The Drew Carey Show

St. Dubb

So I was looking at TVGuide.com and saw that the Drew Carey Show was coming on tonight. Now I knew that new episodes had been coming on this summer, but I haven't really watched but a few because the show has sucked since Kate left. But I saw that the 9:30 episode is the series finale. And it just made me realize how screwed over the Drew Carey has been. This show used to be one of ABC's top comedies and now the series finale is coming on and I never saw one promo for it. Sure the show doesn't have the audience it used to and the quality is not good anymore, but they should still atleast promote the final show so old fans could come in just to see the show go to its much-needed grave.

The Drew Carey Show is a perfect example of a show that should have went out on top. It's sad really to see what the show became. But I'll be catching the series finale just to watch one of my former favorite shows go down in a blaze of...well not glory. :(

Guest Wrestling_Man

That was such a good show.  ABC might have pushed it too much, but hey, we still have Whose Line Is It Anyway and some new show on the WB this fall.

Whose Line got cancelled and I'm betting that after a few episodes, the new one will too.

That was such a good show.  ABC might have pushed it too much, but hey, we still have Whose Line Is It Anyway and some new show on the WB this fall.

Whose Line got cancelled and I'm betting that after a few episodes, the new one will too.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

I love the Drew Carey show, at least I loved the older shows, but haven't seen it in awhile. I just turned it on, and not five minutes later I changed the channel. Its just not funny anymore, which is very sad, as Carey is a good comedian, and hopefully will get another show real soon.

I used to watch the show, and seriously...I had no clue that the finale was even goin on tonight until my friend told me. It says a lot about how much effort they are putting into pushing a show when my first reaction to my buddy saying that the finale was on tonight was "The Drew Carey Show is still around?"

It's a shame, because it was a really good show, and I agree that it was totally not given much of a chance.

Sucks.

Guest seattlebandfan9

I used to watch this show all the time. It sucks that it is coming to an end and I didn't know it was happening like a lot of you...However...I haven't been watching for the past few seasons either.

love the Drew Carey show, at least I loved the older shows, but haven't seen it in awhile. I just turned it on, and not five minutes later I changed the channel. Its just not funny anymore, which is very sad, as Carey is a good comedian, and hopefully will get another show real soon.

Same here, the TBS repeats are the shit.

Whose Line getting cancelled probably had something to do with either bad timeslots or not enough promotion from ABC, I know I could never figure out what day it came on.

As for The Wayne Brady Show, I have no idea why it got cancelled. It was an award winning show but I guess not enough people watched.