Arsenal Thread

TMM

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7-0 :D

Why the fuck we leave to now to start whooping ass I'll never know. Hopefully we can keep this kind of good form for the rest of the season, and take it into the champions league aswell.

1...2..3..4..5..6..7!

Lucky number 7, well not for Steve Mclaren. Cant wait to see MOTD tonight.

Im happy for Senderos and Hleb scoring. Pires, its nice to see him add to his goal tally because he has no way near scored enogh this season. Gilberto as well adding to his goals tally and Henry getting a hat trick, absoloutley fabulous.

Guest muddatrucker

I went last year for the 5-3 comeback which was superb, my brother was there today and had spare tickets but my mum sold me out and told him I was broke, I went back to uni today too, but that could of been put off.

Its a good game to go to, nice revenge for earlier in the season too, can't wait for MOTD.

Guest muddatrucker

Wow, some really good goals there, good set pieces and some good headers, up until the double save at the end I wondered whether Lehmann was playing too.

Return of Cole, although there probably wasn't any trouble for him Djourou seemed to of played well in defence even though he's a DM, I mean if Cygan (a DC playing LB) comes off for his LB replacement, surely you'd think he'd be slotted into central defence and the DM would come off.

I don't think we should get too excited about this, but there was some good play there, some excellent skill for Henry too, that lay off dummy to Reyes was beautiful, Reyes is playing well too, I loved his pass for Henry's 3rd.

Just my thoughts on Walcott, as it appears he's a lock to sign.

While I believe he will be class, I just feel that it's another example of Wenger spending money on a youngster who is years off his prime, rather than buying a bonafide, pedigree CM. Will he have money in the summer after this?

Theo Walcott (16) has today signed for Arsenal from Championship side Southampton for an initial fee of £5 million which could rise to a maximum of £12 million.

The highly rated youngster has initially joined the Club as a scholar and will turn professional on his 17th birthday on March 16th 2006.

England Youth International Walcott, became the youngest player ever to represent the Southampton first team, coming on as a substitute in the first league match of this season against Wolves, aged just 16 years and 143 days.

Theo, who can play either as a forward or an attacking midfielder, made 13 appearances (scoring five goals) for Southampton this season and also broke into the England under-17 squad one year above his age group, scoring five goals from nine appearances in the 2004/05 season.

Manager Arsène Wenger said: “Theo Walcott is a very young player, but has already shown in his performances for Southampton that he is a talented player with huge potential. I also like the fact that he is a versatile player who is incredibly dedicated, shows great determination to succeed and is blessed with electric pace. We are delighted Theo has signed for the Club and will make a fantastic addition to our squad.”

Theo Walcott said: “I’m so pleased to be joining Arsenal, a club I have admired for a long time. Coming to Arsenal will give me the opportunity to work with world class players every day and play football at the highest possible level. It’s a strange day, because I’m also very sad to be moving from Southampton. I’m leaving many friends and some great coaches who have been so important to my career so far, but I leave with many great memories from the club. I’m now really looking forward to meeting my new team mates and working hard as an Arsenal player.”

Walcott is yet to play in the Premiership, but was involved in two FA Youth Cup ties against Arsenal in recent seasons. He was on the bench as a 14 year-old when the two teams met in January 2004, and scored the only goal when the teams met in Southampton in February last season.

Theo will immediately join up with his new team mates and will wear the Arsenal number 32 shirt this season.