Batman: The Animated Series

Monkey D. Lars

So, I've seen a lot of these episodes in my youth and decided to rewatch them all, but I came across the problem that is, WHAT IS THE DAMN ORDER? Air date? or Production code?

The problem with production code is that Robin is gone after episode 2 for awhile and with air dates that some 2 parters are spread apart like weeks. So, anyone?

I also hope this is as good as I remember!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XJ3HJXxDwc

I don't know in this case, but in other series it's fairly common for production codes to be aired out of order, typically because they've changed their minds on something. As a rule I would always go with air dates.

Not that it's hugely likely to matter with a cartoon series, but eh...

• Like 1

Oh it matters. If you watch it by production date like the DVDs want you to then Robin is going back and forth between kid and full grown adult who can look Batman in the eyes. Watch by air-date.

• Like 1

Batman TAS totally holds up. It's great. I've got a Vol 1 and 2 of the show on DVD and Mask of the Phantasm. It's not really something that needs to be watched in order though.

• Like 1

I really wish BTAS was on Netflix. It's almost painful that Batman Beyond is, but BTAS isn't.

It is. At least on my Netflix. Only Season 1, though, so I had to download the rest.

Lovely show, honestly. As a kid, I always pushed it to the side in favor of X-Men and Spider-Man: TAS, but I've really come to appreciate it lately. The writing is magnificent, of course you've got the voices of Batman and Joker, Harley and Poison Ivy being awesome, etc.

A few of the big voice actors(Mark Hamill,Kevin Conroy and Arleen Sorkin)have done Fatman on Batman episodes you should listen to if you're a fan of the voice acting. Tara Strong does an episode too and it's the best even if most of it isn't spent on her being Batgirl in TAS.

After rewatching Heart of Ice it didn't live up to what I remembered. In my brain I had actually combined every Freeze story into one episode, and was disappointed that it was so short. Freeze definitely has an amazing arc though. So far Joker's Favor is my favorite episode in my rewatching. He reaches a level of evil that I can only describe as original