Arsenal Thread

TMM

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally wouldn't want us to sign another old goalkeeper at the moment. I think it'd be best for us to look for somebody with a lot of years ahead of them, otherwise we'll have to go through the same new-goalkeeper dilemma in a year or two.

I personally wouldn't want us to sign another old goalkeeper at the moment. I think it'd be best for us to look for somebody with a lot of years ahead of them, otherwise we'll have to go through the same new-goalkeeper dilemma in a year or two.

Robert Green sounds like the man at the moment he is young and has his whole football career ahead of him, also Paul Smith the guy who played for Southampton pulled off some top draw saves he played better in that game than Lehmann and Almunia have played together all season

Edited by fineintent

I used to watch Paul Smith almost every week when he was at Brentford, he's a good young goalkeeper but he's not at the level that Arsenal need yet, they need someone proven at the top level. Though our budget might not be there at the moment, I think Arsenal should start to accept that like with forwards (Jose Reyes, who cost anywhere between £10m and £20m from what I read at the time between tabloids), a good goalkeeper is going to cost a lot of money but would be a sound investment. Ditto with a defender.

Add to the fact that they've lost for the second time this season just makes for very frustrated ladydav.

Third. ManU, Liverpool and now Bolton.

Well played to Bolton, they outplayed the champions. Now I'm just hoping we can see Chelsea mess up so the title race becomes more interesting between the top 3.

Draws do major damage to your lead if those behind you win, they don't HAVE to lose.

The one player I feel Arsenal are missing most at the moment is Gilberto. Ok, Fabregas is a very good player for his age, but he is still only 17, and his main strength is his passing ability, we need someone who can track back and make a vital tackle, something Vieira should be doing, but this season hasn't looked as though he wants to.

I'd stick Lehmann back in goal, because despite his eratic qualitys, he is still a good keeper, he just needs to realise that there is a time and a place for everything. I think it's a bad idea to keep changing keepers during a season, as the defence is always going to be edgy if they don't know whats behind them.

We also need a decent central defender, someone who is reliable, but at the same time doesn't mind sitting on the bench.

Hopefully, Bergkamp can get some magic back, Gilberto recovers from his injury soon, and Edu, Lauren and Campbell all sign new contracts, so we can get some much need stability back in the squad.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I really want to like Almunia, he could be a good keeper one day, but I don't wanna risk letting in stupid goals due to him gaining experience. I feel quite sorry for Lehmann and feel he's been treated somewhat badly, he's the type of player that gets pissed off easily, so he's gotta feel like shit for being dropped.

There was no immediate need to change him anyway, it wasn't bad keeping that led to Mellors goal, the media have made it more of an issue than it is though.

I'd still like someone new though, but I can't see us signing anyone else in this window.

So it's been revealed in today's papers Arsenal will be wearing an all claret shirt next season. All I can say is surely there's a better way to cash-in on our last season at Highbury than forcing fans to buy another new (and in my opinion not very nice) shirt. It's modelled on a kit first seen at Highbury in 1913, and it will only be worm for one season to celebrate the roots of the club.

item1.jpg

There it is. I'm not sure I have to say. Especially since we just got a new kit this season, and after this one-off kit there'll probably be another new one to celebrate going back to red and white.

I'm hoping thats just a real bad photo, I knew about this kit being made and expected something pretty shitty, but yeah, I'll need a proper view or something.

It's going to have to have 02 and Nike on it still though, so it can't look that old, claret sucks, its basically dull red.

Arsenal were formed in 1886, so they've already passed 100 years, this is due to them leaving their current ground Highbury, its a nice idea, I'll buy it, I just hope it isn't shit.

The kit is claret.

Apparently we're calling it red-current. Or something. I'll buy it. Doesn't look that good to me, but I'll grow to like it. That always happens.

I was just going to post this, but it already has.

Anyway, it looks weird, and it is going to take some time to get used to. Hopefully we have the old badge on it instead of the new one.

So, the chant next years will be "COME ON YOU PLUMS!" Instead of Come on you Reds.