Arsenal Thread

TMM

Slickman's trying to convince me on msn that the Senderos tackle was a penalty. I think my responce was something along the lines of, "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA"...yup, that was it.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking Gooners . Viera's Dive was pathetic . We had 3 blatant penalties turned down . Lehmans push on Defoe , Kick on Kanoute and the handball

Fine for Lehmann and Cole's handballing/ball-to-hand, but Senderos didn't really do anything wrong. Speaking of which, Senderos didn't impress me at the beginning of the season, but now he seems very good.

:huh: ...he didn't play at the beginning of the season. The Lehmann thing, while wrong, was damn funny. I was surprised nothing was given, but oh well.

And the Ashley Cole hand-ball was ball-to-hand because the only way he could really have prevented it from hitting his arm was if he didn't have a bloody arm! Keane would never have got the ball anyway, and it was going out anyway, so really it's a moot point.

Guest Ringmaster

Fucking Gooners . Viera's Dive was pathetic . We had 3 blatant penalties turned down . Lehmans push on Defoe , Kick on Kanoute and the handball

Fine for Lehmann and Cole's handballing/ball-to-hand, but Senderos didn't really do anything wrong. Speaking of which, Senderos didn't impress me at the beginning of the season, but now he seems very good.

:lol: Its as if mentioning the 2-2 hurts us.

Yah, the little fact that we won the league at White Hart Lane will be with us (and Yiddo's) forever. That's something Tottenham fans will never forget me-thinks.

I read on goal.com that we are going to sign Morgan de Sanctis in the summer from Udinese for €10m.

I haven't seen him in real life, I have only seen hin on FM, and he is brilliant on that. Anyone seen him in real life before? Is €10m too much for him?

Wenger's Henry fear

Arsenal chief Arsene Wenger is pessimistic about the chances of star striker Thierry Henry being fit to take his place in the FA Cup final with Manchester United.

The French flyer damaged a groin earlier in April and has been absent from The Gunners' last three matches.

Henry has no possibility of making the trip to West Brom on Monday and Wenger feels the chances of him returning in time for the trip to Cardiff on May 21 are slim.

"At the moment I would say there is more chance he will not appear in the final than appear," Wenger told the club's website.

Midfielder Fredrik Ljungberg joined Henry in the treatment room last week and Wenger is refusing to set a date for the Swede's return.

"Both of them are working very hard on their fitness and are coming along slowly," added Wenger. "They are still out for West Brom and it is difficult to make any prediction about when they will be back.

"It could be the whole of the season but I just don't know at the moment."

Wenger sees Becks appeal

Arsene Wenger has admitted he would enter the race for David Beckham if the England captain decided to quit Real Madrid.

Beckham has been the subject of widespread media attention in recent weeks, with talk of unrest in his private life leading to suggestions that he will return to England in the summer.

The 29-year-old has reaffirmed his commitment to Los Merengues in recent days and is unlikely to quit Real for England in the summer, but Gunners chief Wenger is certainly keeping one eye on the soap opera in the Spanish capital.

"We will have some money to spend in the summer and if there was a chance to sign David Beckham, we would look at it," Wenger is quoted as saying in the News of the World.

"If the situation arises that it is possible, why not?"

A number of Wenger's squad have been linked with moves away from Highbury in the summer, including Patrick Vieira and Jose Reyes, but it would appear as if the latter is determined to forge a career in London.

Reyes was rumoured to be homesick earlier in the season, but the speedy Spaniard claims he is ready to fight for his future at Arsenal.

"I now know I have to be tough and show the fans how a Spaniard fights," said the 21-year-old. "Yes I did find football too physical when I first came here and it was hard to adapt.

"But I have learned a lot and I am not afraid of the bruises.

"I am not afraid of anyone and if they want to fight me on the pitch I will fight back."

If Wenger signs Beckham, I'll shoot him...then Beckham...then his wife.

Seriously though, we don't need him and isn't good enough to get into our first-team so he'd be a waste of money.

Surely Beckham wouldn't be a waste of money, as his merchandising potential virtually nullifies the transfer fees?

On that alone, I suppose you're right. But in the here-and-now (the time we did buy him say) we could've used the £15m+ to buy two other quality players, or someone like Shaun Wright-Phillips, so for the season that we bought him, it'd be a waste of money. Come the end of the second season, we'd have made our money back I guess.

There's no point in buying a player just to sell shirts or just make your money back. As Wenger has said, Arsenal have money to spend, why not just buy a good player who can play for Arsenal?

It's not so much that Beckham is a waste of money (and I can't be convince he isn't), it's mainly that he's getting on in age, isn't that good and wouldn't fit in. One last thing on buying players to cash in on merchandise - I'm sure Wenger learnt his lesson with Junichi "the t-shirt" Inamoto.