Arsenal Thread

TMM

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

A quality match for the unbiased football fan, really showed how close these two teams can be, shame we couldn't hold onto the league and get the win. Surprised Almunia got the chance over Lehmann but it seems Wenger is fixed on using Almunia for the time being, and he didn't make any grave mistakes.

Some terrible defending from set pieces though, I don't know how it can be solved though, I mean who is the weak link? fuck Zonal marking.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry was paid by Roman 'I cant spell his second name'. Okay maybe he wasn't paid, but it seemed like it. What a stunning game from the guy and when he missed that I was just shocked more than ever. He still had one heck off a game though and I loved how he was celebrating when he scored.

Fabregas is one heck off a passer. I'll admit I'm not a fan off him for some reason, but damn he is awesome at passing. Pires had another great game for me too, I still say he's underated by so many people too. I think Arsenal could have won it to be honest but fair dues to Chelsea, they did there job.

...Probably the only match of the season thus far I have been cheering for Arsenal.

That said, I still don't agree with they're second goal as given the circumstances with the referee and the Pires dive that led to it, it should never had counted. Still I think both teams should be proud of a draw whereas Arsenal were slightly better, Chelsea dropping points is a good thing for the whole table.

So many ifs and buts in that game. I didn't think that free kick goal should have stood. Something needs to be done really about referees, I mean he was stood waiting to blow his whistle, then changed his mind and let Henry take it early. What are Chelsea meant to do? I can't believe Henry missed that chance either, so unlike him. Although Lampard had a header early in the second half in acres of space and he should've done more with that too.

In the end it was a fair result I think. Definately opens up the top of the table a little bit more. Man U can go within 2 points of Arsenal tomorrow. I'm guessing they will. It's a funny sight to see Arsenal and ManU sitting 3rd and 4th while Everton are above them.

Wenger fined over Ruud outburst

Arsenal's Arsene Wenger has been fined £15,000 and "severely reprimanded" by the Football Association for comments about Ruud van Nistelrooy.

He was found guilty of an improper conduct charge for accusing the Manchester United player of 'cheating'.

The Gunners manager denied the charge, but told Arsenal's official website he would not appeal against the decision.

"Now is the time to move on. We have an important match coming up and all my thoughts are focused on that," he said.

Wenger was not present for the hearing in central London, but was punished in his absence, with the FA also warning him as to his future conduct.

The controversy arose from Wenger's television comments after Arsenal's 2-0 defeat in October at Old Trafford.

He said of the Dutchman: "We all know him, he can only cheat people."

Wenger's initial comments were made in the heat of the moment on television in the aftermath of a title clash that his side had lost 2-0, ending their record 49-game unbeaten league run.

Wenger was also investigated by the FA over comments he made about referee Mike Riley's decision to award the penalty.

The FA also looked into reports that food was thrown at United manager Alex Ferguson in the tunnel after the game.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Doesn't bother me to be honest, its just a shame that a manager can get punished for voicing his opinion though, happens all the time, I liked it when Keegan had an outburst at a referee and said 'I'll probably be fined but I don't care' thats a good attitude to take.

According to the ever so accurate tabloid, 'The Sun' Ashley Cole is being linked with Barca and Real, won't happen at all, he won't leave Arsenal especially to go to a country thats given him such a pleasant welcome, Wenger recognises the talent and would never let him go.

I can understand the interest though, he's better than Carlos, but then again so is Gael Clichy.

The FA dish out that as if it'll really bother Arsene Wenger. I'm sure a man on his wages won't lose any sleep for the loss of £15,000. Wenger wasn't even there so it's taken none of his time up either (I do think if the FA are going to punish people they should come up with things that might have some kind of impact).

I agree managers should be able to speak their minds, if you think somebody is a cheat you think somebody is a cheat - sure there may be better ways to go about that than to say it to everybody, but in the heat of the moment what's wrong with having an opinion.

I must say the Ashley Cole story is one of the funnier stories The Sun have come up with recently.

Something that's been on my mind though; it doesn't look like Clichy will break into the team any time soon with Cole at left back and Reyes at left midfield. For how long do you think he'll be content to fight it out just to sit on the bench?

Guest UmpireAJS

Sneijder is good, Cole SHOULD be kept. I don't like Clichy that much, so he can go on a loan, or he can stay. Doesn't matter- although It think he can improve a lot.

I agree managers should be able to speak their minds, if you think somebody is a cheat you think somebody is a cheat - sure there may be better ways to go about that than to say it to everybody, but in the heat of the moment what's wrong with having an opinion.

Ashley Cole and Clichy aren't better then Roberto Carlos.

Clichy should either be loaned out or they should sell him because Clichy has the potential to be a really good player but Cole is still young and he won't go away soon.

I heard Arsenal has been linked with Wesley Sneijder  :huh:

The fact that RVN is a cheat really hurt his case.

About Cole being better than Roberto Carlos...you seriously believe Carlos is better? He simply isn't. He's not the player he once was and, to be perfectly honest, Cole is one of the best left-backs in the world. He is ALMOST a perfect player for his position, but he needs to improve his defensive qualities a tad more, but he's still a better defender than Carlos ever was.