Critique on Poster for Work. HELP PLEASE!

HarshMillennium

Hey everyone, in my work we are doing Learning At Work Week, and as part of the L&D Team I'll be helping run this. I made a poster on GIMP - first attempt. Can I get some feedback on this before I send it to my boss? Some critique or advice? I'm very new to design.

PosterDraft2.thumb.jpg.0226662da2a6a489d

Thanks!

I'm no designer, but I think there is possibly too much going on. I think the amount of different fonts/colours/italicised and bolded words is a bit over the top.

Also, the 'you' after 'If' shouldn't have a capital letter.

I'd argue the propaganda poster image is a bit overused, but it fits enough for what you want it to do.

• Thanks 1

I think to help the "too busy" item that Liam mentioned you could tweak it in a few small ways to improve the overall look and easy-ness on the eyes

• Slide the Hot Ideas and coffee cup art up a little
  • Move the main text up about half of how much you move the coffee cups
  • Shrink the Uncle Sam down in size just a hair or two
  • Move the bullet points over a few bumps

I think doing those would better spread out the white space ane make it easier on the eyes wothout sacrificing any pf the content. I like the poster and think it fits the event pretty well!

I am no designer but those are my two cents!

• Thanks 1

Dunno if you've already sent it in but...

You've got a bunch of blank space at the top so I'd move the cups and "Hot Ideas" up along with the paragraph below but leave a tad more space between the cups and paragraph than you already have.

I'd take that Uncle Sam in a bit on width. It looks a bit stretched and is close to the  bullet points.

If that "We want you" is part of the Uncle Sam graphic I'd erase it and remake it yourself with the text editor so you can play with the size separately from Uncle Sam.

55 minutes ago, =BK= said:

Dunno if you've already sent it in but...

You've got a bunch of blank space at the top so I'd move the cups and "Hot Ideas" up along with the paragraph below but leave a tad more space between the cups and paragraph than you already have.

I'd take that Uncle Sam in a bit on width. It looks a bit stretched and is close to the  bullet points.

If that "We want you" is part of the Uncle Sam graphic I'd erase it and remake it yourself with the text editor so you can play with the size separately from Uncle Sam.

I've cut the we want you part - was it to make it bigger or smaller?

Clean up the little bits of the old "We want you" around the new one and move the bullet points away from the edge just a small bit. and you'll be gold.

• Like 1

Just an update people - I made the changes and submitted it, along with two variations to the boss last week. They were pleased and should be getting used over the next few weeks until the learning at work week. Thanks for the help of appreciate it! 

• Thanks 1