Arsenal Thread

TMM

I don't think it matters what Drogba meant anyway, because either way he's not even close to being as good as Henry. He's not shit or anything, I just don't rate him as being anything spectacular.

Should be an awesome game tomorrow. No Henry is bad news though, real bad news. Van Persie playing? If so, good and hope to see him grab one.

Just imagine if Ashley Cole scored an own goal tomorrow, we'd have the press going crazy for months saying how he did it on purpose because he's joining Chelsea :shifty:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good first half. Terry has been fantastic so far, adn Senderos has been nearly as good but for one moment. We should be winning here, but you could argue the other way as well.

Thing is, I honestly don't see where a goal is coming from unless Wenger takes off Reyes and brings on Aliadiere or Van Persie. I'd like to see both play, but truth be told, this isn't the time for a relatively un-proven Aliadiere to come and 'give it a go'.

I personally would have put Reyes on the left, Pires on the right and put van Persie up front with Bergkamp. But I think we're doing pretty well as it is. Got to agree with Andy Gray in that having Gilberto back makes Vieira a completely different player, having him go forward gives us an extra threat we've been missing.

I can see van Persie or Aliadiere (maybe both) coming on, maybe they'll have a better effect coming on later when other legs are little more tired. Not a bad start though.

Personally, I think Reyes should be sold. He is shit on a stick, hell, that is a compliment to him. He is worse than that.

I want the old Reyes back, if he doesn't come back before the end of the season, there is no point him coming back at all.

On a brighter note, our defending today was brilliant, Senderos cannot be dropped, he is just too fucking good at the moment, whats that now, 1 goal conceded in 8 games from our defense? Pretty good for our standards this season.

Wenger needs to push Kolo to right back, he is better there imo, and then put Sol and Phillipe in the middle.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Senderos is quality, I can see him being the heart of our defense in years to come.

As for the game last nite, lets go another 10 years.

Elsewere Manchester United got beaten 1-0 by Everton to give us a 4 point cushion in second place. They ended up with 9 men and Ferguson sent his assistant, Carlos Quieroz, to do the media thing afterwards, as did Jose Mourinho, sending brick-headed number 2 Steve Clarke out to do his bidding. I just made me think that whatever people might say about Arsene he's always available to do his job. If we lose in horrific circumstances he's always there to talk about it. He never throws a huff and sends Pat Rice out. Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Got that off Arseblog. Ferguson only didn't talk to BBC but he never does, but he didn't speak to any media against Norwich and doesn't speak to media when something goes against him, so it is a good point. That is another thing that I like about Wenger.

Bleh. It wouldn't have mattered even if Arsenal won, Chelsea has all but sealed the title. All Arsenal have to do now is keep off Man Utd and they can go into the CL automatically again. Come to think of it, when was the last time Arsenal's finished third or below?

The season before Wenger arrived iirc.

Because Wenger has never finished outside the top 2. Yeh, I remember now, his first season he took over kind of half way through and got us in the UEFA cup. Since then, runners-up or champions. Quite a good record for someone who the bookies had as first manager to be sacked the year he took over.

Arsenal starlet arrested

Arsenal starlet Quincy Owusu Abeyie has been arrested following a fight after the PFA Player of the Year Awards ceremony.

Owusu-Abeyie was taken into custody by police following a skirmish. One man was taken into hospital with head injuries.

A police spokeswoman said: "Police were called at around 3am to Shaftesbury Avenue to reports of a fight in progress.

"Officers arrived to discover a man, believed to be in his mid-20s, suffering from injuries to the head.

"He was taken to a central London hospital in a stable condition.

"It is understood the altercation involved the victim and up to four men outside the Cafe Royal.

"A short time later, three men aged 19, 28 and 35 were arrested in the vicinity.

"They are all currently in custody in a central London police station."

Dutchman Owusu Abeyie is one of the next generation of Arsenal stars, having joined from Ajax in 2002.

Good game, nervy last couple of minutes, but at least it delay's Chelski's celebrations for a week at least.

Senderos was again a rock, and Reyes looks like he may be starting to re-capture some form. Don't expect anything this year, but hopefully if he's still at Arsenal next season, he'll be on fire. Good performances all round.

Only if we played like this all through the season. I thought we were brilliant today, 8 clean sheets in 9 games. Sorry Sol, no way back in the side this season by the looks of it.

Everyone today played brilliant, even Reyes and Lauren. And Edu just has to stay, when he came on, he was top class and fitted right inot the pace of the game even though he has been out for god knows how long.

Edited by Gooner4Life

Following the cheating discussion in the Man U thread, I would just like to point out Viera's beautiful dive in the first half....top class.

Good goal though, and from seeing just the first half, Spurs were awful.

Come on...he was CLEARLY knocker over! :shifty:

What was funny was when I saw that, I thought of that discussion and started to laugh...

Guest Ringmaster

There was lots of conspicuousness in that match, on both sides, so I'd look over the dive, it's Viera after all. I remember, on French TV, they asked Viera about his diving ability, he just answered that he "takes one for the team". Brave skipper.

Following the cheating discussion in the Man U thread, I would just like to point out Viera's beautiful dive in the first half....top class.

Good goal though, and from seeing just the first half, Spurs were awful.

Come on...he was CLEARLY knocker over! :shifty:

What was funny was when I saw that, I thought of that discussion and started to laugh...

I saw it, and thought "I'm going to mention this" straight away!

Meh, it had to be done. I knew what he was doing, as he expected a challenge, and didn't get one, but the momentum took him down. Not a dive neccesarily, just "gamesmanship" maybe.....:shifty: