Bad songs by good bands

Guest Josef Stallion

Guest Josef Stallion

We already have one of these topics floating around here, but I was just curious to see what songs you hated by bands you liked(the exact opposite of said topic). I can't think of one in particular but one that comes to mind has to be "Droppin' Plates" by Disturbed off the Sickness CD. Everyone I seem to know loves that song but for some odd reason I just do not like it.

Edited by Josef Stallion

"Smart Girls" by Brian Wilson. Nothing anyone else can say in this topic can beat it in terms of extreme suckitude compared to the artist's best work.

Thought of another one just now: "I Think I Smell a Rat" or something along those lines by the White Stripes.

:huh: I was quite fond of that one. Some pretty funky riffage, IIRC.

Broken by Seether sucks, but the one featuring Amy Lee sounds so much better.

And what don't you like about Thoughtless? I think it is a very good song.

It just seems incredibly bland and has no lasting appeal. The chorus just drives at what most people who hate Korn stereotypically say about them. A very weak single for a pretty weak album for one of my favorite bands.

Guest MuRd0K

Someday by The Strokes

Wow, I thought this was a pretty good song. Not their best sing (Far from it, Reptilia, Last Nite and 12:51 are worlds better) but still not a bad song.

Out of control - Hoobastank

Most of the Jet Album, except for Cold Hard bitch, Will you be my girl and another song I forgot.

Suzuki Method - Gorillaz

Puddle Of Mudd-Piss It All Away

You are kidding me right?

Edited by MuRd0K

Guest Angry Baboon

Sonic Youth- "Touch me I'm sick"

The original Mudhoney version is MUCH better.

Mudhoney- "Sonic Infusion"

Ironically enough, This is Mudhoney trying to rip off Sonic Youth.

Flaming Lips- "Can't get you out of my head"

They could have done so much more with this. I actually like Kylie's version better. It's so freaking dull and monotonous, what was Wayne thinking?!

Bob Dylan- "Big Yellow Taxi"

One of the worst covers ever. Infact the entire "Dylan" album sucks copious amounts of the anus.

Nine Inch Nails - Deep

Song just sucks so much amount of ass it's not even funny.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - By The Way

Just doesn't seem to fit into their catalog of songs, IMO. Just not true RHCP.

A Perfect Circle/Tapeworm - Vacant

In theory it's supposed to be a Tapeworm song, but no one has heard the Tapeworm version. Either way, the lyrics aren't that great, and that's a suprise since Reznor & Keenan wrote it together.

Slipknot - Pulse Of The Maggots & Three Nill

I like the entire Subliminal Verses CD, but those two songs are just total suckage. They should have used Don't Get Close instead of POTM. Three Nill just sucks ass.

Tool - Anything off of Opiate

Really bad period in Tool's career, IMO.