Arsenal Thread

TMM

I can't wait for Gilberto to get back into action. As good as our midfield is, I just think it's that little bit stronger with Gilberto in, he can take some of the pressure of Vieira and let him be a bit more free from time to time.

Not that I'm unhappy with Fabregas and Flamini getting some games. In a really disappointing season they've been two of our success stories IMO. Senderos had a largely good outing against Bayern too, I guess we have to be positive until next season and see what happens.

Getting back on to the subject previously mentioned of Arsene Wenger being given money to spend this year, I read that ITV had upped their stocks in Arsenal worth a reported £30,000,000 for us. I read in another paper we'd received £30,000,000 again, though I'm not sure as to whether or not they meant the same money as the other paper from ITV or a different source of cash (which would be great if that's the case - I'm really not too sure on that story though). There'll be some money there to build upon at least.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freddie's miss just now in injury tme was shocking. Not like it mattered at all or anything, but its one of the worst misses I've seen in a long time. Other than that I thought the match was in general very dirty, which to be fair to you gooners wasn't entirely your fault, as it seemed like it all came from the Diouf sending off. Not a bad game though, especially in the first half, now United just have to get their name in the hat in a few hours time.

Typical Bolton game really.

I fucking hate them, they don't play football at all, all they do is fucking throw it in from god knows where and it is really frustrating, they don't get the ball on the grund and play, just lob it in the box. And their fans are also fucking annoying, always whinging and complaining.

Ljungberg's miss was indeed terrible, no idea how he missed it.

We will get Utd in the semi, just you watch.

Unless of course Soton beat Utd.

I fucking hate them, they don't play football at all, all they do is fucking throw it in from god knows where and it is really frustrating, they don't get the ball on the grund and play, just lob it in the box. And their fans are also fucking annoying, always whinging and complaining.

It is just that they annoy me, Norwich don't do that, West Brom don't. Bolton are the only team I have ever seen who seem to try and create all their chances from long throws into the box.

Next season, Marco Né will join Arsenal FC. The Belgian press reported today that Né will not join Hamburg but he is going to Arsenal to join his countrymen and former teammates Kolo Touré and Emanuel Eboué.

Né is a creative central midfielder, with a great view of the game, very good dribbling and passing skills. His only weakness is that he can’t finish his opportunities, although he impressed us sometimes with good headers and shots. But he is always looking for a pass to a teammate, even if he is one meter away from the goal.

There are no details released about the transfer price, but there can be assumed that it will be around the amount of 1 million Pound.

He is good, but once again, if true, we should REALLY be aiming higher than this.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I was actually impressed with both Né and Eboué during their trials in the Amsterdam tourney, they didn't do anything amazing, but they fit in well, they're both promising talent and for the meanwhile could make up part of a decent backup.

Wenger will spend much bigger in the summer, but I don't want him to stop with his own scouting of talent, because thats one of my favourite parts about him. I can see us being hot on the tails of Owen, Wright-Phillips and Kuffour, it all depends on how much they'll cost, I believe Kuffour's contract is up and he's already declared his interest.

Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United are all ready to hand Emre Belozoglu the chance to play in England next season.

The player has confirmed he is leaving Internazionale in the summer with The Premiership and La Liga his two preferred destinations.

The 24-year-old is not yet ready to move back to his native Turkey and his agent has admitted to skysports.com that England is where he wants to be.

"I have told the Nerazzurri's officials that I'll leave in June because I want to play in another country," Emre told Lig TV.

"I don't want to come back to Turkey. I've received many offers both from Spain and England and I hope to go in one of those countries.

"I have another two years' contract with Inter, but I hope there won't be problems."

Both Arsene Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson are known to be long-term admirers of the diminutive Turk - who arrived at Inter in a £5 million treble deal which also saw Okan Buruk and Hakan Sukur transfer from Galatasaray.

Liverpool were also interested when Gerard Houllier was in charge and now it can be revealed that Rafa Benitez made a move for Emre in January - which confirms his interest.

While his fellow countrymen failed to find their feet in Serie A, Emre has flourished and shown what an adept player he is.

However, despite having two years left on his current deal - he is now ready to move on.

His agent Ahmet Bulut - who in November told skysports.com that Emre would quit Inter this summer - has again confirmed his client is looking to move.

Bulut still feels that England is the most likely destination for Emre.

"Emre wants to leave at the end of the season," he told skysports.com.

"I am now waiting for the offers and expect to receive them over the next few weeks.

"We expect that only the top clubs in England could afford Emre's salary and we know there has been a lot interest there.

"Liverpool tried for him during the transfer window, so that is something we may look at again - but we are still looking at the offers."

source: planetfootball.com

Arsene Wenger NEEDS to sign Emre this summer. He would be great replacement for Edu, and he can also play on the left wing if Reyes was to leave.

Reports in Spain claim that Jose Antonio Reyes' agent has met with Arsenal to broker a fee for which The Gunners would be willing to sell his client.

Spanish sources are convinced the player will be heading back to Spain in the summer, and insist Reyes has put the wheels in motion to secure his release.

Reyes's representative, Jesus Rodriguez de Moya, is reported to have met Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein a few days ago with the objective of agreeing a price for which The Gunners would be prepared to allow the Spain international to leave.

While happy on the pitch at Highbury, Reyes is understood to be unsettled off it having not adapted to life in England.

He was the victim of a hoax telephone call from a Spanish newspaper earlier in the season in which he admitted he would relish a return to Spain, and in particular to Real Madrid.

Indeed, it is with a move to Real in mind that Rodriguez de Moya is meant to have convened with Dein.

Los Merengues are set for a major overhaul of their playing staff in the summer with another trophyless season now a distinct possibility, and Reyes is one of their top targets.

The forward is known to be keen on a switch to the Santiago Bernabeu and acknowledged his pride that the capital club were reportedly following him during his current stay in Spain.

Reyes's former manager at Sevilla, Joaquin Caparros, is one of those convinced that the forward will return to Spain in the summer and sign for Real.

"Reyes has the profile to play for Real Madrid," Caparros stated when questioned on the matter.

"He has a lot of quality and I see him in the short term at Real Madrid."

If Arsenal do ultimately decide to offload the 21-year-old at the end of the season they will look to recoup most of the near £17 million fee they laid out on him in January last year.

source: planetfootball.com

If this is true, then fuck.

If he leaves we will be so amazingly gutted, he has the potential to be the best player in the world one day and is one of the best dribblers that I have seen in a long time. I really want him to stay. :(

Edited by Gooner4Life

I'll be even more annoyed if we don't even make our money back on him. To sign him for only a year and lose money on the deal on top of that would be a final kick in the teeth.

I hope he'll stay, I don't think we're in as bad a position as some people would have us belive. A few good signings, like Emre, and keeping some of our better players could see us back challenging well next season.

Guest _sTe_

The good thing about the deal which brought Reyes to Arsenal was that the majority of the deal was based on his success.

I think it was £9million fee, plus extra if we won certain competitions. So taking into account The Premiership last year, and possibly the FA Cup this year, the price on top of the £9million shouldn't be too much. So anything upward of £10million should see us get our money back.

Reyes has disappointed me. Other than a few sparks of brilliance, and the first 6 or so games of this season, he just hasn't done much. I know he's only been at Arsenal a short time, but as much I want him to stay and see him improve, I won't be too bothered if he went to Madrid, especially if it ups the transfer kitty next season.

Reyes has been disappointing. He has showed touches of class and sparks of brilliance, but unfortunetly he's taking way to long to settle in and he's still doing it. If he goes, then well, it's up to him. As long as we make a profit on what we paid for him.

On the subject of the deal being 'payment on success' thing...anyone else feel sorry for Sevilla? £12m or so they won't ever see if he goes!

On Emre...we had better get him. I remember talking about how we were suppose to be getting him last summer, and about 2/3 years ago as well! So I hope we get him because he's is class, and the ammount we'll pay won't be much more than £5m I think.

Reyes out and Emre in...I can live with that. :)

I wouldn't.

Reyes is going to be fucking brilliant.

His agent has come out again and said these stories are nonsense.

I just want the truth to come out, it maybe that he is unsettled but wants to work it out and stay put, or he is unsettled and wants to move, or it could be that he is infact perfectly happy but it seems to me like the Spanish media really want him to play for Real Madrid, just because we beat them to signing him.

The truth will probably come out in the summer I suppose.