Arsenal Thread

TMM

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to take some positive from it Senderos could do with a few games to get back into his form of last season. Playing alongside Sol will do him some good.

Cole, Campbell, Senderos and Lauren won't be a bad back four for us. If the midfield protect them a bit better things might start to pick up. That and if we stop playing 4-5-1. Genuine enquiry, how many goals have we scored in the games we've played that formation? Whenever we play it we look dead up front.

Edited by supergrass

Apparently we have signed that Diaby guy. Might be a good signing but we need someone who is older than 20 for fuck sake.

We need Graveson. Gilberto isn't the playing very well and Graveson would suit Fabregas more as he will get stuck in and not pussy out.

Anyone else love Flamini at the moment? He is one player that is doing so well because he never gives up, we need more players like him.

Edited by Gooner27

Guest muddatrucker27

I don't believe any speculation until its final, because it just frustrates me these days, Man Utd are hot on the tail of Gravesen, I'd rather take Diop or some other big bastard.

I've been quite impressed by Flamini. One thing I did notice just after half-time at Wigan was him taking some time to talk to a couple of the younger players and giving them some pointers. Would have been nice to see Gilberto doing that. Not that anybody had a great game against either Doncaster or Wigan, but Gilberto might get my vote for our worst captain, stand-in or not. Small games maybe, but the thought of captaining Arsenal doesn't seem to do anything for him.

I wouldn't fancy Gravesen to be honest. Isn't he just as old as Vieira was but...well, not as good? We could do with a few good 24-27 year olds who can play now and remain on top for a good few years. Some of the players we get linked with in the papers is quite depressing (a lot of little or no-name players), I'd rather we signed nobody now.

More speculation about Ashley Cole today too, apparently he still wants out. If that's the case, and with no direct quotes in the paper it could be that it's not true, we should ship him out to the highest bidder and get Clichy fit and playing. One thing we hopefully learned from Vieira is having a player who doesn't want to play for the club does us no good.

Edited by supergrass

Guest muddatrucker

I recognise the name, but ask matty_20_uk, he knows about this stuff, I've heard rumours at other forums that he's a club scout, I've also heard rumours that in his spare time he rights New York bestsellers.

Reports are linking up with Adebayor of Monaco now. I watched a football show on Sky at the beggining of the season and one of the main parts of the show was about him and Togo's World Cup hopes.

Hes a decent players and has differant skills to what are current crop of stars have, one being that he can actually header the ball. Hes fallen out of favour at Monaco because he persistently didnt turn up for training.

Guest muddatrucker

I know we were trailing him at the start of the season, I haven't see him at all, but I've heard he's alright and fairly tall and I'd pretty much take anyone.

Maybe even Thierry Cygan.