Eminem: Encore

trdavisca

on The Eminem Show, i loved it.. the serious songs like Soldier, Say Goodbye To Hollywood, Sing For The Moment, When The Music Stops, Say What You Say, White America and Til I Collapse were awesome, the lyrics and the flows were great

Than there were songs that were serious and funny at the same time.. Square Dance, Hailie's Song, Superman, My Dad's Gone Crazy, Business

not a bad thing about any of those songs.. Cleanin Out My Closet was a good song too.. but that song and Without Me are the only two songs where I can understand you calling him a parody of himself..

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Eminem Show was a fantastic album. Agreed with fultie on what he said. People who say that album made him a parody of himself are talking out of their asses and obviously didn't pay close attention to the record. It was Eminem's greatest work to date. If anything it was is last bit of originality before the whole act got old with Encore. Like I said before, Eminem Show would have been the perfect finale for the Slim Shady character.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

The Eminem Show was a fantastic album. Agreed with fultie on what he said. People who say that album made him a parody of himself are talking out of their asses and obviously didn't pay close attention to the record. It was Eminem's greatest work to date. If anything it was is last bit of originality before the whole act got old with Encore. Like I said before, Eminem Show would have been the perfect finale for the Slim Shady character.

Edited by BacknBlackHoez

I'd take Infinite, SSLP or MMLP over The Eminem Show. Now that I've heard Encore, The Eminem Show seems a lot better, but it's still weaker than his first three. Lyrically it was OK; a little sloppy in places, and the humour was hit-and-miss. TES contained early examples of his current, incredibly lazy flow which he seems to have adopted since 50 came into the picture. Production-wise I really didn't like it. 'Til I Collapse was the only beat I really liked, and on songs like Square Dance and Business I thought it was really quite bad. Encore has better production, but the other areas have gone downhill since The Eminem Show. I'd rank Encore below Devil's Night, and only just above D12 World.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I liked the Eminem show, but I'm not at all keen on Encore, I'm not going on any particular reasons why, its just not something I have the desire to give another listen.

I usually hate most CD's at the start anyway and listening to the whole album from start to finish and slowly get a feel for it, but I can't be bothered to give this one that much attention.