Here Comes Tupac....New Album Almost Done!

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Guest BacknBlackHoez

According to reliable and trustworthy sources at Interscope Records, the new album from Tupac Shakur will be released on December 7th. A first single has been chosen and it is expected to debut in the next two weeks. Whilst dates have been set, there is still very little known about the new album.

There are no details of the album or single title. There has been much speculation surrounding this release, rumours persist that the first single will be "Out On Bail" but as it stands now, this track may not even end up on the album. What is known is that Eminem is producing one or two tracks and according to Amaru they have reached out to more "top of the line" talent to ensure this album delivers exactly what the Tupac Shakur fans across the world want!

These dates are set but given it is Tupac, things may change. This info is true and correct at the time of posting so ignore what you hear on message boards and chat rooms. We'll keep you updated as soon as we hear anything and expect to be able to hear the new single right here on Raptism.Com in the coming weeks!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys are going a little overboard on the whole 2Pac-releasing-CDs-but-he's-dead thing.. when an artist dies.. or a band breaks up.. and they don't release stuff anymore.. people still want to hear things from them.. take The Beatles.. they broke up in 1970, but there's so many albums released with things that nobody's heard before but hardcore fans would love to hear.. like Live At The BBC and the Antholigy albums and other stuff.. hardcore 2Pac fans cannot wait for this stuff to be released... dead or alive, it doesn't matter

you guys are going a little overboard on the whole 2Pac-releasing-CDs-but-he's-dead thing.. when an artist dies.. or a band breaks up.. and they don't release stuff anymore.. people still want to hear things from them.. take The Beatles.. they broke up in 1970, but there's so many albums released with things that nobody's heard before but hardcore fans would love to hear.. like Live At The BBC and the Antholigy albums and other stuff.. hardcore 2Pac fans cannot wait for this stuff to be released... dead or alive, it doesn't matter

No, what bothers me is he's been dead seven years, why on earth did he record all this material? Did he plan on making these albums together and then sleeping for the rest of his life? I swear he's had more albums dead than alive*

* I don't care if he hasn't, it's just me exagurating (sp?), any person who thought I wasn't is an idiot, there, I said it, I'm not happy about it

Guest The Survivor

No, what bothers me is he's been dead seven years, why on earth did he record all this material? Did he plan on making these albums together and then sleeping for the rest of his life? I swear he's had more albums dead than alive*

* I don't care if he hasn't, it's just me exagurating (sp?), any person who thought I wasn't is an idiot, there, I said it, I'm not happy about it

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Before Death:

2Pacalypse Now

Released November 12, 1991

Highest Chart Position: #4 R&B, #64 Pop

Certified Gold April 19, 1995

Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z

Released February 1, 1993

Certified Gold: Sept. 24, '93

Certified Platinum: April 19, '95

Thug Life vol. 1

Released September 26, 1994

Highest Chart Position: #6 R&B, #42 Pop

Certified Gold: January 24, 1996

Me Against The World

Released February 27, 1995

Highest Chart Position: #1 R&B, #1 Pop

Certified 2x Platinum: April 26, 1995

All Eyez On Me

Released February 13, 1996

Certified 9x Platinum: June 18, 1998

After Death:

Makaveli - The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory

Released November 5, 1996

R U Still Down (remember me)

Released November 25, 1997

Highest Chart Position: #1 R&B, #2 Pop

Certified Platinum: Dec. 15, 1997

Greatest Hits

Released November 24, 1998

Certified 9X Platinum

Still I Rise

Released December 14, 1999

Highest Chart Position: #2 R&B, #7 Pop

Certified 2X Platinum

The Rose That Grew From Concrete (poetry performed by other artist's)

Released November 21, 2000

Until The End Of Time

Released March 27, 2001

Certified 2X Platinum

Better Days

Released November 26, 2002

Highest Chart Position: #1 R&B, #5 Pop

Not yet certified

plus...the new CD coming, so make your own assumptions.

While he was obsessed with his death, the abundance of unreleased material isn't just a Tupac thing. Pretty much every artist has loads of unreleased tracks. I know DMX said he's got about 60 tracks that will probably never be heard and Nas is known to record about thirty tracks per album, then cut it down from there. The reason you've never heard of any other artist having this much is because MOST artists keep their unreleased tracks as UNRELEASED. By definition, you wouldn't hear of it. He died and Afini decided to go ahead and put his work out there, letting his fans hear it all. Personally, I thought his last two albums were really weak in comparison to his earlier works and I can tell why he never released a lot of this stuff.

Yeah it's true that alot of aritsts have dones of unrealeased stuff. The Beatles have had some "new stuff" come out in the last decade (although the "new" Anthology stuff were just old John Lennon demos with the then 3 living Beatles adding vocals and music all put together by Jeff Lynne) and Johnny Cash recorded 60 songs between June Carters death and his, but cetainly he hasn't got a crap-load of albums waiting in the wings and I don't think Rick Rubin will make any more after American V comes out.

You'd think that Tupac would've released all this stuff during his life time if he was so productive (which I don't doubt I mean look at Steve Earle or Bob Dylan and the creative streaks they've had in there careers).