2016/2017 Hockey Thread

SeanDMan

Tough to feel good about the Preds' chances of coming back to win this but then again they're a much better home team than road.  If they drop one of these home games they're pretty much cooked.

But if they hold serve and get to game 5 tied 2-2, this could be a crapshoot.

3 hours ago, Meacon said:

They've outplayed the Pens in both games. I fully expect Nashville to win the next two games.

I expect them to win one there, but the Pens always bounce back after a loss, and the scary thing for the Preds is that they still haven't seen the Penguins best game yet. If they turn it up like they did in sone games of the previous three rounds, Nashville ain't coming back.

59 minutes ago, damshow said:

I think the Pens winning games in which they are not the better team pretty much seals the deal. This ends in 5 or 6, probably 6 since the Penguins never lift the Cup at home.

That's my guess, Pens in six, with a split coming in Nashville, and then them dropping game 5 at home and winning 6 on the road, same as last year's run. Really wish they'd be able to win the cup at home, but oh well, as long as they win I'm not being picky.

One game, wasn't expecting a 3-0 lead, thankfully Pittsburgh always bounces back after a tough loss, and Murray has yet to lose two in a row in the playoffs. 

I'll be worried if Nashville gets the next one, but for now, I'm sticking with Pens winning game 4 and then the cup in 6.

Ok, now I'm worried, wtf Pens? They're barely challenging Rinne, he had some good saves today, but only what, 25 shots? Glad the next one isn't until Thursday, they seriously need to figure something out.

Pittsburgh doesn't seem to have an answer for the Preds right now. Nashville has been aggressive with their play and it seems to have The Pens on their back foot. I don't agree that they haven't tested Rinne as honestly he had a horseshoe up his ass tonight because it could have easily been a much closer game with some of those scoring chances.

8 hours ago, Hewey said:

Ok, now I'm worried, wtf Pens? They're barely challenging Rinne, he had some good saves today, but only what, 25 shots? Glad the next one isn't until Thursday, they seriously need to figure something out.

They only had twelve shots in a game they won. Despite the two wins, they've played like crap. Nashville could very easily win the next two games and end this.