NFL Thread

Guest LdE1986

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sabresfan11

I saw on the news last night that rumors are Travis Henry, the Buffalo Bills RB will be traded to the Raiders. Take it with a grain of salt for now since its just a rumor but that would help them out there.

Bears add Muhammad in hopes of boosting passing game

Feb. 26, 2005

SportsLine.com wire reports     

CHICAGO -- All-Pro receiver Muhsin Muhammad agreed to a contract with the Chicago Bears one day after being released by the Carolina Panthers.

Muhammad was cut by Carolina on Friday because the Panthers did not want to pay a $10 million roster bonus due on Tuesday. It didn't take long for him to find a new home.

Muhammad, who will be 32 in May, comes off a strong season despite the Panthers having spiraled from NFC champions to 7-9. He caught 93 passes, led the league with 1,405 yards and had 16 touchdowns as the main target after Steve Smith broke his leg.

"He's a guy who makes plays," Bears receivers coach Darryl Drake said on the team's website. "He just brings a lot of experience and savvy and a lot of intangibles to the organization that you just can't coach.

"I'm excited about him coming in at this point in time being involved in a new offense, and getting himself established and helping us reach the goals that we want to reach as a team."

Muhsin Muhammad exploded in 2004 with 93 catches and 16 touchdowns.

Drafted in 1996 in the second round, Muhammad played 125 games for the Panthers, making two Pro Bowls.

Chicago has had one of the league's worst passing games. Last season, without starting quarterback Rex Grossman for much of the year, the Bears ranked dead last among 32 teams.

Although a fan favorite, Muhammad's time in Carolina was not always smooth. Through his ties to former Panthers Rae Carruth and Fred Lane, he was a witness at court hearings for Carruth, who was charged with arranging the murder of his pregnant girlfriend, and Deidra Lane, who pleaded guilty to shooting to death her husband Fred.

He was also the target of an offensive racial term used by then-Panthers quarterback Kerry Collins in 1997. He was arrested in 2002 on misdemeanor drug and weapons charges.

On the field, Muhammad was often criticized for dropped balls and for giving up on a route at Atlanta in 2003 that led to a game-ending interception by the Falcons.

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

Bears add Muhammad in hopes of boosting passing game

Feb. 26, 2005

SportsLine.com wire reports     

CHICAGO -- All-Pro receiver Muhsin Muhammad agreed to a contract with the Chicago Bears one day after being released by the Carolina Panthers.

Muhammad was cut by Carolina on Friday because the Panthers did not want to pay a $10 million roster bonus due on Tuesday. It didn't take long for him to find a new home.

Muhammad, who will be 32 in May, comes off a strong season despite the Panthers having spiraled from NFC champions to 7-9. He caught 93 passes, led the league with 1,405 yards and had 16 touchdowns as the main target after Steve Smith broke his leg.

"He's a guy who makes plays," Bears receivers coach Darryl Drake said on the team's website. "He just brings a lot of experience and savvy and a lot of intangibles to the organization that you just can't coach.

"I'm excited about him coming in at this point in time being involved in a new offense, and getting himself established and helping us reach the goals that we want to reach as a team."

Muhsin Muhammad exploded in 2004 with 93 catches and 16 touchdowns.

Drafted in 1996 in the second round, Muhammad played 125 games for the Panthers, making two Pro Bowls.

Chicago has had one of the league's worst passing games. Last season, without starting quarterback Rex Grossman for much of the year, the Bears ranked dead last among 32 teams.

Although a fan favorite, Muhammad's time in Carolina was not always smooth. Through his ties to former Panthers Rae Carruth and Fred Lane, he was a witness at court hearings for Carruth, who was charged with arranging the murder of his pregnant girlfriend, and Deidra Lane, who pleaded guilty to shooting to death her husband Fred.

He was also the target of an offensive racial term used by then-Panthers quarterback Kerry Collins in 1997. He was arrested in 2002 on misdemeanor drug and weapons charges.

On the field, Muhammad was often criticized for dropped balls and for giving up on a route at Atlanta in 2003 that led to a game-ending interception by the Falcons.

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

Raiders have agreed to a contract with Lamont Jordan..

Damn, they're really going at it this offseason.

And the Bucs signed Griese to a 5 year 32 million dollar contract. Although the contract gives the Bucs every possible way to get out of the deal, Griese is still the guarenteed starter come next September. Bullshit. :(

Edited by Javs

I've waiting impatiently to see who the Lions can sign in these first few days of free agency. Right now our priorities stand as back-up QB, starting guard/tackle, number 3 WR, and a starting safety. Of all the QB's on the market, I'd like to see Detroit land Jeff Garcia. I think he'd fit in perfectly with Detroit, with our system and his familarity with Mooch. At the same time though, I'm really hoping that any QB we sign as our back up will remain as our back up. I'm praying that Joey Harrington can take that next step and lead this team to the playoffs.

I don't see any reason that this Lions team can't contend for the NFC North division title. I just pray that Boss Bailey and Charles Rogers stay healthy for the full season. Our offense could be quite scary with Roy Williams and Charles Rogers lined up on opposite sides, with Kevin Jones coming out of the backfield.

As for Boss Bailey, he will add another dimension to an already young, speedy LB core. With Teddy Lehman, Alex Lewis, and James "Dirty" Davis, we could potentially see the emergence of a great young group of linebackers.

Let's take a look at my favorite division and yours the AFC North...

NOTE: The following could be construed as satire.

The Baltimore Convicts - Samari Rolle, Derrick Mason

The Cincinatti Bungles - TJ Houshmanzadeh

The Cleveland Stains - Can't remember. I think Trent Dilfer or someone like that.

The Pittsburgh Steelers - "The NFL's Second Best Wide Receiver" Cedrick Wilson + key RFA "the 5 foot wonder" Willie "I Played Awesome All Season Until The AFC Championship Game When I Fell Apart Like The Rest Of My Team" Williams

So as you can see, eventhough the Steelers have limited cap room the addition of Cedrick Wilson to take the spot of Antwaan Randle El as he steps in for Plaxico Burress will be HUGE! Cedrick Wilson is going to single handedly put the Steelers over the AFC Championship Game hump! Finally! The Roethlisberger-Ward-Sometimes Wilson Connection = SUPER BOWL BOUND BABY!

Edited by SkinMySenses

The Cleveland Stains - Can't remember. I think Trent Dilfer or someone like that.

The Pittsburgh Steelers - "The NFL's Second Best Wide Receiver" Cedrick Wilson + key RFA "the 5 foot wonder" Willie "I Played Awesome All Season Until The AFC Championship Game When I Fell Apart Like The Rest Of My Team" Williams

So as you can see, eventhough the Steelers have limited cap room the addition of Cedrick Wilson to take the spot of Antwaan Randle El as he steps in for Plaxico Burress will be HUGE! Cedrick Wilson is going to single handedly put the Steelers over the AFC Championship Game hump! Finally! The Roethlisberger-Ward-Sometimes Wilson Connection = SUPER BOWL BOUND BABY!

The Browns may not be getting any big name guys yet altough they got Baxter from Baltimore but they are getting what they need O-linemen. They may also be able to pick up a guy that was in Romeo system in NE such as Ty Law. In terms of the divison I think it really is a toss up anyone could win the division. Pittsburgh is good but I doubt they will be able to play like they did last year. Baltimore got better with its pick ups. Even if Pitt makes it to the Playoffs they will choke like they always do.

Yeah thats what I said they are finally getting olinemen. Gary Baxter may help the secoundary alittle and if Crennel is able to lure Ty Law they will have a quality secoundary. They have a few wide recieve that have the skills they just need to step up. Antonio Bryant was showing signs of being a #1 reciever at the end of last year he had like 5 tds in the last 4 games. Steelers are going to have a tough time winning the division this year with 2 quality teams and posibly the Browns if they pick up a couple more guys.