Doctor Who

Benji

• 2 weeks later...

So there are many rumors floating about that three tons of BBC footage (click carrying) has been found in Africa.

There might be a selection of speculative reports on this the most coming from BleedingCool.com which im linking below so yeah supposably 90 missing Doctor Who episodes found in these three tons the rest being episodes they already have and episodes for other series (Dad's Army to name one) but the thing I find that takes the piss, if this is legit they were found in September/October 2011, they found Air Lock (Galaxy 4) and episode 2 of Underwater Menace in December 2011 so either the BBC is milking this or (if this is true) the found episodes are not as many as believed and dont include episodes for these stories.

Or this is just bullshit to fuck with the fans on the 50th anniversary.

Sources

- Will Doctor Who Have A Very Special Surprise For Us In November?

- More On Those Missing Doctor Who Episodes Or Less

- The Doctor Who Missing Episodes Rumour Gains A Little More Weight. Three Tons Worth

- Doctor Who Lost Episodes Surprise Twist

- BBC Officially Responds To Bleeding Cool Over Doctor Who Rumours

Edited by TheWho87

I liked Donna, possibly more than any other New Who companion actually (bar maybe Rory, or Wilf if he counts but he probably doesn't). Partly because sh doesn't come over all goggle eyed for the Doctor and they're simply mates and partly because Catherine Tate proved quite a lot of naysayers wrong about that time by proving herself as a very good actress. She really helps sell the scene at the madjusa cascade for me, something which in every other way seemed to be let down, with the delivery of her "but you never give up" line. There's a mixture of anger and being abolustely crushed by the friend that she's believed in so much being flappable and its a shame that its not something that's made more of in the episode and instead they whizz off to the next thing. She's also in the superb Turn Left which might be one of the best episodes of Who. Certainly the best 'non-Doctor' (as it were) episodes of New Who (and most of the Old Who episode that didn't feature the Doctor tend to be rather dull affairs). It probably helps that she's got the tightest character arc of any of the companions. And there's something very astute in the way her life goes in the End of Time and the acknowledgement that she's just settling for what she has. There's some real cynicism in that double parter anyway but to have a fantasy show about a character who constantly runs from things despite being impossibly old and to have another character who can't live that life anymore (and doesn't even know its an option) simply settle for her lot in life is something that feels quite dark to me.

In fact I entirely wish it could have been her that came back for the 50th instead of Rose, even though I understand why they chose Rose. I think a Donna/Eleven interaction would have been pretty grand.

I think the reason I pick Turn Left over Blink is mostly because I rewatched Blink once and didn't get much out of it (it wasn't my choice to watch it the second time) where as I've rewatched Turn Left a couple of times and still found it to be really enjoyable. And I enjoyed both on their first watch so yeah.

I'd agree that a season for a companion (besides changing Doctors) is probably the ideal length. But other than Rose I suppose its really only the Ponds that have more than one season (and soon Clara).

So their is a statement from the guy reported to have found those episodes and it doesnt look good.

A BRIEF STATEMENT .

T.I.E.A DOES NOT HOLD ANY MISSING EPISODES OF THE LONG RUNNING DR WHO SERIES. THE ORIGINAL VIDEO TAPES WERE WIPED SUBSEQUENT FILM COPIES WERE EITHER RETURNED TO THE BBC AND SENT TO LANDFILL ODD FRAGMENTS HAVE SURFACED TWO EPISODES ON 16MM FILM BUT THATS IT. THE PROGRAMMES IN QUESTION LIKE MANY OTHERS WERE DESTROYED AS THEY HAD NO FURTHER COMMERCIAL VALUE .THEY ARE NOT MISSING BUT DESTROYED THE END.I am sorry if this upsets some people but these are the facts.I have also become aware of the tracking of some of our clients shipments these are local cultural materials sent to us for migration to a modern format as the playback equipment in the country of origin no longer exists and as such is the best road to preserve international cultural heritage .I will be making no more statements on this subject.Philip MORRIS Executive director T.i.e.a

So thats the end of that speculation.

Source Doctor Who Episodes – “THEY ARE NOT MISSING BUT DESTROYED THE END”

most of the Old Who episode that didn't feature the Doctor tend to be rather dull affairs.

There was only one story where the Doctor (or any of the regular cast) was not included and thats Mission to the Unknown, besides that to use any single episode from the classic series where the Doctor was not in (mostly due to the actor going on holiday or being ill) did not really effect the overal story besides writing him out for a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

It's probably just to do with the monthly Dr. Who eBooks. They've done one a month, usually focusing on a different Doctor each time, though with it being an official BBC trailer...one can hope.

John Hurt spoiler;

The costume designer's notes state that Hurt comes between the 8th and 9th Doctor, which was what I think most people had assumed. This on-screen shot seems to show him wearing a variation of McGann's outfit, but with Ecclestone's leather jacket over it;

uktv-doctor-who-50th-anniversary-filming

• 3 weeks later...

The "12th Doctor" will be revealed at 7pm on Sunday.

Official: BBC To Reveal New Doctor Who In Live Broadcast This Sunday – UPDATED

Posted on August 1, 2013 by Craig Skinner

On the BBC at 7pm this Sunday night we will finally find out who will play the twelfth doctor, in a live show hosted by Zoe Ball. For our American readers who might want to ensure they’re near a computer at that time that’s 7pm UK time, which is 11am PDT and 2pm EDT.

Matt Smith and Steven Moffat will join Ball on the show with the man or woman who will be playing the new Doctor.

Casting was supposedly done under the code name Whodini and even those working with the twelfth doctor were not aware that that was what they were doing.

The BBC One schedule for this Sunday currently has an episode of Celebrity Mastermind scheduled for that time. I presume that’s getting bumped for this special.

Rule #1 about Moffat: Moffat Lies. I can see some way they'll work around this.

Best odds are currently for Peter Capaldi, though reasonable odds on a returning David Tennant, and for Idris Elba.

Idris Elba would be fantastic, though personally I've got my fingers crossed for Stephen Mangan.

It will most likely be a relative unknown, though, as it should be.

The fact that they're going to reveal the next Doctor on a live show suggests to me it may be an actor who is a big name, or at least well-known, which would tie in with the recent rumours that it's Peter Capaldi or Idris Elba. Whoever is revealed on Sunday, I can't wait