F1 2013

EddieG

The only F1 game I liked was I think the first one to be released on the original Playstation.

Even though I am utterly shite at driving games, I had so much fun with that one. Every F1 game after that, that I played, I'd go off the corners no matter how many of the driving aids I had on. :(

The only F1 game I liked was I think the first one to be released on the original Playstation.

Even though I am utterly shite at driving games, I had so much fun with that one. Every F1 game after that, that I played, I'd go off the corners no matter how many of the driving aids I had on. :(

The reason you go off the corners might be because you aren't braking (enough) before going into the corners. The best mantra is ''Slow in, Fast out'', brake strongly and roll through the corner and then slam on the gas.

And pretty much never start hitting the gas when you are in the corner, that's a one way ticket into the gravel trap/grass/barrier.

And besides, you know who also goes off every corner and still is succesfull? Romain Grosjean, so I am sure whatever happens you are going to be alright Wabbitman.

• Like 1

I love the F1 games. Have bought every one since and done a full season at 50% on each of them. Did 2 seasons in 2012 for some reason. It helps I have a $500 driving setup for it.

Posts like this make me wish I had a desk to go and retreive the G25 out of Mothballs to race properly again.

I did when 2010 came out but found myself constantly tinkering with the setups and trying to be best in the world at Montreal than going through career mode.

Am I the only one who's looking at the Classic mode as a possible letdown? Only having three cars for the 1980s and 2 cars for the 1990s with four circuits is hardly scratching the surface of a "game mode", it just seems like a little extra thing added on. The idea itself would be really good if done properly, although I'm guessing licencing issues are preventing that from ever happening.