Arsenal Thread

TMM

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest muddatrucker

:lol: Oh well, you have to laugh, its a cup that we never take seriously and I like seeing some of the youth team get some action and usually get fairly far.

The only problem I see from this is people seeing it as another loss, whilst I don't see it as much of a big deal.

Reports in Spain are suggesting that Henry has decided to join Barca at the end of the season, this whole situation bores me.

:lol: Oh well, you have to laugh, its a cup that we never take seriously and I like seeing some of the youth team get some action and usually get fairly far.

The only problem I see from this is people seeing it as another loss, whilst I don't see it as much of a big deal.

Reports in Spain are suggesting that Henry has decided to join Barca at the end of the season, this whole situation bores me.

It's really weird, but it's true. When Roberts scored my brother got pissed and threw something, whereas I just sorta laughed. Yeah it would've been nice to go to another final, but I've never cared about this cup, so this doesn't mean much to me.

I want Wigan to win it now, would sum up a great year for them.

The game was frustrating in that we should have won. I'm not overly bothered that we won't make it to the final of the cup, though it is annoying that a lot of first-teamers were played and now for nothing.

What got on my nerves most was Reyes. Something has got to be done about his diving. There were a number of times, particularly towards the end when he could have had a clear shot or passed to someone in a good position. Instead he falls over, clearly under no challenge, and gives the ball away. He's been doing it more and more and has passed the levels Pires reached in the past, I can't stand it.

It's really weird, but it's true. When Roberts scored my brother got pissed and threw something, whereas I just sorta laughed. Yeah it would've been nice to go to another final, but I've never cared about this cup, so this doesn't mean much to me.

I want Wigan to win it now, would sum up a great year for them.

So no trophies this year?

The game was frustrating in that we should have won. I'm not overly bothered that we won't make it to the final of the cup, though it is annoying that a lot of first-teamers were played and now for nothing.

What got on my nerves most was Reyes. Something has got to be done about his diving. There were a number of times, particularly towards the end when he could have had a clear shot or passed to someone in a good position. Instead he falls over, clearly under no challenge, and gives the ball away. He's been doing it more and more and has passed the levels Pires reached in the past, I can't stand it.

Yeah, that was really pissing me off. Thing is, Reyes does get targetted a hell of a lot by opposition players, but he's started falling all over the place for the hell of it now. When we first signed him I heared one of his best points was that he stays on his feet and 'never' dives. Well, yeah, he's one of the worst in the country for it at the moment (alongwith Ronaldo).

Yeah, that was really pissing me off. Thing is, Reyes does get targetted a hell of a lot by opposition players, but he's started falling all over the place for the hell of it now. When we first signed him I heared one of his best points was that he stays on his feet and 'never' dives. Well, yeah, he's one of the worst in the country for it at the moment (alongwith Ronaldo).

Edited by supergrass

The chances we could've had if Reyes passed or even shot instead of playing for a foul or a penalty every chance he seemed to have, we may have scored another goal. That or evil Mr. Pollitt would've saved them again, but I digress.

On a more positive note (I was blinded by my need to complain about Reyes earlier) I thought I should also point out Bergkamp's influence tonight. I didn't think we'd missed him until watching him tonight, he still picks up the ball in great positions and linked the midfield with attack well. It'll be good to have him back for the league and CL (for those CL games he can make at least).

Edited by supergrass

I still struggle to see positives.

If we had thrown all our kids out to let them have a go then fair enough, but this was something Wenger confessed to WANTING to win. He really wanted this, and look at how that all turned out. And who in that situation would take off Henry? It's not like we need to keep him for the league now....