The Transfer Thread

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kanu wants to come to Villa. Can't be bothered to link the story :\ But he said if O'Leary doesn't offer him a contract he'd head to Spain.

Who knows. All this transfer rubbish lately is getting hard to keep up with.

Di Vaio sold to Valencia -- Marco Di Vaio to join the Italian contingent in Valencia

He will be joining Stefano Fiore and Bernardo Corradi under the stewardship of Claudio Ranieri for a fee of € 10 million or € 11.5 million (dependent on which paper you read) payable over a 5 year period.

Much speculation now on who will take his place: ALBERTO GILARDINO ? ADRIAN MUTU ?, the 25 year old Romanian or, less likely JIMMY FLOYD HASSELBAINK ? the 32 Dutch striker.

Juve are reported to have made enquiries on SOL CAMPBELL of Arsenal, whose contract expires next year as the EMERSON saga is reportedly unlikely to come to a satisfactory end for Juve.

All should become a little clearer on Thursday when Moggi will unveil the new Juventus squad.

Also Maresca is apprently being loaned out for the season to Fiorentina or something. Both off them are terrible, I don't mean the players I mean the descsion to get rid of them. Di Vaio was never the greatest striker, but he was always good at his job. Maresca was also great when he played last season and I don't know why Capello would want to get rid of him, although I'm certain its so we can get Emerson. I was still wanting Vieri or Baros to sign with us, Vieri was like so close and well he was really unhappy at Inter last season so it should of happened. Apprently it'll be Gilardino signing for us very very soon and he's only 22. Thing is I've never heard of him, anyone know where I can get information on him? Also anyone know when the draw for the CL is? As in the qualifying stage thingy, I'm sure its in a few days or something.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

News of the World choosing to go with Sol Campbell possibly leaving as todays main item...

...SOL CAMPBELL is on the verge of sensationally following Patrick Vieira out of Arsenal to Real Madrid.

The England defender is dismayed the Premiership champions want him to take a massive pay cut to stay and knows he is wanted by the Spanish giants and Juventus.

The Gunners have already lost their fight to stop Vieira joining Real, despite manager Arsene Wenger holding crisis talks with his skipper in Austria yesterday.

A Real insider confirmed: "Of course we would love Patrick to convince Sol to join us.

"Everyone knows we had defensive problems last season REAL MADRID last night told Patrick Vieira they are prepared to wait until the January transfer window to land him.

Madrid chief Jose Antonio Camacho still expects the Arsenal skipper to sign in a £30million move BEFORE the new season starts.

But as Vieira joined Arsenal's European tour in Austria yesterday to hold crisis talks with Gunners boss Arsene Wenger, Camacho insisted he would get his man — sooner or later.

He declared: "I am prepared to wait until the very last day of the transfer window to sign the player I want. We will wait until the very end for a player that can really help the team.

"I like to have small squads so that all my players feel part of the team.

Ruthless

"When Real Madrid want a player his team think they have found a gold mine. But in December other doors will open that will make things easier for us.

"My club president Florentino Perez knows what we need and my point of view, and he is working on that.

"We don't have stress or hurry. We have a squad of players that the whole world wants. We are a select World XI."

Vieira, 28, privately told Wenger he wanted to leave two weeks ago and yesterday repeated his desire to leave in face-to-face talks in Austria.

The Premiership champions hired a £1million private Lear jet to fly Vieira and fellow Euro 2004 stars Sol Campbell, Thierry Henry, Ashley Cole, Robert Pires and Freddie Ljungberg to Graz.

The players were then ushered into a private Ford Transit van with blacked-out windows and taken to the team's exclusive Der Steirerhof Hotel ahead of last night's friendly against Austrian champions AK Grazer.has told Wenger he wants to leave.

The Arsenal boss is still stubbornly refusing to let go of his beloved captain but this time it looks a lost cause.

And if the Gunners dig in and refuse to sell now they could find Vieira's price tag has plummeted by December as the midfield ace would have only 18 months left on his contract by then.

Ruthless Real president Perez has been chasing Vieira for three years but has been thwarted by the smooth-talking of Wenger and vice-president David Dein's stubborn refusal to sell.

Dismal

The pair were delighted when Vieira signed a new contract last summer. But the Frenchman has now decided to call time on his Highbury career.

Real boss Camacho (right) added: "I am happy with the players I have but it would be much better to get players in.

"This year everybody said Roberto Carlos was going to leave and so would Fernando Morientes but they stayed. And with new signing Walter Samuel we have three players that we didn't think we would."

Vieira is seen in Madrid as the missing link that will catapult the Spanish giants to a 10th European Cup after the dismal end to their trophy-less season.

He would play central midfield with David Beckham. And the England superstar said: "If a club wants to sign a player it is really the player who decides.

"Vieira's an Arsenal player until he signs for another club. But if he leaves Arsenal I hope he comes to Madrid."

Camacho admitted talks could not progress as Vieira was on holiday after Euro 2004. And, ominously for Gunners fans, he predicted Vieira's return for pre-season training should speed things up. Camacho (right) added: "There are players that have finished their season very late because of Euro 2004. They have been on holiday and when they return to work it will be different." Wenger is already looking for a replacement and Porto's Maniche is his No1 choice.

His agent Paulo Barbosa said: "Arsenal have shown interest. I have spoken with their manager and he has shown a desire to reach agreement."

Source News of the World.

-------------------------------

Could be true if so Arsenal are looking just ever so slightly weaker without Campbell and Vieria. But no need to worry they could keep them to December..

REDS IN TALKS WITH SPANISH DEFENDER

Paul Eaton 25 July 2004 

Liverpool have today confirmed they are in talks with Spanish defender Josemi over a move to Anfield.

The 24 year old Malaga defender is still to undergo a medical and so talk of a done deal is premature, but the Reds are hopeful the transfer can be concluded swiftly and that Josemi can join up with the Reds on their pre-season tour of America.

Josemi is currently at a training camp in Switzerland with Malaga but he admits he's delighted that the opportunity of a move to Liverpool has presented itself.

He said: "I was speaking to Benitez, he has put his faith in me and I will work to make sure things turn out well. It was an offer I couldn't refuse.

"I am really happy because this is an unbeatable opportunity. If I was ever going to leave Malaga, it was for something like this.

"Now everybody has to be happy, because it's a proud moment for everybody connected with me.

"It's what I've always dreamed about and now I have the chance to play in a big team

"I wasn't expecting the move, but this has all happened in two days and everything has worked out in an instant.

"I still haven't taken it in and when I get there I will try to adapt bit by bit. I have to adapt well and be patient."

Josemi, who can perform at right-back or in the centre of defence, started his career at home-town club Torremolinos before moving to Malaga as a teenager.

His real name is Jose Miguel Gonzales Rey, but he prefers to go by his nickname which is derived from his first two names.

source: liverpoolfc.tv

Everton agree terms with PSV for Van Bommel

tribalfootball.com - July 26, 2004

Mark Van Bommel is still weighing up a move to Everton.

The Guardian says Everton chairman Bill Kenwright has brokered a deal with PSV Eindhoven for the midfielder, but nothing will be rubberstamped until Van Bommel agrees terms.

Its understood the boardroom turmoil at Everton is a factor concerning the Van Bommel camp

Source

If this happened, I would find it hard to complain about the Everton midfield when he's playing.

Maresca of to Fiorentina -- Miccoli linked to a move

On Saturday we are told that Fiorentina have become part ownership with Juve for the player Enzo Maresca to the value of 2 million Euros, Monday lunch time Juve release a statement saying Maresca has been sold to Fiorentina for 5 million Euros, with the sale of Di Vaio and Maresca both young and promising players what is going on, are these the surprises that Moggi promised the Juve fans, hope not, but all that does not end there Miccoli could also be going out he’s been linked to Lazio, they get Miccoli and Juve get Cesar plus 7.5 million Euros, if this is the case why not sell Buffon, Del Piero and Nedved, has Moggi really lost the plot, I would like to eat my word gladly but somehow I belive that things are not well at Juve…

Well thats Maresca gone even though he was great. I will be pissed if I don't hear of at least two great signings in the next week. We need people before the CL starts up for christ sake. Capello best be praying he has made the right descsions and best make some good signings.

Josemi joins Liverpool

Liverpool have signed defender Josemi from Malaga for £2m.

Reds boss Rafael Benitez revealed the news after his side's 5-1 pre-season win over Celtic in the US.

"Josemi signed earlier on Monday," said Benitez. "I know this player and he is good in defence, good in the air and can make this team stronger."

The 24-year-old is understood to have signed a four-year-deal with Liverpool and is Benitez's first signing as manager at the club.

And Benitez hinted there could be more to follow.

"For me it is important that we have good players and it does not matter what nationality they are," added Benitez.

"Perhaps I know the Spanish market better than others but we have good scouts all around the world so if good players become available then we will sign them."

Liverpool 5-1 Celtic 

Prior to signing Josemi said: "I am really happy because this is an unbeatable opportunity. If I was ever going to leave Malaga, it was for something like this."

Josemi, real name Jose Miguel Gonzales Rey, began his career at Torremolinos and can play right-back or centre-back.

He added: "I was speaking to Benitez, he has put his faith in me and I will work to make sure things turn out well. It was an offer I couldn't refuse.

"Now everybody has to be happy, because it's a proud moment for everybody connected with me.

"I wasn't expecting the move, but this has all happened in two days and everything has worked out in an instant.

"For me, it's what I've always dreamed about and now I have the chance to play in a big team, I have to take advantage of it.

"I still haven't taken it in and when I get there I will try to adapt bit by bit. I have to adapt well and be patient."

source: bbc.co.uk

Barca make Cisse move

Liverpool's new French recruit Djibril Cisse has emerged as a surprise transfer target for Barcelona.

Cisse has yet to taste any competitive action with Liverpool, having only moved from Auxerre in the summer, but he has emerged as a possible transfer target for Barca.

The Catalan club have stated a commanding centre half is their priority and will remain so for the remainder of the summer, but president Joan Laporta is constantly scouring the market for talent.

Cisse was a target for Barcelona last summer and it would appear they are still smarting at losing out to Liverpool in the race for his signature.

"He is a player we have always admired and for that reason we have put forward the idea of him being loaned to Barcelona with an option to buy him," Laporta is quoted as saying in The Guardian.

"Of course this all depends totally on Liverpool who, we understand, have not finally settled on their squad for this season and who have a number of strikers on their books.

"A powerful defender remains our priority and that is what (Frank) Rijkaard has requested, but everything is still open," Laporta added to the Spanish media.

Barca have also made enquiries for Liverpool's Milan Baros, but any approach for Cisse is likely to receive short shrift as the player has expressed delight at moving to Anfield and scored twice in a friendly on Monday.

source: planetfootball.com

Two words: as if!

Edited by pigeon

Chelsea seek Carvalho deal

Chelsea are close to completing a deal for Porto defender Ricardo Carvalho, BBC Sport understands.

He was part of the Porto team that won the Champions League last season - a feat masterminded by Jose Mourinho, who has since become Chelsea boss.

Carvalho is believed to be set to fly to London to seal an initial £17m deal.

The Blues have been looking to strengthen their defence since the exit of Marcel Desailly, who had his contract cancelled by mutual consent.

Carvalho, who has stated he wants to leave Porto, has also been linked with a switch to Real Madrid.

The Spanish giants offered a reported £7m for the 26-year-old, a bid that fell a long way short of Porto's £20m asking price.

Since beating Monaco 3-0 in the Champions League final, Porto have lost coach Mourinho and defender Paulo Ferreira to Chelsea, while midfield playmaker Deco has joined Barcelona.

Carvalho enjoyed an outstanding Euro 2004 after replacing skipper Fernando Couto in the heart of Portugal's defence.

bbc.co.uk/football

As a Chelsea fan, I believe I can sum up my thoughts in just one word: Yawn.

Seems the "I must have my squad for the season completed before leaving for the US, all transfers not completed by then are off" spiel from Mourinho was firmly in the realms of bullshit, at least as far as Porto players are concerned.

FINALLY...

Emerson deal done

Emerson saga is over, this afternoon (Tues. 27/07/04) deal was done with Roma, Emerson joins Juve for estimated 14 million Euros plus the player Matteo Brighi. Now call me a fool, but was it not Moggi saying that Juve would not pay no more than 9 million Euros plus a player. He always maintained that he would not budge from that...

Let’s hope that the surprise still has to arrive….

I've been waiting for that for a few weeks now and its finally a done deal. Cant wait to see him in action. Still like the guy said, I'm hoping thats not the surprise Capello was talking about. Sign a good striker and two good defenders and that's us ready for the season.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

OK, I really can't believe that Chelsea have spent so much money this summer on who they have.

Ferreira? Ripped off by about £10mm

Drogba? Ripped off by about £14m, if he doesn't break at LEAST 15 goals, he's a total waste.

In my opinion, Chelsea are being ripped off left, right and center. I couldn't beleive it when I heard that Ferreira guy cost them around 13m. I wouldn't have paid 2m for him, let alone that. It makes me laugh though, because Abromovich is meant to be a tough businessman who has battled his way up from poverty in Russia, Kenyon claimed that Chelsea won't shed out any unnecessary money. Yet they paid 24m for Drogba. Fair play to Marseille though for milking them for everything they could. Chelsea would have paid 30m for him if the price would have been made higher.

FINALLY...

Emerson deal done

Emerson saga is over, this afternoon (Tues. 27/07/04) deal was done with Roma, Emerson joins Juve for estimated 14 million Euros plus the player Matteo Brighi. Now call me a fool, but was it not Moggi saying that Juve would not pay no more than 9 million Euros plus a player. He always maintained that he would not budge from that...

Let’s hope that the surprise still has to arrive….

I've been waiting for that for a few weeks now and its finally a done deal. Cant wait to see him in action. Still like the guy said, I'm hoping thats not the surprise Capello was talking about. Sign a good striker and two good defenders and that's us ready for the season.

This could start the Vieira speculation going again. Real were apparently after Emerson for defensive midfield, but since he's gone to Juve they could go after Big Pat.

Guest Small Blue

I love the way Marseille really milked the money from Chelsea and are going to build a fucking strong team with that money - getting atleast 4 good players.

Lizarazu for about 7mill.

Get another striker for seven and they are set.

This could start the Vieira speculation going again. Real were apparently after Emerson for defensive midfield, but since he's gone to Juve they could go after Big Pat.

Start it going again? When did it die down?

Start it going again? When did it die down?

Well Wenger has said he expects Vieira to stay and Vieira has gone to Austria with the team for a pre season tour, so things seem to have settled a bit.