Ridiculous skill

MDK

4 hours ago, Chris2K said:

I haven't watched the video for a while, but as it's Baddiel and Skinner in the 90s I apologise if there's anything in there that doesn't come across well in 2020.

Any excuse to post the actor Kevin Eldon playing Peter Beardsley, for which I make no apologies.

20 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I could post all the Dennis Bergkamp videos available on YouTube but instead I’ll only post this one.

We Arsenal fans were royally spoilt by him.

I was never an Arsenal fan, but I loved watching Bergkamp. You never knew when he would sprinkle some magic in, even when he was getting on in years. I watched Arteta for similar reasons, but he could never exceed the bar set by Bergkamp.

Speaking of Le Tissier, I'm pretty sure if he came along today he would be ineligible to play for England due to the 5-years schooling Home Nations rule. Or he has English family and it's a non-issue. It's a shame he was never motivated to play better overall, his ball control and spacial awareness was world class. Some of those goals look like he's trying stuff for fun. I would have enjoyed seeing him play more for England.

Not sure if this is a commonly known thing, but Copa90 have a series dedicated to showcasing random displays of sliced gold.

As for my personal favourite for most technically masterful? The perfect blend of power, precision and could probably play anywhere on the park. He seems to have a control over the ball at 100mph even after it leaves his foot. Childhood idol and it has never changed. Watching this now was mindblowing all over again. Jorge Albertz, Didi Hamann and others were players I admired for their immense power, especially for free kicks, but Roberto Carlos is the first I saw so crazy things like this.