The Anime Thread

Ruki

I've been away so I've missed out on quite a bit of anime - especially as I've been consumed in reading the Hunger Games trilogy which I finished just last night.

I got two episodes of Another watched but still have one more to go to get me up to speed as I watched the episodes where they listen to the tape, go on the trip to the Shrine etc. It's all started taking a bit of a nastier twist. If there's one weird thing though it's that they're really good at just making it so obvious there is a death about to happen but still making me wince when it comes. The next episode looks killer (pun) and I can't wait to find out who is responsible.

Also with the spring season almost upon us I'll have to make a concerted effort to watch everything so I don't have loads to watch when they begin. Guilty Crown has baffled me but been enjoyable, Brave 10 is rather odd compared to what I hoped, Moretsu Pirates is the stand out show and I'm thinking of just dropping Rinne no Lagrange as I don't really care for it and it's more of a chore than enjoyment.

Can't wait for Fate/Zero to come back. Although I should have watched Fate/Stay night by now really.

All caught up on Another, who the fuck is it!? Mochizuki seems like the obvious choice now. I thought it was going to be the rep with the glasses but it's not him, obviously, as he's now dead. Surely it's only Mochizuki or Teshigawara who are popular and that are left? Although you'd imagine another massive swerveball coming in the final episode, but surely no way is it going to just be plain sailing but similarly it's not going to be someone who has barely been utilised.

I'm confused. Intrigued. And a little disgusted by what I just watched.

Mirai Nikki #23....

Well, that was interesting to say the least. A time traveler!? Crazy!

But....how the hell is Murmur going to become god? I don't see it :/

Also? Final Boss time, Yukkie!

How many more episodes? Because I can't see them dragging it out much longer.

Probably a maximum of 26? The average is usually around 23-26 or so for a two season show so about that I'd say.

You're near the end, definitely. :shifty:

Shall watch 23 when I get home and get a chance. I've been too busy catching up on Guilty Crown and Inu x Boku SS. Still got Gundam AGE, Brave 10 and Moretsu Pirates to catch up on as well.

All caught up on Another and read the manga so I know who it is and what happens in the final episode. Also caught up on Mirai Nikki but I'd read the manga a couple of months ago now so it's essentially just moving pictures to what I already knew. :)

I believe Mirai Nikki is 26 episodes.

I was spoiled that Yuno was a time traveler a little while ago, so I was kinda expecting this. But not so soon. I was guessing that we were gonna get a bit more of the last two diary owners (who aren't Yuki and Yuno) and then have a calm episode, one where Yuno goes crazy, final fight and maybe the last episode concluding things and hinting towards the future.

Since we still have three more to go, here's my guess. Spoilering it again, in case you don't want to entertain the possibility

Yuki kills Yuno, goes back in time, attempts to (possibly successfully does) save Yuno, the original version.

Side note: Yuki and Yuno really loved to waste time, didn't they? They knew they had like five days until the apocalypse and they dragged their feet doing anything.

I'm still trying to figure out Murmur's bet with Deus. My best guess would be ...

If Yuno wins (again), Murmur gets to be a god rather than Yuno getting a second try. Wonder what Deus bet. Though, if that's true, why would Murmur let Yuki in on what's happened in the previous world? You'd think that'd be counter-productive.

As for Another ...

My original guess for the dead classmate would have been the arty kid since he seems almost detached from the action at times, just hanging around places for no apparent reason (I'm thinking specifically about the art room stuff). However, Another is a show that loves to swerve me. So if I had to put my money on who it is, I'm say it's the main character himself. That phone call with his dad, the one where it cut out and implied he had lived in the town at one time, is a big tip-off. Plus, he basically set the whole thing in motion.

Although that doesn't quite explain why eye-patch girl didn't tell him if he actually is dead. If she can actually see the amount of life someone has, why wouldn't she have said anything to him earlier? Or to someone else? I remember a scene where she said he wasn't the dead one and that she knew this. If we're accepting that she really does have these powers, wouldn't she know?

Unless she's dead too. He did see her in the hallway of the hospital and she didn't remember him from then.

It's late and I can't remember names.

Edited by StevenRichardsRules

Mochizuki or something is the art kid, and he too is my main suspect because he's a pretty main character and has a lot of detachment like you said. Teshigawara - the jock - seems too much like comic relief for it to be him, and the rest are pretty minor that for it to be them would seem like a waste of the previous 11 episodes.

We'd know by now if Misaki spoke at normal speed instead of drawing everything out for dramatic effect. And yes, I figure her 'death seeing eye' is true as she used it on the old photo that Sakakibara showed her of his mother's - Ritsuko's - class. She just hadn't had a chance to tell Sakakibara yet, and until recently she had to act anonymous to everyone as if she didn't exist.

It's Monday, and that means we have a new episode of Mirai Nikki!

Mirai Nikki Episode 23:

-- So, Murmur is planning to usurp Deus. Also, what the fuck was the deal with the trumpet? Though, I guess it could be some clever commentary on the end of the world (Christianity: the Archangel Michael blows a trumpet to announce the end; though, in actuallity he uses a ram's horn, it's still the same concept)

-- And we see a totally fucked up city, along with Yukki and Yuno, who are apparently already flagged to die on July 28.

-- "Yukkii and Yuno become one. HAPPY END" In other words THEY FUCK. :shifty:

-- I liked "Yukki and Yuno come together. HAPPY END" more.

-- I wouldn't put it past Yuno to steal power, but how the hell do you steal running water?

-- She's bathing in an oil drum? :shifty:

-- Damn, I thought she'd chop that wood with an axe. It would suit her.

-- No, it's not over, Yukki. We have three episodes after this!

-- And the black balls continue to hover. Meanwhile, Yukki is properly paranoid.

-- Well, Yuno's being rather frank.

-- Why wouldn't he trust Yuno? They're only the last two standing in a game that's last man/person standing.

-- BAKA BOMB!

-- Bitch, he's 14! I'm sorry if he's not Don Juan.

-- I wonder how you could sleep at night, knowing Yuno's nearby...

-- I also don't think that'll work. Yuno probably has it in her diary "Yukki's awake, but pretending to sleep."

-- 7/26: NO SEX YET.

-- How to face Yuno: A small tactical nuclear weapon would probably be best.

-- 7/27: NO SEX TODAY.

-- Happy ending, eh? :perv:

-- 7/27 (editted) We might have sex today.

-- (dep voice) Don't worry Yuno, the love doctor is here.

-- Bow chicka bow wow.

-- This was better in the manga :shifty:

-- Much better :shifty: (hint: Yuno is stacked)

-- Come on Yukki, light up a cigarette and go raid the fridge. Time to watch Yuno.

-- Seriously, she sleeps on top fo an axe?!

-- Ok, so Yukki is either whipped already or too much of a pussy to kill Yuno. And if Yuno wants him to kill her...why not just kill her self.

-- :o The message!

-- AND YuNO GOES BAT SHIT!

-- What the hell indeed.

-- Their first arguement! They're like a married couple! ^_^

-- And now, what is Murmur up to?

-- Ah, It's a Wonderful Future Diary :shifty:

-- I guess this makes Yuno Mr. Potter :shifty:

-- Huh....well, this is interesting.

-- This is very ....Yuno killed Yukki :o (technically)

-- At least Yuno killing her (past) self didn't cause some kind of fucked up paradise. I just wonder if second Yuno was just as fucked in the head as first Yuno.

-- "Help Me" Well, it's a bit late for that!

-- o_O Pretty sure this is fucking with the past.

-- Or....not.

-- And now, Yuno's lost her major trump card, since Yukki sees her now as totally fucked up beyond redemption.

Slow pace, three episodes to go, so this should be an awesome confrontation.

I'm a bit late on this but Another was awesome.

Not sure why everyone is talking about another season though. It seems pretty obvious to me that the guy who stopped the disaster the first time was the one who killed Ritsuko or whatever her name was. Wasn't it?

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty good way to end an awesome series. I may have to read the manga.

Oh, and Ano Natsu was pretty good too. Except the continual screwing(-over) of Kanna.

Another - Episode 12 - Final

I thought the guy from 15 years ago stopped the disaster by killing that fella outside? Reiko was 18 months ago when she was initially killed by continued to live and therefore was the 'new' extra person? Either way the story has been told, there's no need to cheapen it with a sequel for the sake of it.

And if I hadn't went through the manga I imagine I would have spent the ending of the episode slapping myself in the forehead going "of course it was!" and cursing myself for missing it. I hate it when they show clips for earlier episodes as an essential "how could you even miss it, you idiot?" moment. Also I realised how badly the animation was in this series whenever someone ran anywhere, it looked ridiculous, the rest of the time it was fantastic though. Although I wonder if Misaki's voice actor was paid per word or something because of how little she said.

Also they killed Akazawa, I was really disappointed when I inadvertendtly spoiled that for myself. I thought there was going to be a love moment between her and Sakakibara as well when she died but alas no.

I've also finished watching Guilty Crown, I'm none the wiser to be hoenst. The good guys won though, which is always nice. I got the general jist of it but there was too much anime watching going on for me to fully digest what was happening.

Mirai Nikki - Episode 23

So there are two of them left. He can't bring anyone back. All his friends are dead. His parents are dead. Yuno is trying to get him to kill her and when he doesn't she ends up trying to kill him because he knows that she killed her past self and replaced herself so she could spend a little bit more time with Yukki. Sucks to be Yukki.

Probably wouldn't have happened in the first place if Yuno wasn't a deceitful, lying, evil bint and spat out the tablets in the suicide pact. Should have evaluated the outcomes first without being rash and deciding she knew better than Deus. Well done Yuno. Women, eh?

Edited by IAceI

Mirai Nikki, Episode 24:

-- And we get a flashback to where Yuno accidentially killed her parents and all the crazy shit she did.

-- So, Yuno was fucking batshit anyway.

-- Black balls of doom all over the place...

-- I still liked the old intro better.

-- She didn't LOSE him, she didn't swallow her damn cyanide!

-- She's GONE insane?! You're a bit late getting to the party, Yukki!

-- No, you're not like Yuno, Yukki. You're sane.

-- At least Yukki's not a quitter.

-- SAVED BY BATMAN

-- Or at least Ninth, somehow. Who can fly.

-- IT'S THE GODDAMN BATNINTH!

-- So Batninth has both her hands, but not her eye...:shifty:

-- And now, EXPOSISTION!

-- So they're in a version of the world that takes place after the second world was destroyed....

-- Yuno's adopted?!

-- Trust me lady, you'll know if Yuno hates you.

-- You're not a bad mother. YUNO is a bad mother!

-- Well, I don't how many parents cage up their kids.

-- Sixth!

-- And now Tenth...

-- Now you've gone and done it Yukki.

-- Seriously, what does he see in her?

-- They aren't your parents, Yukki! They're the other Yukki's!

-- Yes, like I just said, Ninth...

-- Short episode, but I suppose we'll get a Murmur stinger.

-- Murmur's Call-In Advice Center

-- And she gets Yuno's insane mom on the phone...

Well, two episodes left. Should be good.

In other news, I'm gearing up for the shows I'm planning to watch. Right now I'm working through Chaos;Head, so here's what else I'm thinking:

Guilty Crown (I planned on watching it this season, but things changed)

Special A

Cromartie High School

Durarara

More to come later, I guess.

Eh, why?

And oh yeah, I forgot about Nichijou being on the list!

While we're at it, let's take a look at what's coming up for the spring and summer Anime seasons, with stuff I plan on watching in bold, spoiler'd for size:

SPRING

Accel World

Airing from April 6th, for 24 episodes

(PV) (PV 2)

The "future teen" story of Accel World revolves around a bullied middle school boy named Haruyuki. One autumn day in 2046, he has an encounter with Kuroyukihime ("Snow Black"), the prettiest girl in his school, that changes his life. Through a mysterious piece of software from Kuroyukihime, Haruyuki learns of the existence of the virtual "Accel World." In that moment, the lowest of the "school caste" becomes "Burst Linker," a knight defending a princess.

Acchi Kocchi - (Place to place)

(PV)

Airing from the 5th of April

The girl in the midde is a Tsundere. The guy is Oblivious to Love. The other two are there to tease them. This is a Yonkoma Manga adaptation. Hilarity Ensues.

AKB0048

Airing from the 29th of April

An Anime First sci-fi series based on the Real Life idol group AKB48. In a World where fun has been outlawed, a group of rebellious girls reconstitute the legendary pop-group AKB 48 to fight oppression through song. Really.

Arashi no Yoru ni

Airing from the 4th of April

A story about a goat and a wolf who become friends in a stormy night, and how they overcome differences and hardships.

Beyblade Zero G

Airing from the 8th of April

A new entry in the Beyblade franchise. Details of the plot aren't known yet.

Eureka Seven AO

(PV)

Airing from the 12th of April

Sequel to Eureka Seven. The new protagonist is a boy named Ao, who "set 'destiny' in motion again when he held the 'power.'"

Fate/zero 2nd

Airing from April 7th, for 13 episodes

The second half of the Fate/zero anime adaptation, which premiered during the Fall 2011 season

Ginga e Kickoff!! - (Kickoff to the Galaxy!!)

Airing from April 7th

A soccer series. The protagonist is a boy who had belonged to a football club, which was dissolved due to the lack of members. He meets a professional player of the women's football league and decides to reorganize the club.

Haiyoru! Nyaruko-san!

Airing from the 9th of April

A "Love[craft] Comedy", with a Moe Anthropomorphic version of Nyarlathotep. It's based on a Light Novel series, and already got a flash animated short series a year ago.

Hiiro No Kakera - (Scarlet Fragment)

Airing from April 1st, with an early premiere on March 6th

(PV)

An Otome Game Visual Novel's adaptation. The protagonist is a teenage girl (Tamaki) who revisits a small village, she remembers from her childhood and gets caught up in her family's history and supernatural dangers surrounding it.

Hyouka

Airing from April 22rd, for 21 episodes.

(PV)

A Mystery Light Novel adaptation, about four members of a High School literature club (edit by Mick: ....the SOS Brigade? :shifty:)investigating a 33-year-old case. Done by Kyo Ani.

Jormungand

Airing from April 10th, for 12 episodes

Adapted from the manga by by Keitaro Takahashi about a young arms dealer and her team of bodyguards.

Kimi To Boku. 2

Airing from the 2nd of April, for 13 episodes

Second season of the Kimi To Boku manga adaptation.

Kore wa Zombie desu ka? Of The Dead - (Is This a Zombie? Of the Dead)

Airing from the 4th of April, for 10 episodes

Second season of of the fantasy comedy series about zombies, Necromancers, Magical Girls, vampires, and their various combinations.

Kuroko No Basuke - (Kuroko's Basketball)

Airing from April 7th

(PV)

A Sports manga adaptation, about a mysterious, infamously good middle-school basketball player, who, when he comes to High School, first appears to be a small, weak, and easy to miss boy.

Kuromajo-san ga Touru!!

Airing from April 4th

A children's novel adaptation, about an 11-year-old girl accidentally summoning a beautiful but ill-natured black witch, who forces her to undergo a training to become a witch. Hilarity Ensues.

Medaka Box

(PV)

Airing from April 4th

Medaka Box is a manga series by author Nisio Isin (of Bakemonogatari fame), adapted to anime by Gainax, about the paragon and all-around perfect student Medaka Kurokami, who is elected as the President of Hakoniwa Academy's student council by 98% of the student body. Possessed of a forceful personality, charisma, and incredible ability, she is accompanied by her loyal and snarky childhood friend Zenkichi Hitoyoshi, who has been at her side for over thirteen years.

Natsuiro Kiseki

Airing from April 5th, for 12 episodes

(PV)

A Schoolgirl Series, with characters based on the Real Life voice actress group, Sphere.

Nazo no Kanojo X - (Mysterious Girlfriend X)

Airing from April 7th, for 13 episodes

(PV)

Mikoto Urabe, an unusual girl with some awesome scissors, and Akira Tsubaki, have a special connection. They have the ability to share their emotions and physical conditions through saliva. Tsubaki is addicted to this, and must taste it everyday to avoid going into withdrawal. And that's just the start of the weirdness.

Ozuma

Airing from March 16th for 6 episodes

An anime original, set on a future Earth that has gone to ruins in a sea of sand. Based on an unpublished script from the 1980s, by Leiji Matsumoto (Space Pirate Captain Harlock, Space Battleship Yamato, Galaxy Express 999).

Pretty Rhythm Dear My Future

Airing from April 7th

Sequel to the video game-based series. Three years after the events of "Pretty Rhythm: Aurora Dream", a five-girl Korean idol unit appears as a rival group of the Prism Stars.

Queen's Blade: Rebellion

Airing from April 2nd for 12 episodes

After the 30th Queen's Blade, Claudette becomes the queen. At first, she governs the country well by abolishing the heavy taxes and the aristocracy. However, her reign turns into terrorism by power and the Queen's Blade is repealed. The Princess Knight of Rebellion, Annelotte organizes a rebel army and declares war against Claudette.

Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth

Airing from April 3rd

Adaption of a spinoff manga to Naruto. The plot focuses on Rock Lee and the rest of his teammates getting into various wacky situations.

Sakamichi No Apollon - (Kids on the Slope)

(PV)

Airing from the 12th of April for 11 episodes

A manga adaptation following Kaoru Nishimi, a boy who transfers to a new high school during the 1960s. While there, he meets a boy and makes friends with him, sharing an interest in jazz.

Saki Achiga-hen - '(Saki: episode of side-A)''

(PV)

Airing from April 8th

Adaptation of the original Saki story's spinoff manga, with a different cast from the main series.

Sankarea

((CM)

Airing from the 5th of April

A romantic comedy manga adaptation, about a Nightmare Fetishist boy, and the girl that he resurrected as a zombie.

Sengoku Collection

Airing from April 5th

It is based on a social networking card game for mobile phones. Players become one of the samurai commanders from the Sengoku era and compete for sealed cards of "God of War".

Shining Hearts Shiawase no Pan - (Shining Hearts: Bread of Happiness)

Airing from the 12th of April for 12 episodes

An adaptation of a PSP RPG.

A mysterious amnesiac girl named Kaguya gets washed ashore the island of Wyndaria after a great storm. She encounters Rick, a swordsman who wound up working at the island's bakery, and his co-workers, Nellis, Amyl, and Aerie. Together, they protect Wyndaria from pirates, and try to get back Kaguya's memories and lost emotions.

Shirokuma Cafe - (Polar Bear Café)

Airing from April 5th for 4 cours

A josei gag manga adaptation, about a polar bear who owns a café, and a panda who is a regular customer. Hilarity Ensues.

Tasogare Otome X Amnesia - (Dusk Maiden of Amnesia)

(PV)

Airing from April 8th, for 12 episodes

A tragedy/horror/supernatural/shounen/mystery/romance/ecchi manga adaptation, about a ghost in a school building, and the boy who discovered her, investigating the circumstances of her death together.

Tsuritama

(PV)

Airing from April 12th for 11 episodes

Yuki Sanada is a boy who cannot communicate with people well and doesn't have a single friend. One day, he meets a boy named Haru. Haru calls himself an alien who visited the Earth for fishing. Another high school boy, Natsuki, and a mysterious Indian, Akira, join the two and the island becomes the center of the event which determines the fate of the world.

Uchuu Kyoudai - (Space Brothers)

(PV)

Airing from April 1st

A manga adaptation, about two brothers, Mutta and Hibito, who made a vow as kids to travel to space. The younger brother Hibito did become an astronaut, but Mutta became a Salaryman. However, Mutta's life changes one fateful day.

Zetman

Airing from April 2nd, for 13 episodes

(PV)

Jin is a strange kid with an angel mark on his hand. He lives a poor but peaceful life with his grandfather, along with the other destitute and abandoned vagabonds near the river. One day, his peaceful life changes when a strange monster named "player" appears, chopping off heads and killing everyone who appears in front of it.

SUMMER:

Arcana Famiglia - An Otome Game adaptation about the eccentric members of a vigilante organization on a mediterrean island, and the Mafia Princess who just moved there.

Arve Rezzle - A sci-fi Light Novel series adaptation, In a World with Brain Uploading, about a boy who tries to save a girl who was lost in cyberspace.

Binbo-gami ga! - A comedy manga adaptation, produced with the director of Gintama, about a Rich Bitch who involuntarily absorbs other people's happiness energy to stay successful, and a poverty god who tries to take it away.

Blood Lad - Staz is the vampire boss of a section of the demon world, but he has little interest in human blood. He's more infatuated with Japanese culture. When he learns that Yanagi Fuyumi, a Japanese teenage girl, accidentally wanders into the demon city, he jumps to the occasion. However, the oblivious Fuyumi is killed by a monster and becomes a wandering ghost. Staz vows to her that he will find a way to bring Fuyumi back to life.

Dog Days 2 - Second Season

Hagure Yuusha No Estetica - The Hero defeats the Satan king in the fantasy world of Alleyzard and returns to the real world. He is sheltered by the international organization BABEL, which protects and controls people transferred from the outer worlds. BABEL is astonished to know Akatsuki has really defeated Satan and brings Satan's daughter from Alleyzard. In the academy of BABEL, Akatsuki confronts other "returners", who have psychic powers.

Kokoro Connect - A light novel adaptation, about five members of a high school's Culture Club, two boys and three girls, who get Freaky Friday Flipped with each other.

Jinrui Wa Suitai Shimashita - The story is set several centuries into the slow decline of mankind. Earth has now become the realm of 10-centimeter-tall fairies. The human protagonist of the story serves an important duty as the international arbitrator between the fairies and humans, and she returns to her former hometown of Kusunoki.

Kingdom - A Warring States historical action manga adaptation, about a young boy who grew into a great general, and all the trials and bloodshed that led him there.

Koi To Senkyo To Chocolate - (Love, Election, and Chocolate) - A Visual Novel adaptation about a boy named Yuuki who enters the Serious Business world of student politics in order to keep his and his friends' club from being disbanded for the sake of the school's budget. He finds romance along the way.

Kyoukai Senjou No Horizon 2 - (Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere 2) - Season two of a Fall 2011 Anime series.

Moyashimon Returns - Second season.

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse - Based on the Light Novel spinoff of the epic mecha/romance Visual Novel series, Muv-Luv.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous - A Josei manga adaptation, running in the noitaminA block, about a love triangle between a young man who works part time at a flower store, the widow who owns the store, and the ghost of her deceased husband.

Oda Nobuna No Yabou - A Sengoku love comedy. Sagara Yoshiharu is a 17-year-old high school boy. One day, he time-travels to the Sengoku period, where all the major Samurai lords are cute girls. Yoshiharu meets Oda Nobuna, the girl counterpart of Oda Nobunaga, and begins to serve her as a substitute of Kinoshita Tokichiro, who has been dead in the world.

Rinne no Lagrange 2 - The second half of the Winter 2012 Anime series

Sword Art Online - A genius programmer named Kazuto "Kirito" Kirigaya enters a MMO world called Sword Art Online. There is no escape from this world unless the player clears the game, but "game over" means the death of the player. Based on Light Novel series.

Tari Tari - Anime original story, from the creators of Hanasaku Iroha.

Utakoi - A historical romance story based on a manga, that is itself an unique interpretations of Japanese old poetry known as "Hyakunin Isshu" (The Hundred Poems).

Yuru Yuri ♪♪ - Those "♪♪" things are the new season's subtitle. If you liked the first series, you might wish to remember that ALT+Numpad1+Numpad3 is the necessary Cheat Code to call the next one by its proper name. Or you can just call it "Yuru Yuri 2", but where's the fun in that?

I dunno...I heard good things about it, but it just didn't do it for me. I can't remember any episode that I really enjoyed :/

And a lot of those series sound awesome. Bah, I need to quit my job and watch anime all day.

Another great episode!

Kinda weird when Ninth appeared. I am still VERY confused as to how Yuno got into the vault :/

Edit: Decided I am gonna watch Nichijou next...some nice and light hearted.

I looked through the spring series and not a great deal took my fancy - there was a couple I was thinking I'll give a try to but certainly not as much as I was hoping - sports anime leaves me twisting a little bit, can't imagine it's something I would enjoy. I'll see what gets good reviews but Fate/Stay Night will be my main series.

In reference to Guilty Crown, Mick, well - give it a go, it's got some really grandoise and epic moments, especially with the music and fight scenes and the like, and I did enjoy it to a degree but I felt rather confused by the end. Perhaps with all the anime I was watching I just got a bit jumbled, and watching it in quick succession will allow it to flow and make more sense but I came out of it quite confused.

I'll watch Mirai Nikki 24 later on when I get a chance.

And Ruki:

Which part confuses you? She got in the vault as she is Yuno and was one of only three people - along with her parents - who could enter the vault using the retinal eye scanner. She's travelled back in time but her DNA etc. will all be the same so she can enter her vault, well, I figure that's the reason?

Edited by IAceI

I looked through the spring series and not a great deal took my fancy - there was a couple I was thinking I'll give a try to but certainly not as much as I was hoping - sports anime leaves me twisting a little bit, can't imagine it's something I would enjoy. I'll see what gets good reviews but Fate/Stay Night will be my main series.

In reference to Guilty Crown, Mick, well - give it a go, it's got some really grandoise and epic moments, especially with the music and fight scenes and the like, and I did enjoy it to a degree but I felt rather confused by the end. Perhaps with all the anime I was watching I just got a bit jumbled, and watching it in quick succession will allow it to flow and make more sense but I came out of it quite confused.

And Ruki:

Which part confuses you? She got in the vault as she is Yuno and was one of only three people - along with her parents - who could enter the vault using the retinal eye scanner. She's travelled back in time but her DNA etc. will all be the same so she can enter her vault, well, I figure that's the reason?

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! I forgot...

...that her family + her were allowed in the fault.

And Ruki:

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! I forgot...

...that her family + her were allowed in the fault.

Yeah if you forget that part I can understand why it would be confusing...

:shifty:

Knocked out Chaos;Head, and while it was intriguing, I get the feeling it shouldn't have been an anime, and it's not because of the plot or anything. Twelve episodes really wasn't enough to do it justice, while 24-26 would've been overkill. Still, decent show, not as great as Steins;Gate.

Right now I'm focusing on Nichijou, three episodes in. I'm having a bit of difficulty getting into it, probably because it's been a while since I've watched any episodic anime versus something that's been on an arc.

Still trying to figure out some other things to watch.