Destiny

Dan

I haven't really had a chance to really bump the difficulty up on the end game as some of my party are further behind, but crucible marks certainly seem easier to earn than vanguard ones.

Have you found any purple gear yet? I have had zero drops from strikes since putting them on heroic.

Drops. We've been grinding The Nexsus strike mission - you get almost to the end and there are like, 12 Goblins that you kill then suicide on - rinse and repeat.

It's so random too, I got the Legendary off a blue drop and a the Exotic off a Legendary drop but I've more often than not gotten blues off the very rare Legendary drops. Dear lord.

My patience with this game is running kind of thin - yeah, the idea of no matchmaking on the raid is fucking stupid, I can barely get five people together and last night we added some moron that we met playing Destiny and he was so intolerable I had to leave. Not to mention that everytime we almost finished the first part of the raid someone dropped connection. Different people with different good connections in different areas. It was intolerable.

So yeah - after thinking over last night I think I'll give Destiny a few more days and see what happens from there. If end game is just going to end up being a bunch of us bickering, fighting and wasting 3 hours of our life doing things because one of us insists that doing a higher level raid is worth it - when I know for a fact that the 3 hours we spent on one... I could've ended up getting the same stuff from doing MORE easier missions in 20 minute spurts each... I think I'm going to want out and want out while I can still get a decent amount of cash for it all. It's just a darn shame because I see so much potential here, but the way that things are implemented and the problems that we are having keeping the team members IN a game just don't make it worth it.

A friend was telling me "end game is the same as Borderlands" but at least Borderlands took longer to get there, the different classes were ACTUALLY different enough to matter and... well come to think of it the end game really doesn't match up either. Meh.

It's an MMO with a 10 year development plan, there's probably never going to be a true "ending" whereas borderlands had a very clear point where it's campaign ended. Cash out now and come back later if it's bothering you. From what I've heard, WOW was fairly barebones when it started out.

The game is catching an unbelievable amount of shit, because people can't seem to grasp that this is a new IP that plans to be around for awhile.

• Like 1

And? You're obviously playing it quite a bit, you can't expect Bungie to be matching the amount of content in the game to how much you decide to play in the first week. And an arguement could be made that they did anticipate that, hence the full PvP suite you can play endlessly.

One week in and they already added new content that you've yet to beat, and you seem to be complaining that they haven't made that content easier for you to beat by giving it matchmaking.

Your opinions are swinging from one side to the other more wildly than they usually do.

Oh, you mean how I was enjoying the game right up until the point when I realized that the end game wasn't my thing and the content that they added (which was a type that will change weekly, it's still going to be the same thing with a different coat of paint on it) wasn't really what I was expecting - which in the end caused me to change my opinion?

I think that's unheard of!