Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (Consoles)

ZJ Penn

Also used some kind of contract with a friend now if we're in a group and both equip the same ring we have a 10% exp bonus. And somehow I ended up with the Imperial edition so I had 1 extra race and I can use every class/race with every faction.

I wasn't able to get on last night - damn update started out slow, went quickly to 80 percent and then started going really slow again. The weighting on the percentages was messed up and made me think there was hope. It installed over night though so now I just have to sit through work and try to decide what I want my character to be.

Hooray for having no willpower at all!

Decided to trade in some stuff I never play to pick this up. Ending up paying less than £30 for the crowns edition, with enough coins/whatever to upgrade.

I figured that was reasonable, considering how much play time I'll get from it. People are saying how massive it is and, all being well, it'll be my last PS4 purchase for a while anyway.

Popped home on my way back to work to start the install, though I'd be surprised if it's even half way done when I get home :( .

I hope it's worth waiting around 26 hours to play it!

From what I've read, I get the feeling that this time next week I'll still be around level 8 with a ridiculous amount of hours wasted getting distracted by various bits of exploration. It will be glorious.

My only concern is the voice chat. I imagine it will be flooded, like most console voice-inclusive games, with static and random background kids/shouting.

Equally, with it being the only form of communication, I'm going to want to have it switched on.

Bunch of guys I work with are playing this on XB1. thinking about getting one now to play with them

Ended up getting to level 6 last night - I had a period where the servers were being fixed where I couldn't play but everything was smoother after that point.

I went with a wood elf archer which is very stereotypical for a first playthrough for me, in the Dominion but I do plan on having one character each in an alliance.

Couple of questions for those more knowledgeable than I (I haven't played much Elder Scrolls in the past).

I'm a sorcerer, can I still heal or melee dps effectively if I choose the right skills? I get that my "class" skills will all be sorcerer dps ones, but if I wanted to switch out and heal say, a five man dungeon, could I?

I guess I could use a bit of an explanation as to how the whole stat/ability system works in general.

Is there any downside to wearing heavy armor as a Sorcerer? I've got some green legs that are way better than my trash light ones - any downside to equipping?

You get different bonuses for what you're wearing, light armour is magic based and heavy is stamina based. The boost is amplified based on how much you wear of each. I try and wear a mixture of light for the boosts and heavy for the protection, with a couple of medium so you level that skill line up too.

You can switch to pretty much any style as long as you're willing to put the time in amd level everything up and seek out enough skill points. That should get you through most solo content and basic group stuff but obviously a dedicated sorcerer with traits and equipment to match is going to outperform a jack of all trades one in PVP and higher level dungeons.

So basically, I can level up whatever I want, as many professions as I want (skill points allowing), join as many guilds as I want etc etc, but ultimately at end game I'll need to do the normal MMO thing and take most of the stuff relevant to my class?

That makes sense, much obliged sir.

I've been playing all evening and I've run into no connection problems at all. Had the odd stutter in Daggerfall but I'd guess that's just because it's so packed with people.

I'm a level 6 Breton Sorcerer at the minute. I always tend to pick a human-type character in MMOs and I figured everyone was going Imperial. Started with the Daggerfall Covenant (no idea why). Anyhow, loving it. The freedom to basically do whatever you want is great. It's the first MMO for a long time where I'm actually reading/listening to quests, and not just rushing to level.

I did the starting area (Stros M'Kai?) and I've just headed back to Daggerfall and joined all the guilds and that good stuff. Man, this one is gonna be a time killer.