What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Has anyone seen Woo's A Better Tomorrow? It's awesome, a action movie with a great, great story.

This reminds me that I need to re-watch Woo's The Killer again. But A Better Tomorrow is added to the list.

• Like 1

Grand Budapest is pretty good. Even if I'm starting to get bored of Wes Andersons' style, the acting in his films is superb, and you can tell they'vre having the times of their lives. Ralph Fiennes, Adrien Brody & Willem Defoe are incredible.

• Like 1

So I watched both Rock of Ages and Pitch Perfect last night. Rock of Ages was pretty decent, though the story was mad slow at times (like seriously, why the fuck was Mary J. Blige in this? They probably could have gotten somebody else to do her singing parts), and I love Brittany Snow, but Pitch Perfect sucked. When they weren't singing I wanted to kill myself because the plotline was killing my brain cells.

It's probably because I'm dumb or something. But Rock of Ages had really fun music numbers as well as Tom Cruise being weird in a funny way at times and Alec Baldwin being a metalhead, which is the weirdest thing ever and I loved it. Plus Julianne Hough was smoking hot in it, so that helped :pervert:

Pitch Perfect just had some fun music numbers, but it felt fucking pretentious at times and I was so bored and irritated by everyone in it. Except Brittany Snow, of course. Brittany Snow :wub:

I dunno, I enjoyed Rock of Ages for what it was. I don't care for the original and went in with low expectations, so I walked away enjoying it well enough. I'm a sucker for the 80's rock stuff, though. Cruise looked to be having a great time, too. I dunno, I'd never say "you should watch this!" but I don't feel like I wasted my time with it. Maybe fans of Musicals in general could find plenty to fault, but I'm not really... so, yeah. Not too bad.