Destiny

Dan

Is this fun to play solo? I don't really like teaming up with people.

To get the most out of it, you really should be playing with other people. Only reason it's lasting for me right now is pretty much because I have a group of 3-5 who are almost always on when I am.

We've tried the final boss of the raid three times now and going to try again tonight (but I wanna watch the PPV, mumble) and it all comes down to everyone doing their shit EXACTLY RIGHT and we keep getting guys disconnecting that messes up our rhythm.

Because any of us could get killed at any point if we aren't in the right place at the right time. Three of us get teleported away to another dimension where one of them has to pick up and item and the others have to kill things that will instantly wreck everyone if they don't. I think there's around seven of them. That's while the three others are outside where the fight began, trying to open up the portal to bring them back. Then once they're back we have 30 seconds where we can deal the only real significant damage that we can do to the boss to him - all the while being harassed by the same, suiciding flyers that were bugging us while we were trying to open the portal up (these can kill you in one explosion and 3-4 come in a wave at a time). Then we have to time it perfectly right for everyone to jump off the area that we go to, without messing up a jump or going in the wrong direction because the same people who have been practicing to go to the other side NEED to go, and he takes the three furthest from him.

We've managed to do this perfectly twice in a row before something has messed up in the rhythm and it takes at least 5 maybe 6. We have to do it within 8 minutes or his rage mode toggles and he becomes pretty much unkillable.

I am speechless.

We tried again tonight. Almost four hours of absolute hell. All the guys who were dropping out called their internet provider, ran through buff routers and one of them even went over to one of the other's apartments to play just so we could get through this. It worked for a while and then people started dropping. And then the enemies started lagging, and sometimes they ended up behind us. Sometimes the boss ended up shooting through the shield that we had put up somehow and sometimes it was just blind luck or a bad call that put us down, but the people dropping out would stagger us as well because we'd be a man down for two runs and that makes it damn near impossible again.

We finally had him down and one of the guys drops, and we run it perfectly again somehow and manage to kill the boss just as we THINK he gets in. He ended up getting nothing, not even the achievement.

Us? We got a shader. A white shader for our armour and three materials. That's it. No raid gear, no engrams, nothing else.

God. Dammit.

Yeah, loot system is dreadful. It's like that across the board too, in PvP I've been the top player with most kills and gotten nothing, whilst the guy with like 15 deaths and 2 kills gets a Legendary. It's ridiculous, there's no profit to being good at the game. It actually makes more sense to just grind at Treasure Cove for hours at a time if you want better gear. But then the question arises - wait, if I don't get any good gear from the high level stuff... why am I bothering to grind good enough gear to WIN the high level stuff, when there's no reward to doing it?

Missions

Reduced drop rate of engrams following a hard wipe [fixed in 1.0.1.4]

Queen's Wrath Event

Material rewards for dismantling Queen's Wrath gear will no longer provide ascendant materials, but missions will continue to drop Legendary items

World

The Hive of the holy “Treasure Cave” have realized the futility of their endless assault on Skywatch and have retired to lick their wounds and plan their next attack.

Respawn timers for monster caves in Skywatch have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 6)

Respawn timers for monster caves in Forgotten Shore have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)

Respawn timers for monster caves in Ember Caves have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)

Respawn timers for monster caves in the Shattered Coast have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)

Respawn timers for monster caves in the Barrens have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 20)

New patch up and... they've removed the farming cave and essentially taken away the need for anyone with proper armor to do the Queen's Bounties since dismantling the armor that was already probably as good as yours was great for the Shards that were unpredictable to come by otherwise. So damn... nerfing the spawn timers for most monster caves is kind of sad too when you consider the "Kill X number of mooks" bounties they have.

They mention in the notes that they want to work on this, that and the other thing but everything done here essentially hampers the player from playing the game the way they want to and instead focuses on Bungie screaming "NO NO NO! PLAY THE GAME I WANT YOU TO!" and if they keep that up I think it's going to alienate some players.

Yeah, I feel exactly that way. I haven't got a group to do strikes with - matchmaking is terrible and I seem to win 20-0 in half the crucible matches, then 0-20 in matches against people with better gear than me. (as in, gear with benefits like "explode enemies on headshot"). So farming mobs, which has been a staple of just about every RPG since forever, was the best way for me to get slightly better loot.

I'm not sure what's more ridiculous, that they nerfed this or the people that were complaining about it ruining the game, when they could always just... not do it.

I've mostly lost interest in the game all together, this doesn't really help...