ESPN or FS1?

So I was wondering, which station is better? I prefer FS1, I like their cast and their shows just entertain me more than ESPN. I also feel like ESPN is firing or losing a lot of good talent, which are soon being picked up by FS1. Thoughts?

FS1 lost a lot of points with me for fucking around with Katie Nolan's show. It was easily one of the best things on the network, but hey, it needs to be "retooled" or whatever. Fuck that.

ESPN is trash. They'll spend 30 minutes talking about gossipy bullshit, but then turn around and say, "Oh, by the way the Nashville Predators advanced to their first Stanley Cup last night." It's a huge suck ass corporation with an agenda, and they've completely lost focus of producing the best sports programming on television. The only time I can even stand ESPN is if it's playing a basketball, football, or baseball game. If it's SportsCenter or another one of their lame 'talk-shows' then you couldn't even pay me to watch. 

That's another good reason to avoid both of them. The amount of personalities with scorching HOT TAKES~ on both channels is really annoying.

16 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

2 of my least favorite sports people work for FS1 (Herd and Skip) but then again ESPN still spotlights Stephen A. Smith so you're kinda screwed either way

I like Cowherd just because he got his start in Portland, and that's where I've lived my whole life

Since my favorite college team is in the Big12 (WVU), and the Big12 has a deal with FS1, I prefer FS1. Although, in recent months, FS1 really pissed me off when they fired Jay Onrait and Dan O'Toole. Those guys were effin' hilarious! Sadly, FS1 had no idea how to promote or use them. Thankfully, Jay and Dan are going back to TSN in Canada where they were appreciated so much more.

ESPN has soured on me because of all the political crap, as well as the fact that most of their talking heads (save Scott Van Pelt) have terrible personalities. Unless it's a live game where WVU is playing, I very rarely watch ESPN.

FS1 seems to be a bit more tolerable than ESPN at this point.

• Admin
7 hours ago, Meacon said:

Honestly, I prefer FS1 to ESPN (like I'd rather be kicked in the balls than have the cut off), but 99% my TV is either on MLB Network, NFL Network, NBA Network, or NHL Network. Those are the only sports channels I even bother with anymore. 

Yeah I don't know how people would survive without NFL Network. It isn't perfect but it damn sure tries well. It is fantastic. 

• Like 1

Outside of live sports, the only thing I watch on ESPN is Highly Questionable. But I don't really watch FS1 at all (I think all of their on-air personalities are garbage) so I guess I'd say ESPN, pretty much by default. Lineker is correct though, NFL Network is where it's at. They too have dumb on-air talent but football.

Edited by livid
  • Like 1

ESPN is going to shit. They've fired a lot of their best talent, are breaking up Mike & Mike (and they're not talking to each other off-air anymore because of it), and are only worth watching for actual sporting events, rather than their various shows, now. I used to watch First Take to see what kind of outrageous bull Skip Bayless would spew, but actually consider Max Kellerman an upgrade. (I used to watch Max's old show I,Max, which was on a long time ago. I don't watch Skip's new show on FS1.) I'll watch Around The Horn occasionally, but that's about it.

I cannot name a single show on FS1. 

Edited by GhostMachine

22 hours ago, BringBackWCW said:

Since my favorite college team is in the Big12 (WVU), and the Big12 has a deal with FS1, I prefer FS1. Although, in recent months, FS1 really pissed me off when they fired Jay Onrait and Dan O'Toole. Those guys were effin' hilarious! Sadly, FS1 had no idea how to promote or use them. Thankfully, Jay and Dan are going back to TSN in Canada where they were appreciated so much more.

ESPN has soured on me because of all the political crap, as well as the fact that most of their talking heads (save Scott Van Pelt) have terrible personalities. Unless it's a live game where WVU is playing, I very rarely watch ESPN.

FS1 seems to be a bit more tolerable than ESPN at this point.

Jay and Dan are fucking incredible. I'm not even from Canada and I found ways to watch them on TSN.

Edited by The Big Bratwurst
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Big Bratwurst said:

Jay and Dan are fucking incredible. I'm not even from Canada and I found ways to watch them on TSN.

Go on, I'm listening...