Arsenal Thread

TMM

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody hell. Another Champions League game where we just couldn't win. According to the commentators (on BBC London radio) there was a Greek player who should've been sent off about 3 times by full-time. He was the first of the two players that got booked I believe.

Oh well, this Sunday will make up for it when we beat Manure.

The first goal that Panithanikos(sp?) scored was brilliant. Yeah sure Lehman was crap and made a huge mistake and there was a little bit of luck, but the guy who scored it hit it so damn well.

I do like Arsenal, but I'm just finding it funny how everyone is saying they are going to win the CL this year, yet so far they are looking poor in the group stages. If they step up a few levels and get to there best then sure they might have a shot, but right now it looks like they're going to struggle to even make it through to the next round.

That Lehman error was shocking, how many times did he mess up last season in the CL, and looks like he will be doing it all over again.

I didn't see all of the game but from what I did see we were very lackluster. Any one no how we are in the league, I can't imagine us being too high up at the moment.

Lehmann is generally a good goalkeeper, but it's starting to get beyond a joke for me now. The best goalkeepers all make mistakes, but Lehmann seems to keep making them when it matters the most. I stuck by him throughout last year and all the cock-ups, but now it is time to look for a full-time replacement.

I doubt that'd happen any time before the end of this season, though I guess there's a chance we could pick somebody up in January. I'd opt for Robert Green, but Wenger should be keeping tabs on how Stack is doing at Millwall.

Edited by supergrass

I've said it before and I'll say it again: no new singings are needed, just Stuart Taylor and /or Graham Stack.

Anyway, onto tomorrow...I really don't see United even getting near a win. They will be lucky with a draw, sorry to all the Man Utd fans who think otherwise, but...shit that's the way the cookie crumbles.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: no new singings are needed, just Stuart Taylor and /or Graham Stack.

Anyway, onto tomorrow...I really don't see United even getting near a win. They will be lucky with a draw, sorry to all the Man Utd fans who think otherwise, but...shit that's the way the cookie crumbles.

All I can do is salute the whole Arsenal squad. 49 games unbeaten is an amazing achivmemnt.

I would have preferred to have lost the record against someone other than Man Utd and under different circumstances, why Mike Riley, Man Utd's number 1 fan was chosen as ref was beyond me.

But I cannot say enough for our team, truly amazing.

At the end of the day United were the much better of the two teams. Wegner is a complete cocky cunt by saying Arsenal played better, sorry but I lost all respect for him today, not that I had much for him in the first place because I just don't like the guy at all, whether he's a good manager or not.

Either way United are back in the title race and I wouldn't be surprised if they walked away with the title. It's doubtful off course because I just cant see a team like Arsenal going so down hill, but with United anything is possible.

Still hats off to Arsenal for the brilliant unbeaten run. They're an awesome team and it's going to be so interesting as to how they come back from todays defeat.

On a side note, great game today.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

I seriously don't think Utd were the better side.

Both teams were equally as poor, look at the players and their contributions.

Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira, Pires all had quiet games.

Nistelrooy, Rooney, Giggs, Scholes all had poor games.

Both defences were brilliantly solid and to me, the only player who looked like scoring or creating something was Reyes, he was full of energy and I now know why he was the most fouled player in La Liga because when he gets on the ball he is electric and it seems as if teams will kick him until he stays down but he doesn't he gets up and gets on with it.

Anyway, I felt a draw would have been a fairer result as both teams didn't do enough to deserve a victory imo.

But Utd did win and our unbeaten record is over. Now we just need to focus on City away and then the Southampton game. And try and get 2 wins there.

Edited by Gooner4Life

Guest Reyes Henry

that stupud rude nisterlooy thinks ge's so great ... wel'll he's wrong. but arsenal were equallyto blame.

cole and reyes were the only ones springting up and down the pitch, but were full of energy whereas henry, bergkamp and viera had their passes intercepted. edu did well, i think

MARK BRUS

Tuesday, 26 October 2004 1:00 AM

ARSENAL NEWS - José Antonio Reyes says he is looking forward to the day when Manchester United visit Highbury later in the season.

Arsenal's unbeaten Premiership run ended at 49 games with a 2-0 defeat at Old Trafford on Sunday. Reyes, however, is not worried about the end of the record and is already thinking about handing back a bigger defeat to United in February.

The young Spaniard took a beating from the Neville brothers in the Gunners' 2-0 defeat and has described it as the hardest match he has ever played.

"In all my sporting life I have never received so many kicks as in Manchester," he said. "It was the hardest match I have played in England and the referee should have stopped the violence of the Manchester United players.

"I received more blows in that match than I have ever done in the Spanish League and I finished on the ground covered in bruises.

"The referee made so many mistakes and didn't perform well. The penalty should not have been given - but now we all know what a good actor Wayne Rooney is in the penalty area."

"I already have a big desire to play the return match in London," he said. "We want to give back the defeat to them and by more goals."

Well said José.

From the first whistle, those fucking Neville's were on a mission to take him out the game, I swear. And Fergie probably put them up to it, when Reyes came over from Spain people said he is a fighter, but I didn't realise he was this much of a fighter, he was being kicked left right and center and still didn't stay down. Good for him I say.

The game at Highbury is going to be even bigger and I would absolutley love it if we put 4 past them.

Edited by Gooner4Life