steelers players chasing him, then waved at the crowd and grabbed a towl and started waving it around. I thought the fans were going to kill him. :lol:

So Mike Vick's Playoff record this year: 1-1

Peyton Manning's Playoff record this year: 1-1

Vick had a terrible passing performance yesterday, do you all still think he's a better QUARTERBACK?

Granted if he got an actual big play reciever things would probably be different, but as is, he's no Manning.

Sadly its the worst of the possible superbowl outcomes for me as I now have to hope the Patriots win thanks to my deep NFC East rivalry driven hatred of the Eagles.

I am glad that the Eagles finally got past the championchip game and into the finals. I hope that Owens comes back in time for the game in two weeks for this simple reason.

I want the Eagles to be at full strength, that way when the game ends, they can't say "If Owens was here, we would've beaten you guys."

I really do feel that at this time, the Pats are at full strength, everything is going good and they are basically unstoppable. This should be a good game, but I dont think that the Eagles are going to pull it out at the end.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Vicks team 10 points......Peytons team 3 points.

Plus, what hump does Vick have to get over? he hasnt had all these stumbles like Peyton has, first Peyton couldnt beat Tennessee, then he couldnt win a playoff game, then he couldnt get to the AFC Championship game, now he cant beat the Patriots? Vick hasnt had any walls like that, in his 1st full season he won a big game at Lambeau, this year he only missed 1 game because of a questionable injury? then he's already got to the NFC Championship game.....only problem he's having is beating the Eagles....and please, he's only played them twice, both in Philly and in the playoffs.

It doesnt matter. Peyton Manning is far far FAR less inconsistent than Vick. Fact is, Vick still has to season himself to be any good. You CANNOT, using all the common sense you have, compare Peyton and Vick. I don't see how you can compare a RECORD-BREAKING vet like Peyton to a slowly rising star in Vick. At this point Vick shouldn't be better than a vet, and he isn't. Give him two years and you can begin comparisons, but right now the guy is too inconsistant to be played as better than one of the best QBs in the game.

I dunno if anyone else caught this but when Deion Brach caught a touchdown pass in the fourth quarter and walked in to the end zone he was waving to the steelers players chasing him, then waved at the crowd and grabbed a towl and started waving it around. I thought the fans were going to kill him. :lol:

Vicks team 10 points......Peytons team 3 points.

Plus, what hump does Vick have to get over? he hasnt had all these stumbles like Peyton has, first Peyton couldnt beat Tennessee, then he couldnt win a playoff game, then he couldnt get to the AFC Championship game, now he cant beat the Patriots? Vick hasnt had any walls like that, in his 1st full season he won a big game at Lambeau, this year he only missed 1 game because of a questionable injury? then he's already got to the NFC Championship game.....only problem he's having is beating the Eagles....and please, he's only played them twice, both in Philly and in the playoffs.

Edited by Javs