The Anime Thread

Ruki

Super duper! I only watched it for the first time recently and really enjoyed it, as you watch it you understand how important it was for anime that came after it. Plus you can always sing along with Ed if worst comes to worst. I don't recommend trying to walk on your hands though.

The last two episodes I watched of it were on Cartoon Network. It was the same episode (The one with the chess guy) months apart. Weird.

I won't spoiler Accel World since I'm about a week late and not going to write too much.

I nearly fell for the heel turn until I realised it was probably too late in the program for it to work properly and didn't think they'd waste another episode on the bouncer section.

Onwards we go. Enjoyable fighting though, with, as always a boring moral. Who needs morals and ideals? Just fight!

My favorite current manga, Mysterious Girlfriend X, got an anime! But I hope to god the sound effects get toned down if it gets dubbed.

So, Accel World this week....

That was a little weird and creepy. I was feeling uneasy until the bathroom scene, then I felt uncomfortable. Do we really need hints of incest? It's bad enough we have the Parent/Child thing (aren't they supposed to be dating?!).

So, the Red King, a giant tank thing. Interesting.

Fate/Zero 21:

Goddamn, Kirei is a bastard. Kills Tokiomi, convinces Kariya to have Berserker pose as Rider and kidnap Irisveil...well played.

Fun note regarding Zouken and Kirei's next meeting from Fate/Stay Night:

Zouken has Caster's Assassin taken out, and uses it to summon 'True Assassin' (which is just one of the Hassan i Sabbah, as seen in Fate/Zero), and after Zouken kidnaps Ilya, Kirei and Shirou go to rescue her. True Assassin and Kirei have a showdown, and it ends with Kirei exorcising True Assassin to death. It was pretty awesome :shifty: .

Accel World Eight coming later, though every time I see Haru, I expect him to talk like Cartman.

So.... does Casshern Sins ever evolve past "Amnesiac who broods and punches things"?

Fate/Zero 21

See, we all knew Rider was incapable of such treachary. Berserker, on the other hand. Also I seem to recall the bike chase taking like four chapters in the novel so I'm so glad that was condensed down to a brief few minutes - Saber chases them, realises Iri isn't there, realises something is amiss, simple. It was also good to see more of Rider again, we all like Rider and we should be glad he is back.

Also making more of an appearance is Kariya, who shows some attitude and doesn't just wail and scream a lot. Until Aoi thinks he killed Tokiomi, and then he wails and screams a bit. And strangles her. And grunts erotically while straddling her. All the while Kirei and Archer sip some red win and talk nonsense. I get the feeling Archer doesn't like fun, unless it's complicated fun. The bore.

And Accel World

What the actual fuck? How creepy.

Fate/Zero 21

See, we all knew Rider was incapable of such treachary. Berserker, on the other hand. Also I seem to recall the bike chase taking like four chapters in the novel so I'm so glad that was condensed down to a brief few minutes - Saber chases them, realises Iri isn't there, realises something is amiss, simple. It was also good to see more of Rider again, we all like Rider and we should be glad he is back.

Also making more of an appearance is Kariya, who shows some attitude and doesn't just wail and scream a lot. Until Aoi thinks he killed Tokiomi, and then he wails and screams a bit. And strangles her. And grunts erotically while straddling her. All the while Kirei and Archer sip some red win and talk nonsense. I get the feeling Archer doesn't like fun, unless it's complicated fun. The bore.

And Accel World

What the actual fuck? How creepy.

On Fate

Archer's the King of Heroes. You've seen all the fucking toys he has. Just how is he supposed to have fun in this day and age?

The more I think about it, though, I'd like to see the Servants from Fate/Zero fight their counter-parts from Fate/Stay Night, excluding Saber for obvious reasons. The only Fate/Stay Night servant that could possibly outright win against their class from Fate/Zero would be Berserker. Lancer and Archer would be a push, with Zero's Rider, Caster and Assassin (all 18 of them :shifty:) cleaning house.

Damn, I miss Caster. "I SHALL GIVE YOU THE ULTIMATE 'COOL'!"

Ah no, I didn't realise it was out - I've feel behind a bit on anime lately, the nice weather has me going out, plus the seemingly impossible task of finding a decent file host to use is driving me insane.

About how long is it? I'll definitely get it, just a case of when I can get it watched.

Accel World, episode 9:

Cute episode. Not much action, but it was decent enough. Things hsould be a bit more action oriented next week.

Fate/Zero, episode 22:

End game is at full swing, with Iri becoming the Grail and Rider...riding off into battle. It's going to get crazier from here on out!

Mick are you still getting them from the message board you sent me a while back, and if so which host site are you finding the quickest to use - if any? All the main ones that seem to be being used on their are taking hours to download on my laptop.

Mick are you still getting them from the message board you sent me a while back, and if so which host site are you finding the quickest to use - if any? All the main ones that seem to be being used on their are taking hours to download on my laptop.

Haven't been using that board lately, largely because it seemed they were lacking updates. As much as I'd love to post where I'm getting them, I can't because of the board rules :shifty:

I gave up downloading them for now and used a website that just uploads them online, it'd be nice to have a nice collection of them all in the same quality but I can't be picky if I don't want to sit and wait for hours on end for a download.

As such I got a fair bit watched last night. Accel World, about four episodes of Space Brothers and even the very first episode ever of Digimon - entirely for a laugh, I actually think Digimon was quite well conceived and done, or at least when I used to watch the first series - but that's not why we're here.

Accel World

Episode 9

No spoilers as they're not necessary. A bit of backstory given to flesh things out, as is always needed in these episodes, so we sacrificed a bit of action for a bit of dialogue. I'm a little worried that it may go all a little 'cutesy and fun' now with the set up arrangements, and hope that was more a one off and a bit of the 'seriousness' soon returns. I gave up on Moretsu Pirates because after the first five episodes it was set up to be phenomenal, and then it just came all a bit too nice, fluffy and cute, felt like I was lure in and ripped off. :shifty:

Space Brothers

Episodes 7, 8, 9 and 10

I think they're the ones I watched anyways. Regardless.. it is awesome! Truly a great anime and if anything a little bit inspiring. I know there's someone else in here watching it with me and they will no doubt vouch for how super duper this has been. Everyone get to it!

Still have Gundam AGE to slog through soon as well.

Has anyone checked the summer listings? I had a look and couldn't really see anything I was interested in, annoying as summer is supposed to be the strongest term for anime - or so I always read. It's a shame we haven't really had that Code Geass like anime come along and blow us away, or at least it's a shame for me. I know anime like that is few and far between but it just seems it's been a bit lacklustre lately. Fate/Zero has been my favourite anime (I think, at least off the top of my head) in the last year or so but as that's part of a bigger franchise - even though I haven't seen it - you sort of knew it would be good.

May catch up on the likes of Jormungand or something in summer if there isn't really a great variety worth watching.