Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

K

Not only that, he went almost straight down, that would have destroyed any plane in the world, never mind the fact that the hull was already shit with all the bullet holes in it.

Bah, I really enjoyed it. Whatever plot holes may exist are more than made up for with the exeptional visuals. A superb cast doesn't hurt either. It was an example of really good classical storytelling along the lines of Indiana Jones.

Guest Ringmaster

Bah, I really enjoyed it. Whatever plot holes may exist are more than made up for with the exeptional visuals. A superb cast doesn't hurt either. It was an example of really good classical storytelling along the lines of Indiana Jones.

Don't get me wrong, filiming an entire movie on a blue screen is an awesome concept, and most of it was a work of art...

It was just a shitty movie, with no plot, was inacurate, contradicted itself at every turn, and just generally made no sense whatsoever.

First of all, I compared it to Indiana Jones in terms of its storytelling, not quality. Secondly, visuals are not the only thing this film has going for it, that's just the most obvious quality. The performances are superb, the dialogue was sharp, and the movie was well paced. To each his own though.

Aeroplane plunges into the ocean at about a hundren miles an hour. The propellors retract, three robots explode above the surface. What does Penny Pringle say?

"We're underwater"

Sharp dialogue at its most sharpy

Aeroplane plunges into the ocean at about a hundren miles an hour. The propellors retract, three robots explode above the surface. What does Penny Pringle say?

"We're underwater"

Sharp dialogue at its most sharpy

Guest Ringmaster

The dialogue was basically the writers trying to parody the 40s film noirs, but adding some sort of modern twist to them that made them a lot less appealling.

don't see why anyone would want to go see this movie in the first place. It's just like the Wild, Wild West where they're supposed to be in the past and they have freakin' robots and shit.

I don't see why anyone would want to go see this movie in the first place. It's just like the Wild, Wild West where they're supposed to be in the past and they have freakin' robots and shit.

Wild Wild West was pretty stupid, mass marketted Hollywood Shit.

But movies like this fit into a genre called Retro Future, where there is a retro element, the World War Two Zepplins and Planes, and clothes, and such, mixed in with a futurusitic element, in this case, the robots. It's a standard fare in post apocolypse, seeing a world revert back to old school, but with futuristic reminders of what was once before.

Still, it's not a very good movie.