Lost

Ananas

On Wednesday ABC rolled out its new drama Lost, the story of a group of people who survive a plane crash. I for one had the same level of cynicism that I practise with all ABC shows, but this one is different. It has a cinematic level of 24-like coolness, only a much more solid cast (Matthew Fox, Emilie de Ravin, Harold Perrineau Jr, Dominic Monaghan, Ian Somerhalder, Daniel Dae Kim). I thought that the Pilot was fantastic, and very timely as the current (and embarassingly mediocre) version of Survivor transpires. So did anyone else catch this masterpiece? For those interested, it's on Wednesdays at 8pm.

When I first saw previews for the show, I wanted to watch it. But the I saw it was going up against Smallville. And nothing will take me away from my Smallville, so unfortunately no Lost for me unless there will be encore episodes, or I'll catch the reruns.

only a much more solid cast (Matthew Fox, Emilie de Ravin, Harold Perrineau Jr, Dominic Monaghan, Ian Somerhalder, Daniel Dae Kim).

Oh my god, Beatnik likes a former Angel cast-member. Armageddon~!

No, seriously, I watched bits and pieces of it. I was busy watching Smallville, but I've heard it's a good show. My parents watched it and said it was a good show. I only tuned in because I heard David Fury is a writer on the show.

Anyways, I might catch it next-week. We'll see.

Guest Ringmaster

I'll watch Smallville at 7 and Lost at 8. Problem solved. Lost so far looks cool, but I really question the premise of the show. They won't be able to keep me entertained for many seasons, even though that's what they plan on doing. Im interested in what's going to happen.

****SPOILERS****

The writers have said that the thing attacking everyone on the island is a 100% NOT dinosaurs. My personal belief is that it could be UFOs.

***SPOILERS***

Edited by Ringmaster

i saw about half the show, which i enjoyed very much. I personally think that whatever attacked them had to be a dinosour, i mean it sounded like one and everything. The previews of the show look real good, so im excited about the show.

Guest Ringmaster

I've already downloaded the entire pilot (so next weeks episode, too) and the "twist" if you want to call it that is certainly interesting.

Solid show so far. Of course, once it gets farther into its run it'll be easier to judge.

:huh:

Guess we became more lax in terms of downloading eh?

I wanted to catch the pilot but I missed it because I honestly forgot. I just hope it stays interesting and doesn't turn into a Survivor knockoff or something stupid like that realy crappy show on syndication: The Lost World.

I would have watched it if I remembered, but I have a problem with the whole crash scene. In the commercial they show the plane breaking into two pieces. I honestly don't believe there would be that many survivors if that happened. Conventional wisdom would have them being sucked out due to a jet-like rush of air.

I didn't catch Lost. I was watching something else Wednesday night. Law and Order, I think, if Lost was on at 9 or 10 pm. But...only one woman in the cast?! Is she at least fairly hot?

I've already downloaded the entire pilot (so next weeks episode, too) and the "twist" if you want to call it that is certainly interesting.

Solid show so far. Of course, once it gets farther into its run it'll be easier to judge.

:huh:

Guess we became more lax in terms of downloading eh?

I wanted to catch the pilot but I missed it because I honestly forgot. I just hope it stays interesting and doesn't turn into a Survivor knockoff or something stupid like that realy crappy show on syndication: The Lost World.

Edited by GhostMachine

Guest Ringmaster

I didn't catch Lost. I was watching something else Wednesday night. Law and Order, I think, if Lost was on at 9 or 10 pm. But...only one woman in the cast?! Is she at least fairly hot?

Edited by Ringmaster

There isnt just one girl, there's a few. It's just that the action focused on one main girl.

My main beef, however, is that this must be the plane ride from heaven: No old people. no annoying kids, and a fair amount of knowledgeable/hot people. I wish all planes were like that. Well there is one kid, but he seems supersmart.

Ditto what J-Dubb said.

I've gotten so busy this year, that Smallville is literally the only thing I sit down for an hour to watch. Even though I was very interested and drawn in to the trailers, I probably won't get a chance to watch Lost. :(

And yes, Jenson Ackles is teh suck(no Pete for this?), and yes, the Season Premiere, sans Lois, was very dissappointing.

Edited by thuganomic

• 2 weeks later...

i did not like episode 3, it was just like nothing happent, wen you only got 13 episodes you should get a little more going in the first episodes and save the silent times for later on wen the characters and story actualy developed so much that the viewer can get an idea of what the people are thinking without them telling all the time :-/

The show already is on german TV btw. - the first episode aired last wensday without german subtitles and fully in english, european premiere, even before the UK got it, same will happen with "DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES" (whatever that is), someone move The Shield and 24 to ABC so we get them faster than the rest of europe aswell :wub: (thos are the only two serieses that still get new shows today that i realy like (and on most part whatch, i check other shows every now and than but most disapoint me, some CSI here and there wen i have an houre and want to whatch some TV but no regular CSI for me)