I-Football (Soccer) Comment

Lowerdeck

I was reading the local paper here this morning. Some local high school boys soccer team scored 13 goals in a shutout against a measly prep school. One of the players scored four goals and assisted six others.

On further research - this team won 9-0 against another Catholic prep school the day or two before the 13-0 blowout. Both of these schools are trash, but the school doing the blowouts was 4-4 (now 6-4)

I'm just wondering, has a soccer game ever got that many goals in one game? Normally it's low scoring affairs, and I never see scores above 5 goals a game - nevermind 13.

around where i live blowouts happen a lot in high school soccer. It used to happen to us, but then our team got better and we started blowing out teams. and it's really not fair to compare levels of soccer. In professional games, blow outs like 13-0 never happen (well not from what i've seen or heard) that's usually cuz instead of having a pimple-faced 15 year old defending you, you have a worldclass athlete to deal with.

Well I remember Man Utd beating Ipswich 9-0 once a few years back. And just yesterday Newcastle beat Man City 4-3 (7 Goals), 5-7 goal matches over in England are more common than you'd think.

Was referring to just one team dominating over the other. Like the 9-0 beating Man U gave you said. Not combined score being 13 goals. Although, that seems to be rare too.

The above post is exactly why Oceania should not have automatic entry into the World Cup. But thats another debate.

I remember Everton beating Southampton 7-0 a few years back. That was when Saints where even worse than they are now (remember Ken Monkou? How bad was he?), but somehow managed to stay up.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I use to play for a team called Rennes United when I was about 14, we use to lose every game about 18-0, and that was just in a normal days work, the only team below us in the league were the only team we ever beat, and even we could beat them about 14-0 (they didn't have a fulltime goalkeeper, just a shitty coach who'd rotate the team every week).

So as far as records go for School boys, theres no number that can't be reached. If you want some goal fests between real teams, take a look at pre-season friendlies.