Destiny

Dan

• 1 year later...
59 minutes ago, Apsham said:

Hey so. The second one is out.

And it's really good.

And really shitty with what's unfortunately becoming standard practice: trying to force as many people as possible (who have already bought your game at at least £55-80) into microtransactions and loot box bullshit.

But except that's not it at all - you can get literally anything you could get from microtransactions by just leveling up after you hit level 20, and you get the Bright Engrams that you would purchase with the Silver. It's actually better than D1 where you HAD to buy Silver things. And anything that you'd get with Silver then was just cosmetic in the first place.

You can't even buy shaders directly with money as a guarantee - you can do it with dust, sure but even then it's a couple selections a week. Once you hit level 20 the amount of shaders that you receive from chests and other activities is huge and I don't really see a point in shadering anything unless it's end game stuff anyways. It's hardly a money grab at all and an issue with people's patience. 

Hardly "loot box bullshit".

They've already commented on it - you can't even get them all from the Bright Engrams, you get them planet specific in chests that you find around the areas for example. Regardless you still get free Bright Engrams just by playing the game. If people are impatient and can't wait, they'll buy Silver and try for more but it's hardly a guarantee anyways. I don't see the issue with Destiny - a game that you buy once and put a shit ton of time into (past buying expansions, which are fairly spaced apart and I think - a fair price for the content and work they put in) saying 'hey, if you want to do this and give us extra money - go ahead, but you don't have to in the least because we're going to give it to you anyways' when it's not COD literally saying "hey, give us money and your stuff will be better than everyone elses". I haven't paid a cent yet and I have a fuck ton of shaders.

Luke Smith's comment on it is something I agree on for the most part - once you get late in the game, all you have left to do is grind things mindlessly - having small goals like shaders will likely keep me going in that aspect if I start to care enough.

Shaders are earned through gameplay: leveling, chests, engrams, vendors. We expect you’ll be flush w/ Shaders as you continue to play. When you reach level 20, Shaders will drop more often: vendor rewards, destination play and endgame activities. Shaders are now an ongoing reward for playing. Customization will inspire gameplay. Each planet has unique armor and Shader rewards. With D2, we want statements like "I want to run the Raid, Trials, or go back to Titan to get more of its Shader" to be possible.

The shader thing annoys me more because they've changed how they work from the first game specifically to try and eke some extra cash out of us. I won't bite, and it's really the only complaint I have about a game that has seemingly fixed everything that made me leave the first game before the first expansion came out. Trouble is I know look like some mismatched spastic scarecrow because I hoard all my shades for fear of wasting them on something I'm going to have made obsolete in 10 minute's time. 

Did two of the 'trials' in the raid last night. The part with the dogs is going to be terribly, terribly hard for anyone without a full fireteam that they can trust. The first trial we were hoping to 5-man as well but it almost assuredly needs 6 people to do - I think the days of 2-3 manning raids is done with for the most part.

I've yet to level up high enough to do the raid. To be honest I don't think I'll have a crew to raid with. I've done almost everything bar a few campaign missions solo so far. My flatmate takes it all far too seriously for me to really join his lot and the only other friend I was playing with has just switched over to PS4.