Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He went to Hereford :P

It's ok now though, I brought in some guy from Dagenham and Redbridge and we're sitting pretty in mid-table, 12th to be exact, the highest we've been all season (and coincidentally, one position below the position Bognor are in in real life :P).

With five games to go we're five points ahead of the last team that isn't in the relegation zone (Thurrock), and 13 ahead of actually being in it. I don't know how we managed that, considering that when I took over we were nine points adrift at the bottom :o

An update, beat Liverpool 2-1 in the FA Cup final, came from behind with Rooney scoring twice.

In other news my England side had a disappointing Euro 2008. I was screwed by the comp though. When I was asked to select my squad the game refused to allow me to add Sol Campbell, Steven Gerrard and Ledley King to it. (It said "This player cannot be added to the squad at the current time"). None of them were injured btw. Combine that with Rio Ferdinand being injured and I went in with a heavily depleted squad.

Anyway, in the first game Jon Stead scored a 90th minute winner to beat Holland 2-1. Awesome start and we continued with a decent 1-1 draw against Sweden in the second game. So, third game comes along, against Turkey, and we're sitting top of the group with 4 points. (Turkey + Sweden on 2, Holland on 1). No problem qualifying right? That's what I thought.

The match with Turkey was completely even, yet they win 3-0. Same amount of possession, same amount of chances. And to make things worse, Sweden beat Holland 2-1 putting us out. Could well be in for the sack now...

Yup. Got sacked.

On a plus note though, two weeks later i got offered the Turkey job (Their coach still got sacked after making the Quarter Finals and beating my England team 3-0 in the groups :o ).

Had a big change around in my Utd team, I've sold Barry and Silvestre and brought in Ryan Babel from Ajax, Mark Gonzalez from Albacete and Peter Cech for £9m from chelsea. I'm hoping to sign Hatem Ben Arfa (Marsielle) and Phillip Lahm (Juve)

I've also transfer listed Scholes, Gary Neville, Alex Frei and Roy Carroll but no one seems to want them right now.

On a side note, never ever sign Sukanta from AC Milan. He's a royal pain in the ass. First he wants to leave, then he doesn't, now he does again. So i'm selling him to a Spanish club in exchange for some young guy called Oskitz.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

He went to Hereford :P

It's ok now though, I brought in some guy from Dagenham and Redbridge and we're sitting pretty in mid-table, 12th to be exact, the highest we've been all season (and coincidentally, one position below the position Bognor are in in real life :P).

With five games to go we're five points ahead of the last team that isn't in the relegation zone (Thurrock), and 13 ahead of actually being in it. I don't know how we managed that, considering that when I took over we were nine points adrift at the bottom :o

Yup. Got sacked.

On a plus note though, two weeks later i got offered the Turkey job (Their coach still got sacked after making the Quarter Finals and beating my England team 3-0 in the groups :o ).

Had a big change around in my Utd team, I've sold Barry and Silvestre and brought in Ryan Babel from Ajax, Mark Gonzalez from Albacete and Peter Cech for £9m from chelsea. I'm hoping to sign Hatem Ben Arfa (Marsielle) and Phillip Lahm (Juve)

I've also transfer listed Scholes, Gary Neville, Alex Frei and Roy Carroll but no one seems to want them right now.

On a side note, never ever sign Sukanta from AC Milan. He's a royal pain in the ass. First he wants to leave, then he doesn't, now he does again. So i'm selling him to a Spanish club in exchange for some young guy called Oskitz.

Started a game with Barca, but just made a big mistake. Signed Aruna from Anderlecht only to discover that I could only register 3 non EU players, and I already have Marquez, Ronaldinho and Eto'o. So now Aruna can only play in the Champs League.

Started a game with Barca, but just made a big mistake.  Signed Aruna from Anderlecht only to discover that I could only register 3 non EU players, and I already have Marquez, Ronaldinho and Eto'o.  So now Aruna can only play in the Champs League.

I noticed that when I started a game as Sevilla after signing Hernan Crespo and Juan Veron. I had 5 non-EU players. I got bored after about 2 friendlies though and quit.

But now I intend to start again as Sevilla and STICK WITH IT...I've got £12m in the bank and am lining up Nigel De Jong, Maarten Stekelenburg and Andy Van Der Meyde at the mo. I should be able to get at least two of them, so that's good.

The amount of talent with unprotected contracts is unbelevable!

I started a game with Liverpool and was quite proud of the fact that I had brought Dede, Vanden Borre and van Bommel via the unprotected contract malarky. But imagine my disgust when I found out that every bugger else had them!

Bastards :D

Played a few seasons with them and won a few titles and CL's but got a bit bored, so I've since started a new game with Cologne in the German Second Division. You know, try and "start from scratch" and build a squad. In 1st place at the winter break with €500k in the bank :D

Got DER HAMMER~! (Jorg Albertz) and a Turkish striker called Mansiz...who was being chased by a host of clubs. So in order to get him (goals drying up) I had to rip open my pay wage structure...and you haven't got a large wage kitty in the German 2nd Division.

Fascinating eh? ;)

Edited by Postman Matt

The Arsenal researcher sucks tbh.

He left out lots of young players, plus the contracts are all scrwwed up.

According to him, the following players are out of contract in the summer:

Edu, Gilberto, Campbell, Cole, Ljungberg, Toure, Bergkamp.

The ones that are correct are Edu, Bergkamp and Campbell.

Toure signed a new one ages ago, Ljungberg's is until 2006, so is Cole's.

And also, Pennant's is expiring this summer but according to him, it is 2006.

I lost by game last night thing kept crashing going into June 2008 :(

Started a new one @ Stevenage. So far only three games with one win, one loss and a draw. Letting in a lot of goals and the press have commented on it.

The thing is most of those goals were conceded in money makers against Premiership opposition...

Meh.

I think our Bognor wagebill has gotten a bit out of hand.

When we finished last season, we were £25 under the budget.

Now we're £2k over :shifty:

But with the squad I've managed to assemble for absolutely nothing in transfer fees, we'll probably get promoted, then I'll be a hero instead of sacked.

Or a sacked hero.

But either way, a hero :cool:

Unless we don't go up, in which case I'll just be sacked.