iDOL's Custom Sports Logos

IDOL

So I really want to increase my logo portfolio and improve at hand drawing in illustrator and I've always loved Sports logos. I figure this is a good way to get some practice. So if you are in a fantasy league, play a sports sim, or whatever... and you would like a custom team logo feel free to request it here. I won't make any promises on speediness as I will be hand drawing each of these and the then working on them in illustrator. If you would like to request one just fill out the info below:

City/State/Province:

Mascot (ex. Bears, Spirits, etc)

Team Colors:

Design Notes:

FINISHED LOGOS:

West Chester Wombats #1

West Chester Wombats #2

Suh Girls, One Cup

Would you be up for a wrestling request?

The promotion is called Celtic Wrestling and I was looking for something that crosses over with Irish, Scottish and Welsh cultures.

What I was thinking was to have the Scottish lion and Welsh dragon with them holding onto a celtic harp (think the Guinness logo) in a round shield with some celtic patterns on it with one of those crest scrolls at the bottom with "Celtic Wrestling" on it.

As for colours red for the lion and dragon, gold for the harp and the shield white and green but not a bright green, think more a Boston Celtics type of green.

City/State/Province: West Chester

Mascot (ex. Bears, Spirits, etc) Wombats

Team Colors: Violet and gold

Design Notes: I'd like the logo to have an old fashioned look to it. The idea is it's an early 1900's baseball team. As a reference...

Chicago_Cubs.jpg

I'd kind of like something like this. Maybe a "W" and "C" with a wombat somehow incorporated in that. If you need more info let me know.

And thanks. :)

iDOL have you been to http://boards.sportslogos.net ? Best sports logos/uniform forum on the net. Very talent work there. I highly suggest joining and working on some of your stuff there. It is a great resource. I have always wanted to master Illustrator for the sports logos reason myself, I also have a fascination and admiration for them. Perhaps this will inspire me to get over that vicious Adobe learning curve!

Mascot (ex. Bears, Spirits, etc): Suh Girls, One Cup

Team Colors: Lions colors?

Design Notes: For my fantasy league.

I suggest following Fraser Davison's tutorials where he vectorizes and "logo-fies" Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. Also, here is where he works on Front Facial Profiles and Side Facial Profiles. I know the videos go fast, but I believe there are image tutorials hiding somewhere on the web.

Anyway, this is the image I'd like you to attempt:

suh.jpg

Maybe use the Lions font too if you can find it?

Good luck!

EDIT: Also you can use http://www.ssur.org/ as a valuable resource. Provides Pantone colors for each sports team according to the years they used it. Very important to get the correct shades of color.

Edited by OGpistolpete

Can you throw together an official EWB Fantasy Football League logo? Someone orange-y, with footballs! And then could you do a variant of it for the tenth year, something silver-y with an X!

I don't need this for any reason at all, just testing you out I guess, as I'm a fan of sports logos too. I'm going to give you a lot of creative freedom here.

I know Los Angeles doesn't have an American Football team, so imagine there is going to be a new start-up.

For arguments sake, let's say the team will be called Los Angeles Dynamos (the football/soccer team I played for as a kid were called the Dynamos, and our kit was white with a blue & red diagonal stripe). So use that as a basis unless you can think of a better name/team colours!

For the sake of giving you practice - and a lot of work with drafting tools - time for some fictional fun.

Albuquerque, NM

Reaction

Black, red, yellow

This is for FastBreak 2013, just so you know how to scale it. Anyway, it should be a 16-pointed star (not like the New Mexico flag, just a geometric star with 16 ponts) with all three colors involved as an outer star and two inset stars. Black should be on the outer part, yellow is the middle part, and red is in the center. The word "Reaction" should be above this, centered, in red and yellow. The word "Albuquerque" should be in an arc above the word "Reaction" in smaller font with the same colors. A red and yellow basketball is behind the star, with the outer circle touching the points of the star - or maybe outset just a little bit.

Thanks.

City/State/Province: West Chester

Mascot (ex. Bears, Spirits, etc) Wombats

Team Colors: Violet and gold

Design Notes: I'd like the logo to have an old fashioned look to it. The idea is it's an early 1900's baseball team. As a reference...

Chicago_Cubs.jpg

I'd kind of like something like this. Maybe a "W" and "C" with a wombat somehow incorporated in that. If you need more info let me know.

And thanks. :)

Tried an older style as well as a more modern take with the lettering.

WC_Wombats1_zpsd9ef4ae2.jpgWC_Wombats2_zpscfbafe78.jpg

wombats_1_zpsa98ad63b.png

wombats_2_zpsb2c7a5c8.png

• Like 1

iDOL have you been to http://boards.sportslogos.net ? Best sports logos/uniform forum on the net. Very talent work there. I highly suggest joining and working on some of your stuff there. It is a great resource. I have always wanted to master Illustrator for the sports logos reason myself, I also have a fascination and admiration for them. Perhaps this will inspire me to get over that vicious Adobe learning curve!

Mascot (ex. Bears, Spirits, etc): Suh Girls, One Cup

Team Colors: Lions colors?

Design Notes: For my fantasy league.

I suggest following Fraser Davison's tutorials where he vectorizes and "logo-fies" Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. Also, here is where he works on Front Facial Profiles and Side Facial Profiles. I know the videos go fast, but I believe there are image tutorials hiding somewhere on the web.

Anyway, this is the image I'd like you to attempt:

suh.jpg

Maybe use the Lions font too if you can find it?

Good luck!

EDIT: Also you can use http://www.ssur.org/ as a valuable resource. Provides Pantone colors for each sports team according to the years they used it. Very important to get the correct shades of color.

suhcups_zpsd6e940c7.jpg

Suh-Girls_zps47019102.png

• Like 2

Trying out a logo. No worries on getting it soon, just take your time.

Mascot (ex. Bears, Spirits, etc) Steen Bay Packers

Team Colors: Err, green and yellow.

Design Notes: For my fantasy league

If you could include this image, that would be just fantastic.

kevin_steen_zoo_enthusiast_by_mintymoog-

Thanks in advance.