What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Justice League: War

Really, really liked it. I'm going to be absolutely psyched about where they go from here, as it's going to get even better. There is some really great dialogue happening.

Also,

President: "Actually, do you guys have a name?"

Shazam: "Yeah, we're the Super Seven!"

:lol:

Mid-credit spoilers:

Can't wait for the war with Atlantis. Gonna' be bad ass.

Really, really liked it. I'm going to be absolutely psyched about where they go from here, as it's going to get even better. There is some really great dialogue happening.

Also,

Mid-credit spoilers:

I see Batman is in it but the last one I watched:

the Doom one from 2012, he walked away from the Justice League. WTF?

Also,

Mid-credit spoilers:

I see Batman is in it but the last one I watched:

the Doom one from 2012, he walked away from the Justice League. WTF?

It's not a continuation. This is the New 52, when DC decided to revamp their whole comic line-up because everything became so convoluted and messed up. The New 52 is wholly different, with Flashpoint Paradox (the movie before this and after Doom), which triggered the event that created the New 52 (or something like that).

You don't have to watch Flashpoint Paradox before watching this, they don't mention anything about it (or anything that transpired in any other DCAU film). It's basically a relaunch. I highly recommend watching Flashpoint Paradox in general, though, it's fucking awesome, and one of the best comic book films out there.

Also recommend watching this, it's great.

Another gem from JL: War:

Lantern (after getting the plan together and having the team assembled a la The Avengers): "Here we go, team, we got this!"

I thought it was great how they made fun of Avengers that way.

I went to see the National Theatre's production of Coriolanus last night with Tom Hiddleston in the lead role. It was really good, although I haven't read the play before so I had to give it my full attention throughout. Mark Gatiss is in it too as Menenius.

Also, has anyone been watching Vic & Bob's House of Fools? I loved the pilot so was quite disappointed with the second episode. Thankfully this weeks is probably the best so far. It's the closest series to Bottom I've seen, which is only a good thing.

However, best show on TV right now might be Philomena Cunk's moments in Screenwipe:

• Like 1